[2014] Beale, Folau To Switch Codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...d-kurtley-beale-chased-by-rugby-league-clubs/

The wagons are circling with a couple of high profile rugby union players linked to rugby league.
Dual international Israel Folau was snapped having a coffee with Todd Greenberg on Wednesday. Make of that what you will.But the big mail is Izzy's Waratahs teammate Kurtley Beale is close to agreeing to a switch of codes and a move to the Bulldogs."I'll tell you why he'll end up at the Bulldogs is because the Bulldogs were all set to sign Darius Boyd," said Matty Johns, on The Grill Team. A"There was talk of him leaving Newcastle and they went and said to the Bulldogs 'are you chasing Darius Boyd?' and they said 'no, we've got no interest'. [Fullback] is a position they need to shore up"Them not going after Darius Boyd tells me they're super confident they've got Kurtley Beale."

Meanwhile, Matty Johns has told the Grill Team, Israel Folau is also being chased in France."My mail is Toulon, the French champions and European champions, are on the brink of offering Israel a deal worth about $2.5 million dollars a year," said Matty."This is a team who's expenditure last year was $50 million on players."

evo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would love to see Beale in the Blue and White followed his career since his schoolboy days for Joeys. Even as a teenager was a step ahead of everyone else on the field under a coach like Des would be a magician in League with the bigger gap in the defence and two less defenders on the field.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Izzy better start dusting up on his French mon amie, 2.5 million per year can buy you a lot of french maidens.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised if any of them come over before the rugby union world cup which is coming up.

Maybe the year after.

Would be great if we can get them back into the NRL though.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I gotta feeeeling!!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
French rugby pays ridiculous overs for players. If he wants the cash, he will go there.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
More Matty Johns scoops, he is never right - NEVER!

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, if johns said it then he is staying with the tahs or elsewhere
Beside, why would he take a NRL offer as he can earn massive coin in rugby elsewhere?
If we get him it will be scary cause we would have to offer a pretty big part of our cap to accomodate.
I supose at the end of the day we would be better off having Beale than Fifita.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, if johns said it then he is staying with the tahs or elsewhere
Beside, why would he take a NRL offer as he can earn massive coin in rugby elsewhere?
If we get him it will be scary cause we would have to offer a pretty big part of our cap to accomodate.
I supose at the end of the day we would be better off having Beale than Fifita.
Yeah I think this is now dead, once Johns opens his mouth it's not going to happen. Basing his justification on the dogs saying they have no interest in Boyd is like the dogs not having signed Lichaa because they have not announced it. If the dogs have no interest in Boyd, it may simply mean that Des doesn't think he fits with his plans for the future. Or maybe it is like a team announcing a squad and positions on a Tuesday, with no intention of them playing in those positions on the weekend. What team would do something like that anyway?

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've always thought Johns' mail was pretty spot on. He was right about all the Barba business last year.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I gotta feeeeling!!
I've seen you make a few calls regarding things over the years. Any comment on this one? Think it's going to happen?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
How come no one ever gets photos of these supposed public meetings?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They will both stay with the 'Tahs.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
On what planet does Folau leave Rugby right now? next year is World Cup, and if he says at current form he has some huge marketing and sponsorship dollars headed his way on a much bigger scale than League could offer him. Not to mention the dollars clubs would play to have him there.

Beale is possible (but not likely), Folau? Hayne leaving for the NFL is more likely.

Toddy used to push other clubs to pay overs for players when he was at the Dogs, guess he now does the same, but to other codes instead :p

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
On what planet does Folau leave Rugby right now? next year is World Cup, and if he says at current form he has some huge marketing and sponsorship dollars headed his way on a much bigger scale than League could offer him. Not to mention the dollars clubs would play to have him there.

Beale is possible (but not likely), Folau? Hayne leaving for the NFL is more likely.

Toddy used to push other clubs to pay overs for players when he was at the Dogs, guess he now does the same, but to other codes instead :p
No NFL team would even look at Hayne.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
seriously who would you all prefer, beale or folau????? we all know what folau can do thats why hed be the perfect fullback for us but we havnt seen beale play league but he is a freak in union and makes me wonder what he can offer in league. either one i will be happy with but would be crazy to get em both some how. yes i know that sounds bullshit but the nel could allow extra money spent on players to come from other codes.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Beale is a freak at league. When he was in high school he always played and carved up. He has always loved it and followed it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
At this stage, I'd take either/or tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.