[2014] Beale, Folau To Switch Codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Article lost all credibility once the words "Grill team" were mentioned, argh!

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Had some hope till i read matty johns lol blokes been way off a number of times.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Had some hope till i read matty johns lol blokes been way off a number of times.
getting a bit tired of Matty FFS, I think he like listening to his own laugh too often, same as the so called immortal, laughing at his own jokes, these two blokes seem to be in ones face no matter what show there is on TV.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
getting a bit tired of Matty FFS, I think he like listening to his own laugh too often, same as the so called immortal, laughing at his own jokes, these two blokes seem to be in ones face no matter what show there is on TV.
What do you expect from a couple of bogans from Newcastle?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
seriously who would you all prefer, beale or folau????? we all know what folau can do thats why hed be the perfect fullback for us but we havnt seen beale play league but he is a freak in union and makes me wonder what he can offer in league. either one i will be happy with but would be crazy to get em both some how. yes i know that sounds bullshit but the nel could allow extra money spent on players to come from other codes.
Kinda like asking if you prefer unicorns or leprechauns. Both would be great, highly unlikely to see either in League or the Bulldogs.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There were a number of photos with Israel Folau, Issac Moses (his manager) and Todd Greenberg at some cafe near Allianz Stadium in the paper just the other day.
Oh cool must have missed it

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahahaha imagine if the Bulldogs snared both of them :lol:

Where would you play them though?

There were a number of photos with Israel Folau, Issac Moses (his manager) and Todd Greenberg at some cafe near Allianz Stadium in the paper just the other day.
I would slot izzy at fb and beale at 9 with licha coming off the bench a

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They will both stay with the 'Tahs.
I agree 100%. Why would they want to leave a high profile Rugby rep side that is a big chance of taking out the Super XV comp.

Besides either of these blokes would demand so much dosh they would kill any club's salary cap.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kinda like asking if you prefer unicorns or leprechauns. Both would be great, highly unlikely to see either in League or the Bulldogs.
No I'd choose a unicorn without thinking. However Beale and folau takes thinking coz there both freaks and either one will be the perfect signing

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No I'd choose a unicorn without thinking. However Beale and folau takes thinking coz there both freaks and either one will be the perfect signing
I'd choose a leprechaun so I can roll him for his pot of gold lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hahahaha imagine if the Bulldogs snared both of them :lol:

Where would you play them though?

Beale at five eight and folau at fullback. I know I know that leaves out Reynolds but maybe him and lichaa can share 9 I dunno

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Beale at five eight and folau at fullback. I know I know that leaves out Reynolds but maybe him and lichaa can share 9 I dunno
What is this crap? WTF so suddenly we are going to spend $2M++ pa of our cap on the 2 most highly prized union players in Australia and they are both coming to the Bulldogs. Geez Im glad you bogans are not running our club. You have no idea of balancing the books do you. As another poster says they are fishing to increase their price. Just like Fifita fished union to increase his price and get us to offer overs. Phew that was a close one we dodged.

My prediction... Both will stay in union in australia another year but not both necessarily with the Tahs. Next year they will max their marketability internationally through the RU World Cup. Then maybe in 2016 Folau will go to french rugby for the massive coin. The guy is as big a mercenary as SBW FFS. Hes gone from League to AFL to Union...he goes to the code with the fattest chequebook so WTF would he now, at the height of his footballing career, decide to play for someone for less than hes worth. Hello??!! Rugby League cannot afford Folau. He is worth at least $1.2m pa. Folau has already proven himself in league and doesnt need to do it again. French Rugby for Folau in 2016

Beale is another story. After RU World Cup, I wouldnt be surprised he wanted to test himself in the NRL. Most clubs would scramble for his signature. Des was merely introducing himself to his manager and family to put the Bulldogs front and centre in his support teams mind, but realistically Beale has bigger fish to fry for the next year and a bit. 2016 a possibility though.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What is this crap? WTF so suddenly we are going to spend $2M++ pa of our cap on the 2 most highly prized union players in Australia and they are both coming to the Bulldogs. Geez Im glad you bogans are not running our club. You have no idea of balancing the books do you. As another poster says they are fishing to increase their price. Just like Fifita fished union to increase his price and get us to offer overs. Phew that was a close one we dodged.

My prediction... Both will stay in union in australia another year but not both necessarily with the Tahs. Next year they will max their marketability internationally through the RU World Cup. Then maybe in 2016 Folau will go to french rugby for the massive coin. The guy is as big a mercenary as SBW FFS. Hes gone from League to AFL to Union...he goes to the code with the fattest chequebook so WTF would he now, at the height of his footballing career, decide to play for someone for less than hes worth. Hello??!! Rugby League cannot afford Folau. He is worth at least $1.2m pa. Folau has already proven himself in league and doesnt need to do it again. French Rugby for Folau in 2016

Beale is another story. After RU World Cup, I wouldnt be surprised he wanted to test himself in the NRL. Most clubs would scramble for his signature. Des was merely introducing himself to his manager and family to put the Bulldogs front and centre in his support teams mind, but realistically Beale has bigger fish to fry for the next year and a bit. 2016 a possibility though.
Why not we deserve it plus we are a club who can fund them outside the cap if needed and use the marquee thing most effectively, pretty much guarantee the NRL even better crowds with more stars which is more revenue for the NRL.

Our club is a gold mine in terms of revenue and fans that the NRL aren't doing anything to unearth what they are looking for, it's up to the NRL now if they want to make our a club a mega house and make mega money.

Mr Greenberg sure knows it and looks like he is trying to tap into it, it's about time someone with a real business brain started pulling the right strings things not some media bigot.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As if we can afford both of them!!
Getting both Folau and Beale would be like winning the lotto twice in a row!!
I see them both staying in union for the world cup.
Its all media speculation!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Apparently Beale is coming to the NRL just saw it on the news any truth to this ???

Status
Not open for further replies.