News 20 stars for 2022 Paul Alamoti

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had a shocking start but that's understandable in your first game in the top grade, even in a trial.. He got better and calmed down as the game went on.

Some of his carries were good and his footwork was evident. I was surprised he got run down so quickly by Clune though. Thought Alamoti had a bit more pace..

Defense is what he needs to improve the most. All in all it was a good first taste for him and I'm sure he'll learn a lot from it.
Dufty actually said Clune is deceptively quick in post match. Alo doesn't look very fast though, but that's why we have JAC, Dufty etc. His strength is his power and skill. We didn't get to see much of the latter, but he's got some good ball playing ability.

Let me reiterate, he ran the most metres of any Bulldog! That's impressive for a rook. 150m to be clear. To come in and do that, while everyone else makes less metres, is pretty exciting. He didn't play the full 80 either.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dufty actually said Clune is deceptively quick in post match. Alo doesn't look very fast though, but that's why we have JAC, Dufty etc. His strength is his power and skill. We didn't get to see much of the latter, but he's got some good ball playing ability.

Let me reiterate, he ran the most metres of any Bulldog! That's impressive for a rook. 150m to be clear. To come in and do that, while everyone else makes less metres, is pretty exciting. He didn't play the full 80 either.
Dude half of those metres were from the drop ball that he picked up, and he should have ran all the way. It was one of the worst debuts ive ever seen, everything he did, he did bad.
In saying that he needs a few more years in the lower grades before he will be ready. If he tears it up there this year then who knows. He isnt ready thats for sure

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He was just lacking the fitness at first grade level. I’m sure hel be the back up centre for this year. Hel get more opportunities to run at defenders one on one and turn them into his bitch

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude half of those metres were from the drop ball that he picked up, and he should have ran all the way. It was one of the worst debuts ive ever seen, everything he did, he did bad.
In saying that he needs a few more years in the lower grades before he will be ready. If he tears it up there this year then who knows. He isnt ready thats for sure
Worst debuts? Were we watching the same game?!

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Worst debuts? Were we watching the same game?!
Woeful Missed tackle causing a try, an unforced knock on coming out of our 20 , bad defensive reads several times, couldn’t out run the half back and didn’t seem to try, and got smashed by opposing centre. Worst of all, lost his head after the early mistake.
What excited you about him?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Woeful Missed tackle causing a try, an unforced knock on coming out of our 20 , bad defensive reads several times, couldn’t out run the half back and didn’t seem to try, and got smashed by opposing centre. Worst of all, lost his head after the early mistake.
What excited you about him?
honestly the quality of posts on here. He is 18 and only just turned 18, still eligible for SG Ball let alone Flegg. He marked up against a quality centre and had a rookie winger outside him in his first grade debut.
Yes he made some errors, he would have been as nervous as fuck, when he settled into the game i thought he had some nices touches.
What grade were you playing at 18? or playing at all, give the kid a break, your post is ridiculous

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope the recent bulldog curse doesn't come down on him. We have managed to screw up potential great players into never to be seen again flops. Luckly we seem to have a better team for him to develop with this year so maybe he will be able to reach his potential.

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
honestly the quality of posts on here. He is 18 and only just turned 18, still eligible for SG Ball let alone Flegg. He marked up against a quality centre and had a rookie winger outside him in his first grade debut.
Yes he made some errors, he would have been as nervous as fuck, when he settled into the game i thought he had some nices touches.
What grade were you playing at 18? or playing at all, give the kid a break, your post is ridiculous
Bottom Age SG too - could play it again next year!
Couldn’t agree with you more
Ridiculous criticism

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bottom Age SG too - could play it again next year!
Couldn’t agree with you more
Ridiculous criticism
alot of uneducated people on here diatribe, by the way is your name after the horse? whats the link

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't be bothered replying to that absurd comment but you summed it up, so I'll just agree.

Ok so I will add some more comments. He's a kid and held his own and like you said, played inside a guy he probably has never played with. From training pics/info, he was training inside Ok on the right side. Why he and Schoupp swapped sides was curious. All the highlights of Alamoti I saw were him playing right centre, and Schoupp has played left side since he made his debut. He got better once he got into the game and was a strong ball runner and made some good tackles. Sure he made some errors at the start, what a surprise, it was a kid making a step up 3 grades ffs!

Dunno what Gusler expects from a friggin debut? Has to score a double and beat 6 players doing it? Seriously. I said he made the most metres out of any Bulldog. Sure that break added a lot, so what? That's what stats are. All runs/metres are accounted for. It's like saying Max King wasn't our best forward even though he made the most fantasy points.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bro, I was referring to his debut, not his talent or potential. I think he’ll be a gun, but Grow up !

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Considering it was a trial game but with plenty of experinced Fgraders playing, I thought after a nervous start he stayed commited to the task and had a go. Many of the highlights I have seen of him coming thru shows he uses his strentgh to break takles and make breaks, he will get more confident as he goes. The bloke is 18 and a bloody good prospect.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s just 18. He was 17 last year and played no footy. He was 16 the year before and barely played.