2017 Grand Final Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
It was crazy watching a team live in the biggest game of the year Just easily destroy the game. I was standing next to a Storm supporter and they just watched on chatting cheering and having fun as if it was just another game. No agony, no nervous tension just enjoyment. I was jealous that I know as a Dog I will never experience what this supporter was feeling ever. Looked fun especially that last ten minutes when you know you can't loose and you can just enjoy the party. Oh well one can dream.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Grand final as a show piece was no good.
Melbourne won 34 - 6 after beating Brisbane 30 - nil in the prelim.

Long time since a team has been so dominant.
Now why is that? Could it be that the NRL, so desperate to ensure a successful team in Melbourne (like Sydney & now GWS in AFL) will turn a blind eye to how 1 team can have 3 immortals in a team at one time? And if you ask some so-called experts, another one in Munster. Or are the accountants in Melbourne just THAT good? (And yes I appreciate that they have some lower level players but don't most teams?

If you did a points salary cap system how would it look on paper?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Now why is that? Could it be that the NRL, so desperate to ensure a successful team in Melbourne (like Sydney & now GWS in AFL) will turn a blind eye to how 1 team can have 3 immortals in a team at one time? And if you ask some so-called experts, another one in Munster. Or are the accountants in Melbourne just THAT good? (And yes I appreciate that they have some lower level players but don't most teams?

Totally agree.
They have a magic calculator.
Personally I like the Major League Baseball system. Everything is out in the open even player salaries.

Also agree NRL is totally corrupt.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The storm had it to easy. Considering the pain of being there live in 12' and 14' won't subside. But yes everyone wants to win easy, but I'd find it more satisfying seeing my team win fighting tooth and nail and giving it everything they had to get the job done, makes it more special rather than just having 3 of the best players the game has seen just roll through their sets

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The storm had it to easy. Considering the pain of being there live in 12' and 14' won't subside. But yes everyone wants to win easy, but I'd find it more satisfying seeing my team win fighting tooth and nail and giving it everything they had to get the job done, makes it more special rather than just having 3 of the best players the game has seen just roll through their sets
Couldnt agree more
Hence why the 04 Gf was so special, oh what a day that was☺

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
You wonder why cheating (and gambling) are against my principles.

I despise the Storm so much

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think you have an IQ above say 10. Perhaps your a retarded child with a keyboard?
Lollll complains to mods I called him a c word then goes ahead and calls me a retard lollll fk hilarious.
Also when you want to insult someone's iq levels at least get the punctuation correct. (You're*)

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cowboys coach Paul Green thinks Te Maire Martin would have stopped Josh Addo-Carr’s first try

Subscriber only

NORTH Queensland coach Paul Green claimed Te Maire Martin was a chance to run down Josh Addo-Carr had he not been bowled over by referee Matt Cecchin.

Addo-Carr raced nearly 80m to post the opening points of the game midway through the first half, only for several Cowboys to claim Martin had been taken out by Cecchin at the other end of the field.

As the young Storm flyer latched on to a Will Chambers pass and started to charge down field, Martin appeared to run into the back of Cecchin and fall to the ground.

“I did (have an issue),’’ Green said afterwards.

“I thought the ref knocked him over and I reckon he would have made the tackle on Addo-Carr.

“It takes a bit of wind out of your sail, it’s against the run of play, and in a big game like that and against a really good team — I’ve said all along they’re the best team all year — so when you’re playing team like that, you can’t have things go against you like that.’’

Addo-Carr needed less than nine seconds to cover 80m, and it would have been a tough ask for Martin to mow him down, even if given a headstart.

A scrum is awarded when a referee makes contact with the ball, but not a player.

The NRL bunker had no problems awarding Addo-Carr the first of his two tries.

Only eight penalties were handed out all game, with Cecchin overheard telling Billy Slater early in the second half to “stop attacking players’ heads while they’re laying on the ground’’.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/e1b519ae3baddb57e90338205e9734ff

It's not a game of footy if Green isn't bitching about something.

As if Te Maire Martin would have stopped Addo Carr.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In my opinion if a player has been with a team long enough they should allowed to receive money over and above the cap

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lollll complains to mods I called him a c word then goes ahead and calls me a retard lollll fk hilarious.
Also when you want to insult someone's iq levels at least get the punctuation correct. (You're*)
Haha I hate that too

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's only like 200 members on here and ffs there's a lot ironic weirdos in that small number. It just goes to show how cancerous society has become lol.
I did an in-service once about dealing with difficult people and they quoted 10% of the population are unreasonable.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Addo-Carr = 150k
Curtis Scott = 150k
Vunivalu = 150k
Finucane = 250k
Kaufusi = 150k
Glasby = 250k
Griffin = 150k
K. Bromwich = 250k
NAS = 250k

Atleast 9 of there grand final winning 17 are on peanuts, and even though most of them are getting upgrades it will coincide with Cronk and Harris leaving.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Addo-Carr = 150k
Curtis Scott = 150k
Vunivalu = 150k
Finucane = 250k
Kaufusi = 150k
Glasby = 250k
Griffin = 150k
K. Bromwich = 250k
NAS = 250k

Atleast 9 of there grand final winning 17 are on peanuts, and even though most of them are getting upgrades it will coincide with Cronk and Harris leaving.
Are you using the same calculators they do in Melbourne?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you using the same calculators they do in Melbourne?
Addo-Carr - Came on a minimum wage to get more first grade games and wasn't happy at the Tigers.
Curtis Scott - 19 year old probably on a 2nd tier contract anyway.
Vunivalu - Still on the minimum contract he was signed for.
Finucane - Wasn't as good as he is now when he last signed a contract, upgraded for next year though.
Kaufusi - Was hardly a first grader when he last signed a contract.
Glasby - Was and is a bench player for the most part.
Griffin - Fringe first grader
K.Bromwich - Bench player

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Bulldog_4_Life, post: 3238956, member: 20542"]

Addo-Carr - Came on a minimum wage to get more first grade games and wasn't happy at the Tigers. Yep so he signed a 5 year contract at Melbourne to be on minimum wage did he?

Curtis Scott - 19 year old probably on a 2nd tier contract anyway. Melbourne beat 11 other clubs to sign him, so is he on minimum wage?
Vunivalu - Still on the minimum contract he was signed for. He has signed until 2021 - not on minimum wage
Finucane - Wasn't as good as he is now when he last signed a contract, upgraded for next year though. Signed until 2021 on $500k
Kaufusi - Was hardly a first grader when he last signed a contract. signed from Cowboys on 2 year deal
Glasby - Was and is a bench player for the most part. currently on a 3 year deal coming back from Cowboys
Griffin - Fringe first grader maybe - has had 3 knee re-cos
K.Bromwich - Bench player Has played test footy & signed to 2020

I still say that your calculator is more a gonculator

Status
Not open for further replies.