Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
MATCH UPS
HOLDEN CUP:
Eels vs Manly Sea Eagles
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: PNG Hunters vs Penrith Panthers
NRL: Melbourne Storm vs North Qld Cowboys

Ok so with a week until the big day is anyone else feeling underwhelmed by it all. The Storm are heavy heavy favourites and should be able to coast through the game, I just hope its not a complete massacre. But you still have to give the Cowboys some credit for making it this far and a glimmer of hope because they have beat every challenge put in front of them so far and the if they can some how find a way to win it will surely go down as the biggest upset in NRL history.

Cowboys
Taumalolo WOW, what a player he is, I would already put him in the top 10 forwards of all time and any sort of MOTM performance on Sunday would see him climb into a top 5 forward ever. The bloke doesn't stop, he never has any half-arsed runs, always charging to into the defence line and attracts 3-4 players.

Morgan, never expected him to stand up like he has, really stepped out of JT's shadow and proved that he really can be world class. His kicking game has gone to another level and the way he directs his team around the field is top notch. The only criticism I have for him is his passing game sometimes lacks the required quality for a halfback.

If the Cowboys are any chance of winning then Taumalolo and Morgan must both have the games of the lives and need to really stand up as they have been doing over the season.

My only concern for them is that there players look spent, Asiata is playing with a fractured arm, Feldt injured his leg against the roosters, Winterstein looks like he is struggling with some sort of thigh injury as well as a few others.

Storm
WOW, has any side made NRL look so easy and effortless at times. I can't see any other result tbh then them winning and to be fair they deserve it after there season.

Smith, Slater, Cronk. The big 3. Oh what I would do to have them at the dogs. After 2 years of injuries Slater has come back as if he was never out and playing like his 28 and in his prime again. Cronk is just amazing man, the way he can direct a team around a park and set his team up with the most outrageous kicks is just amazing. And Smith, the greatest hooker ever and a top 5 player ever, he makes the NRL look easy and the way we makes the game look so simple is unbelieveable, I know most people despise him, but guys don't take him for granted, once he retires it will be a long time before we see a player like him.

Vunivalu and Addo-Carr, 2 of the most entertaining players in the comp, just pure athletes. These guys show us just how important wingers are in the modern game and how there not just there to wait for the ball and fall over the line.

JT and Scott being out probably ruins a grand final that could've and should've been one of the best ever, The 2 greatest players of the modern era (JT and Smith) up against each other, 2 of the best forward packs in the comp going head to head and the athletic outside backs of the Storm against the experienced outside backs of the Cowboys. Im not counting the Cowboys out of it, but there going to have to perform the biggest robbery ever seen by NRL fans if they want that silverware back in Townsville.

Team Lists:
Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 8.24.26 PM.png

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yep the league wanted so much for Parra to win it this year. Next year for sure and who knows we might be the lucky bums getting beaten in it? A Dogs Parramatta final would probably break records so it would be good for the NRL.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the cowboys play matt scott i think it will be a mistake. either way cant see anything but a convincing storm win

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watch Green throw Scott in and the cowgirls to lose it.

Honestly Scott should do the right thing and just sit it out.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I hope it's a shocker on the refs part and the NRL come out and say get over it.

I don't really care about anything in the NRL except the Bulldogs. Storm deserve to win so meh! I hate fairy tale crap because we never get them so why would I be happy if other teams get them. So yeah Storm deserve it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
'Battled hardened' is not what you want come finals time. A fresh Storm will pump the Cowboys, this is a gift of a Grand Final. If Storm lose this it will go down as the biggest choke.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st time a gf has had no current or former nsw players. massive statement about how dominant qld have been

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Scott has finals experience. Still shouldn't be picked in the side.

Win or lose, picking Scott would be a huge difference if he can't play at full potential. With an already injury riddled side, last thing you want to do is add another liability into the mix.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So the State Championship is going to be between the PNG Hunters and the Penrith Panthers.

I feel sorry for the PNG Hunters because they honestly don't have a chance (as much as I'd love them to win). Panthers are playing with half a first grade side in NSW Cup (is it any wonder they won).

7 players with NRL (some extensive), and of those 7, 4 players are international reps.

1. Mason CERRUTO
2. Maika SIVO
3. Jed CARTWRIGHT
N / INT 4. Tony SATINI
5. Christian CRICHTON
6. Jarome LUAI
7. Darren NICHOLLS (c)
8. Kaide ELLIS
N 9. Mitch REIN
N / INT 10. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
N / INT 11. Viliame KIKAU
N 20. Moses LEOTA
N / INT 19. Sione KATOA

12. Corey WADDELL
N 14. Tom EISENHUTH
15. Oliver CLARK
16. Nick LUI-TOSO

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
if the cowboys play matt scott i think it will be a mistake. either way cant see anything but a convincing storm win
If they play Scott they are absolutely insane. There is no way he is 100% fit, and even if he is, he has not played any football so won't be match fit at all. He will be a total liability and the current squad has earned their spots.

I think if he had any class he would just come out and rule himself out. Although it is possible this is all mind games to keep Bellamy guessing.

As for your prediction of a convincing Storm win, I said the same thing before the finals started, that no one would challenge them. But if anyone is going to challenge them, it is this Cowboys team. They are pumped, they are playing exciting footy and they absolutely can win. I think it will be a really exciting game.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If they play Scott they are absolutely insane. There is no way he is 100% fit, and even if he is, he has not played any football so won't be match fit at all. He will be a total liability and the current squad has earned their spots.

I think if he had any class he would just come out and rule himself out. Although it is possible this is all mind games to keep Bellamy guessing.

As for your prediction of a convincing Storm win, I said the same thing before the finals started, that no one would challenge them. But if anyone is going to challenge them, it is this Cowboys team. They are pumped, they are playing exciting footy and they absolutely can win. I think it will be a really exciting game.
Scott has finals experience. Still shouldn't be picked in the side.

Win or lose, picking Scott would be a huge difference if he can't play at full potential. With an already injury riddled side, last thing you want to do is add another liability into the mix.
All very valid points.

Just ask Trent Robinson how well it went by naming and playing Tupou. Winger on the bench, coming back from a seemingly unresolved injury and very little game time anyway.He was a massive liability just as an underdone Scott would be. In any case, from radio reports attributed to Green, he will NOT be named in the squad of 21.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm thinking you guys are all under estimating Matt Scott.

He will play and he will do a standout job. The bloke is tough, tough as they come. If I was coach I'd have no problems playing scott off the bench

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm thinking you guys are all under estimating Matt Scott.

He will play and he will do a standout job. The bloke is tough, tough as they come. If I was coach I'd have no problems playing scott off the bench
Unless its mind games.. Green just ruled him out UNLESS there is an injury

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Unless its mind games.. Green just ruled him out UNLESS there is an injury
Yep just read that aswell

Either way someone of Matt Scott's calibre if he told me he was ready I'd have no hesitation personally.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he was fit - he would have a single 20-30 minute stint. That same stint that covers when Lolo is off the field.

So around the 30-35th minute to about the 50-55th.

His leadership would be huge when JT is getting a breather.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He would have been a massive plus for Cowboys. I think they'll struggle in the middle of the field to contain Melbourne.

The back row, I'd edge to cowboys, but the middle of the ruck Melbourne have it all over them.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have a read on ticket sales? NRL email earlier today indicated the final release of tickets today/morrow.

~c.

Status
Not open for further replies.