News 20 stars for 2022 Paul Alamoti

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldog Paul Alamoti is an emerging footballer that everyone’s got their eye on at Belmore.

Alamoti, who turns 18 in January, is one of the best strike centres coming through the junior representative grades. He recently agreed to terms with the Bulldogs until the end of 2023.

Although not yet a household name, the former Milperra Colt announced himself during the opening round of 2021 in what was his first SG Ball Cup appearance, while still being eligible to play in Harold Matthews Cup.

As the Bulldogs trailed by two points with less than 20 minutes remaining, Alamoti took hold of the result himself scoring two tries and a penalty goal in the 67th minute, securing a 24-16 victory for his side.

In Alamoti’s six SG Ball matches he scored five tries and set up four, made five line-breaks, had four line-break assists and threw seven offloads, all while averaging 104 run metres and six tackles busts per game.

Unsurprisingly, his performance in that period earned Alamoti a debut appearance in the Jersey Flegg Cup – the NSWRL’s U21s competition – at just 17 years of age.

Moving forward to 2022, this future star has been fast-tracked into Canterbury-Bankstown’s top-30 squad with new football manager Phil Gould wasting no time in September to promote Alamoti into the NRL fold as soon as he is eligible.

Along with many new recruits joining Trent Barrett’s Bulldogs this coming year and the next, the signature of local product Alamoti is another step towards a new era that is building at Belmore.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope the kid starts come Rd 1
Him and Naden on one side Burns and JAC on the other

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly haven't seen him play. But if he's a big lad for his age group that might be partly the reason he's going well. It can be a huge step up from lower grades to open age groups let alone the NRL. A lot of players get found out along the way. Wakeham was the next big thing, Morgan was another next big thing, Toomaga was, Ogden was. Point is that a lot of youngsters struggle with the transition into the NRL. Let's not pile pressure on Alomati until he has time to find his feet.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly haven't seen him play. But if he's a big lad for his age group that might be partly the reason he's going well. It can be a huge step up from lower grades to open age groups let alone the NRL. A lot of players get found out along the way. Wakeham was the next big thing, Morgan was another next big thing, Toomaga was, Ogden was. Point is that a lot of youngsters struggle with the transition into the NRL. Let's not pile pressure on Alomati until he has time to find his feet.
He wasn't that big relative to opposition s but he played with incredible aggression with n without the ball. To me similar to kotoni staggs , Jessie ramien.
Hope he gets some height rather than width.

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s actually not that big
Very strong and built low to the ground
I don’t think people’s confidence in his future is misplaced, has dominated at every level he has played
Killed it in SG (U/19) while still eligible to play u/17
That’s not about being ‘the big kid’

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Be surprised if he doesn't get a run later on in the season.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair comments,I’ve only seen bits and pieces of him in lower grades,and looked very good ,but the standard of opposition wasn’t that great,just to give people an idea of what he looks like,imagine Matt utai add about 5inches in height and plays a lot like him..

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He dosen't dominate just with his size.

Paul has a fantastic skill set.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wasn't that big relative to opposition s but he played with incredible aggression with n without the ball. To me similar to kotoni staggs , Jessie ramien.
Hope he gets some height rather than width.
I hope he's actually one that goes on to exceed expectations. But plenty of them can hit their ceiling.

He’s actually not that big
Very strong and built low to the ground
I don’t think people’s confidence in his future is misplaced, has dominated at every level he has played
Killed it in SG (U/19) while still eligible to play u/17
That’s not about being ‘the big kid’
I just tend to lean towards holding low expectations. In the end I see more people on here get angry when youngsters don't meet the hype built around them in the lower grades.

Fair comments,I’ve only seen bits and pieces of him in lower grades,and looked very good ,but the standard of opposition wasn’t that great,just to give people an idea of what he looks like,imagine Matt utai add about 5inches in height and plays a lot like him..
With any luck he'll become as highly regarded as Utai.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he's actually one that goes on to exceed expectations. But plenty of them can hit their ceiling.

I just tend to lean towards holding low expectations. In the end I see more people on here get angry when youngsters don't meet the hype built around them in the lower grades.

With any luck he'll become as highly regarded as Utai.
Has a MUCH higher ceiling than Matt Utai.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exciting prospect, let’s hope he uses it all for the right reasons!! and smashes it for the blue and white this year and beyond.