15000 Members Standing Proud in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Unless I missed something in this thread most comments are harmless and obvious jibes and a few (me included) were quick to point that out to the OP so he didn't feel bad. Let's not get too serious, we are spose to be Aussies and that's what we do.

I-don't-know

Waterboy
Reaction score
Champion post. I guarantee you they will have to work their arses off to con this many people into membership next year after we crash and burn out of the 8 this season coming.
We'll probably still make the 8 and that'll be argument enough to keep des in his throne.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
what is the lowest record for bulldogs membership in a year?

I-don't-know

Waterboy
Reaction score
Nup. I've previously posted an in depth look at last years results, team improvements/losses and outlined why we are rusted on for 9th or 10th. Des will quit before year end so that he and his sheep can contijue to say he has never missed a finals series because if he's here until September, that record is goooone.
Good point

I-don't-know

Waterboy
Reaction score
Look at some of the teams who missed out last year...Warriors, Roosters, Eels, Rabbits. I think three of those are very good chance to make the 8, RTS wont miss the whole season again, Forans contract will be confirmed, Shaun Johnson and Issac Luke along with the first two make up arguably the best spine in the NRL. As much as people don't like it, Parramatta will be very strong next year and the Roosters were just about the form team of the comp at the end of the year and have an excellent roster. I think the Panthers and Raiders will be stronger. I cant see the Cows, Broncos, Storm or Sharks missing the 8...can you? I expect the Titans to improve. They wont go another year with no halfbacks and have Hayne for a full offseason. Thats 10 already!

Against all that, look at our recruitment and style of play. The boardrom rubbish will definitely be an issue and when we inevitably lose a few, the knives will be out for Hasler and Rae rae. Blood will flow.
You have no glimmer of hope that things might change?

Tbh I don't either, just the smug way hasler drove in and out of that board meeting like he was going in a drive thru maccas for a happy meal shows he hasnt got an ounce of remorse . In fact it would've fed his ego to think the board stood by him while scolding a living legend of the club.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Look at some of the teams who missed out last year...Warriors, Roosters, Eels, Rabbits. I think three of those are very good chance to make the 8, RTS wont miss the whole season again, Forans contract will be confirmed, Shaun Johnson and Issac Luke along with the first two make up arguably the best spine in the NRL. As much as people don't like it, Parramatta will be very strong next year and the Roosters were just about the form team of the comp at the end of the year and have an excellent roster. I think the Panthers and Raiders will be stronger. I cant see the Cows, Broncos, Storm or Sharks missing the 8...can you? I expect the Titans to improve. They wont go another year with no halfbacks and have Hayne for a full offseason. Thats 10 already!

Against all that, look at our recruitment and style of play. The boardrom rubbish will definitely be an issue and when we inevitably lose a few, the knives will be out for Hasler and Rae rae. Blood will flow.

so basically time to slash the wrist is right about now.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still waiting for the rockstar fullback.. actually Id just be happy with a first grade standard fullback and halfback

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still waiting for the rockstar fullback.. actually Id just be happy with a first grade standard fullback and halfback
If I was hasler, I'd move our halfback to fullback and our five eight to halfback.. so that would no 1, tolman and no 7 Graham, what do you guys think?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I find the responses in this thread to be fairly indicative of why I am close again to walking away from the kennel. The OP expressed his pride in the club. Last time I checked that was not offensive to everyone. If people find it hard to stomach someone that is supportive of the Bulldogs, maybe they will be happier if they're not having around a supporters forum.

The ill feeling at the running of this club shouldn't make people feel they have the right to make personal attacks based on their differing opinions. Maybe I'm in the minority in thinking that treating others with respect is a thing the kennel should not see as an option but a rule.

I don't want to be the fun police but I've copped abuse I felt was unwarranted in recent times and for the most part now I tend to look at logging into the kennel as a long term habit rather than something I expect to find enjoyable. The naysayers are going to be posting the same thing in every thread anyway.

Thanks for posting this info Dean_Aus. I hope that captain tourettes doesn't discourage you from expressing your pride in the club. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Don't be sorry to have offended anyone. There is an active group here lately who are looking to jump down the throat of anyone who says anything positive about the club. The sad thing is that they're just going to show our the same crap they've used in numerous other threads already. They're not actually making any constructive points anymore, just trying to cram their opinion down your throat.
Well said!! I totally agree. Way too many people on here just want to badmouth the club at every single opportunity, and even resort to abusing others that try to be a little more positive of the current situation.
Our club is not perfect, and perhaps our coach and administrators need to have a long hard look at themselves, but to insinuate that people within the club e.g hasler are doing everything in their power to destroy the club is just absolute nonsense!!!
To be honest im pretty sick and tired of the negativity of people on this forum. This is a "SUPPORTERS" forum, and if you cant support the club, perhaps you should shutup or pissoff!!

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, another 'im a better supporter than you' comment. Round and round it goes.
Sorry to say it mate, but if everyone who has an issue with the club/hasler/raerae/our style of play at the moment left there would be 6 of you left here singing Kumbaya and playing with your crystals whilst eating tofu. Its you lot that are the ones not on the right page!
I didnt see anything in that post suggesting that flame or anyone else is a better supporter. He and Alan are right, the negativity on here lately is ridiculous, and to use your argument against you, if people have the right to whinge about the club, they have the right to whinge about the whingers.

I'm not particularly happy about whats happening at the club but you dont see me sooking about it every chance I get. I come from the old school thought of if you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all. Seeing the same comments spewed in multiple threads by the same people is tiresome, and borderline childish.

You are then trying to label anyone who still has some pride in the club as some sort of hippy and telling them they are wrong to feel that way.

A

Alexander the Great

How can I close the thread? Sorry I upset everyone [emoji17]
Where you the rat that was feeding back info to castle on the night of the members forum ?
Then proceeding to tell everyone its a strictly confidential meeting but you halfwit ***** had it open streaming for the world to see.

Shove your members count's and refugee program's up your arse and focus your time on signing a fullback.

Yours truly Dr.Nasheed

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didnt see anything in that post suggesting that flame or anyone else is a better supporter. He and Alan are right, the negativity on here lately is ridiculous, and to use your argument against you, if people have the right to whinge about the club, they have the right to whinge about the whingers.

I'm not particularly happy about whats happening at the club but you dont see me sooking about it every chance I get. I come from the old school thought of if you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all. Seeing the same comments spewed in multiple threads by the same people is tiresome, and borderline childish.

You are then trying to label anyone who still has some pride in the club as some sort of hippy and telling them they are wrong to feel that way.

The majority of people who are identifying the issues are not band wagoners , these are life long passionate fans who are genuinely concerned about the clubs future.
Some people live n breathe football , its their religion.
These are the same people , myself included who have sacrificed attending family functions and responsibilities risking marital break downs just so they can watch and support their team.
Its natural to want answers and identify issues when things are changing for the worse .

For example the mind boggling swap of a charismatic , highly functioning captain for a shithouse rookie . The bizarre 5 year plan
The forum is like a lifeline to some , a place where we can discuss our problems regarding what went wrong and celebrate the joys of our team playing well.
We send good wishes to team members for birthdays , child births etc.
Its not just a one faceted emotion of happy happy joy joy because as humans we are a complex mix of many emotions which only caring for someone or something evokes.

If I don't care about something or someone I just ignore it or listen and say nothing , much like the ol 'if you haven't got something nice to say , say nothing at all because at the end of the day that something or someone means very little to me .

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok ive been a member and attended every home game for 5 yrs. Flown to brisbane, melbourne, driven to canberra in all these years have bleed blue n white, always have since the age of 4 always will. But will not be renewing this year cannot bring myself to do so. Sure my other posts in this thread have been pretty blunt but never intended to offend any other poster of the kennel. These posts are just me venting my frustration to many mistakes i can see the club has made over the past 2 years. Im not going to stop following the bulldogs for one second, will watch the majority from home and yes will still attend some games. But me not renewing is what i see to be the best way to show the club my discontent with the way things are being handled. As ive said all of this place many times the last straw for me was frank being pushed out of the club for us to pay half his salary last yr and now for him to return and join parra ffs. Those attentive enough know the reason behind frank leaving and this highlights along with ennis the club captain being forced to move on how backwards our club has gone. So to tie all this back to the thread (not having a go at anyone who disagrees all those who have become members good 4 them i hope u enjoy the yr) but for those as frustrated as me please join and do not renew or sign up. As we have been told so many times over the past few yrs how good the clubs figures are off the field lets bring these numbers down and show yes we do stand proud but cannot see the club doing so.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The majority of people who are identifying the issues are not band wagoners , these are life long passionate fans who are genuinely concerned about the clubs future.
Some people live n breathe football , its their religion.
These are the same people , myself included who have sacrificed attending family functions and responsibilities risking marital break downs just so they can watch and support their team.
Its natural to want answers and identify issues when things are changing for the worse .

For example the mind boggling swap of a charismatic , highly functioning captain for a shithouse rookie . The bizarre 5 year plan
The forum is like a lifeline to some , a place where we can discuss our problems regarding what went wrong and celebrate the joys of our team playing well.
We send good wishes to team members for birthdays , child births etc.
Its not just a one faceted emotion of happy happy joy joy because as humans we are a complex mix of many emotions which only caring for someone or something evokes.

If I don't care about something or someone I just ignore it or listen and say nothing , much like the ol 'if you haven't got something nice to say , say nothing at all because at the end of the day that something or someone means very little to me .
Once again, no one has stated anything about someone not being a real supporter or a better supported than others, so not sure what that rant is about. As for risking marital break downs to watch a sporting team.... I wont comment on that.

Whinging and carrying on excessively on a forum is not wanting answers. Identifying issues is one thing, but to harp on and on and on and on is another thing entirely. To attack someone who doesnt share your opinion is not on.

This forum suffers from a severe lack of respect between users. No one seems to have manners anymore.

Ignoring something because you dont care is completely different to not saying anything unless its something nice. For example, I couldnt give 2 shits about Justin Bieber so I dont say anything, dont think about it etc. I am not happy with whats going on with our club at the moment, and it pains me inside, but me carrying on like a lunatic isn't going to help anything.

People have every right to voice an opinion, no one is denying that, its the constant same diatribe over and over and over from the same users in multiple threads and the personal attacks that need to stop. Do you honestly have a problem with this idea?

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again, no one has stated anything about someone not being a real supporter or a better supported than others, so not sure what that rant is about. As for risking marital break downs to watch a sporting team.... I wont comment on that.

Whinging and carrying on excessively on a forum is not wanting answers. Identifying issues is one thing, but to harp on and on and on and on is another thing entirely. To attack someone who doesnt share your opinion is not on.

This forum suffers from a severe lack of respect between users. No one seems to have manners anymore.

Ignoring something because you dont care is completely different to not saying anything unless its something nice. For example, I couldnt give 2 shits about Justin Bieber so I dont say anything, dont think about it etc. I am not happy with whats going on with our club at the moment, and it pains me inside, but me carrying on like a lunatic isn't going to help anything.

People have every right to voice an opinion, no one is denying that, its the constant same diatribe over and over and over from the same users in multiple threads and the personal attacks that need to stop. Do you honestly have a problem with this idea?
Pretty sure there was one personal attack in this thread, a few ppl even those who agree with the one whom was ranting have said it was out of line other than that i cant see 2 much wrong with it.

I dnt have an issue with what u r saying. 100% agree but dnt need 2 b told the same thing 5 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.