2013 Membership Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spewing that para are just ahead of us in the membership stakes....lowlifes.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
how many members were there last season. if those numbers cannot be reached and bettered this season on the back of the team winning the minor premiership and making the grand final, the club needs to take a serious look at its membership packages and the pricing structure.

for mine they took it for granted that success during last season gave them the feeling they could put up the membership prices and change the packages around and fans would still sign up.
the old saying...... dont change whats working

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how many members were there last season. if those numbers cannot be reached and bettered this season on the back of the team winning the minor premiership and making the grand final, the club needs to take a serious look at its membership packages and the pricing structure.

for mine they took it for granted that success during last season gave them the feeling they could put up the membership prices and change the packages around and fans would still sign up.
i agree... they should of left it less confusing

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Initially I was spewing about the increase in membership prices. I was a cat 2 member who has had an increase of $120 per seat for no improvement whatsoever. However if you check out the prices that other teams charge their members, we are light years ahead and cheaper. Especially if you make the comparision to other teams that also share ANZ Stadium such as the rabbitohs.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Initially I was spewing about the increase in membership prices. I was a cat 2 member who has had an increase of $120 per seat for no improvement whatsoever. However if you check out the prices that other teams charge their members, we are light years ahead and cheaper. Especially if you make the comparision to other teams that also share ANZ Stadium such as the rabbitohs.
Interesting point.

I have only been a mere GA member for a few years (5), and @ $99, it's hard to find better for a full season ticketed membership.

I can't speak for those who, for example, were in Cat 2 who now find themselves in Cat 1 though, and for those who have been with the Club a long time, I can appreciate their frustrations.

But, what is the answer? As the Club tries to grow, it needs to think big, but, on the other hand, they shouldn't forget those who stuck with the Club through Super League, 2002 etc....

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

9th of Feb 2013 we had 11,498

9th of Feb 2012 we had 9,229

9th of Feb 2011 we had 9,346

That's a 2k+ increase on the previous couple of years.

jimmyjames

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well I loved the cat 2 family seats I had but no way was I going to pay $840 up from $520 or so the year before. I was only able to make 6 or so games a year so they priced me out of it.

I understand the business side of the club trying capitalise on last years success, I just think they went a bit far with that move.

Have taken a 3 game kennel membership - will see what it's like, not sure if the kids will be too little for the ahem 'enthusiastic' atmosphere. We'll see.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

This is in today's paper

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the Club seem to be doing very little to get out there and market memberships, besides emails/SMS?

Where is the big bus, the fan days in the city etc etc?? Even a recorded phone call from a player (I remember getting those from Bobcat in earlier years).

We should be asking how can Parramatta, last year's wooden spooners be outdoing us? What are they doing so much better??

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I find it very surprising how little they are doing. All I can really see is that they changed the actual member categories and that's about it.

Todd said one of his main focuses was how to get more members and how to retain current members.... I just don't understand his strategy. Sure member numbers are a bit up on last year, but they should be WAY up after making a GF.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the Club seem to be doing very little to get out there and market memberships, besides emails/SMS?

Where is the big bus, the fan days in the city etc etc?? Even a recorded phone call from a player (I remember getting those from Bobcat in earlier years).

We should be asking how can Parramatta, last year's wooden spooners be outdoing us? What are they doing so much better??
I think we have just scraped in front of the Parrascum , looking at those figures =P .....

Pretty piss poor numbers coming out of Manly and Penriff.... you could probably add the Tigers to that
list, they have 2 merged clubs and 3 home grounds...if they tripple dipped , ala the Drag-queens
double dipping with Wollongong and Oki Choki , with 3 game memberships, they should be
killing it....

From memory they cheated the battle of the west last year by having a one game membership
for their round 1 game at Leichardt last year .....

Overall... it has been a disappointing membership campaign by the NRL and even our club...
only the Sharks , Wabbits and Scum are better than last year.....

Dunny Bill has really increased membership at the Rorters.... NOT!!!!!!

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Guys they just opened up a bulldogs merchandise shop at hurstville (hurstville being the heart of dragons territory). 3 cheers for killing the fagons!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
gotta admit i am somewhat disappointed in the numbers but then again i'm not surprised either considering some of the prices that were listed and a lack of marketing will have contributed

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Were only 1k behind last years total, i think we may reach 15k if we have a big first few weeks

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were only 1k behind last years total, i think we may reach 15k if we have a big first few weeks
I think we will hit 15k, but I just expected a bit more. Clubs have been growing at well over 10% per year. Add in the momentum of last year's Minor Premiership and I've have hoped for pushing 30% increase. I doubt that's going to happen now.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we will hit 15k, but I just expected a bit more. Clubs have been growing at well over 10% per year. Add in the momentum of last year's Minor Premiership and I've have hoped for pushing 30% increase. I doubt that's going to happen now.
Its disappointing when you consider that we had nearly 90% of the GF crowd at
last years GF , which would have been well over 70K .. One off grand final tickets
can be more expensive than a (10 + 2) game season pass.

Support the team all year, and wear your colours through out the season, don't
just jump on the Doggies band wagon and buy a few flags when they are about to
play in the big one......

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
the main reason for the drop in numbers is the new draw with 18 out of first 20 games on either thursday or friday basically cuts out families straight away, if i hadn't already renewed my membership before the release of the draw i would 100% not have bothered

Status
Not open for further replies.