Foran (if he over comes his injuries ) or someone else will lead play

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson and Tolman during origin

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who ever gets it are taking one foot step out the door. Bulldogs get rid of all the captains

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Its gotta be Jackson ! He plays like a Bulldog & has that never give up attitude ! I can honestly see him being captain till he retires as a one club player.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Woods, klemmer or jacko. Personally i wouldnt have a back because i think the dogs platform and foundation will be thru the forwards. Someone that will bash it up all game and rip in and lead by example in defence
Sounds like your talking about Aiden Tolman.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson or jmoz.... he may be past his prime, but jmoz bleeds blue and has the respect of the playing group. And its his last year

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The first half of your post makes me think Jackson and the last couple of lines Foran. Do you guys see Jackson as someone that can read the play & direct a game? If it wasn’t for interviews I’ve never heard him talk
My only concern is the effect of captaincy on a top line player. We've seen how it has been detrimental to some of our best in the past. I don't want to see Jacko burdened with the role of captain unless he is eager to take it on.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It has to be Jackson
The guy is mature and well spoken
Well respected
Plays long minutes
Leads by example
Is still young, providing stability in the team as a long term option.

And he is a bulldog who clearly loves the club.

It can't go to an aging player like Morris

It can't go to a blow in tigers man like woods

It can't go to someone as unstable as Foran

It can go to a joker like Klemmer

It has to go to Jackson

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My only concern is the effect of captaincy on a top line player. We've seen how it has been detrimental to some of our best in the past. I don't want to see Jacko burdened with the role of captain unless he is eager to take it on.
Jackson would handle it with ease mate
I have confidence in his maturity and his core values and integrity as a man to handle the job naturally

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JJ is a champion footballer and person but im not sure he is captaincy material. As a captain you want some on who not only inspires his team mates and leads from the front but also some one who is cunning like Cam Smith and able to not only speak with the referee's but also direct them and influence them, someone who is able to talk to the media and confident like Mick Ennis .. being a great player and a champion person isnt enough to be a club captain, you need some one that has that x factor about them and presence.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think klemmer and jj captain .
There is a lot of people suggesting klemmer

I just don't understand why, when josh Jackson ticks more boxes

I can't think of any captain quality klemmer has over Jackson

But I can think of a few huge ones in the negatives for klemmer

Firstly
Klemmer, whilst being a nice guy, is a lunatic, and as a result the refs have a target on him
He can't reason with a ref on the field in the heat of the moment like a composed person and mature person can
Jackson wins hands down there

That's enough for me to instantly make Jackson captain over klemmer.

And for exactly that reason alone I can think of several other candidates who would make a better co captain than klemmer.

I'm fucked if I can see why Fittler or anyone else would call for klemmer to be captain simply for that huge reason

Much the same as I couldn't understand why there were people back in the day calling for mason to be our captain when talk of price was leaving

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
JJ is a champion footballer and person but im not sure he is captaincy material. As a captain you want some on who not only inspires his team mates and leads from the front but also some one who is cunning like Cam Smith and able to not only speak with the referee's but also direct them and influence them, someone who is able to talk to the media and confident like Mick Ennis .. being a great player and a champion person isnt enough to be a club captain, you need some one that has that x factor about them and presence.
I think you would be surprised
I think Jackson does lead by example in his consistency, much like bobcat Ryan did

I think he does speak well to the media
He doesn't stutter or say ummmm a lot

His voice may be quiet, but he looks into the eyes of the reporter clearly and speaks sense and is relaxed and composed when doing so.

No one can influence a ref like cam smith
That's setting the bar too high mate

But I think Jackson has enough respect from the refs to interact with them effectively enough when required

I'm not seeing your point on this one mate. I'm really not

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you would be surprised
I think Jackson does lead by example in his consistency, much like bobcat Ryan did

I think he does speak well to the media
He doesn't stutter or say ummmm a lot

His voice may be quiet, but he looks into the eyes of the reporter clearly and speaks sense and is relaxed and composed when doing so.

No one can influence a ref like cam smith
That's setting the bar too high mate

But I think Jackson has enough respect from the refs to interact with them effectively enough when required

I'm not seeing your point on this one mate. I'm really not
fair call. Each to the their own and IF JJ is appointed club captain then i'd definitely still be happy. I love the bloke and no one gives more then JJ on the field week in week out for our club and state but i dont want the burden of captaincy affecting him

Status
Not open for further replies.