Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd look at college football in the US.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd look at college football in the US.
You could get a decent athlete for that price. But I'd guess it's take a couple of years to get them up to speed on defence, tactics and rules. In the meantime, there'd be 29 players in the squad better versed in all these things feeling a bit pissed off if someone with NFI was earning a million dollars.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it
1 player = $1m
OR
10 players @ $100k = $1m
OR
3 players @ $333k = $1m

Always a Bulldog

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stupid idea but I expect nothing less from the NRLol.

Put this back into junior pathways and instead of 16 blokes who have no idea on the game you could develop hundreds who would put them to shame. Much better for the game

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stupid idea but I expect nothing less from the NRLol.

Put this back into junior pathways and instead of 16 blokes who have no idea on the game you could develop hundreds who would put them to shame. Much better for the game
This, sounds like nothing More than a PR stunt

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Idea being floated to have $1million outside the cap to sign a player from other sports.
Who would you sign?

Gus shoots it down but have a listen from 4 minutes in to his sledge at our wingers :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

https://fb.watch/k9qkzG9pTZ/?mibextid=NnVzG8
Yes I'd suggest Casey in particular NOT drop a dead set sitter try this week. Recruitment Guy Gus is watching.

Why does our team seem to be the consistently worst team for dropping sitter passes with a break having been made and fail to make the most of it! ...or does it just seem like that bc its our team :grinning:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't imagine a club signing a union player who would be better than any of the highest paid players in the game. Maybe sign a young forward from South Africa or an outside back.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don't need high profile Rugby signings. They rarely work anyway. We get plenty of ex Rugby schoolboys in league who end up being rep players so no need to change what's clearly working so well. Let Rugby waste big money on splashy signings and put the money into grassroots and development.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You could get a decent athlete for that price. But I'd guess it's take a couple of years to get them up to speed on defence, tactics and rules. In the meantime, there'd be 29 players in the squad better versed in all these things feeling a bit pissed off if someone with NFI was earning a million dollars.
Yeh divisive to say the least and an absolutely shithouse idea, 200% with Gus on this.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here.
So I said this 6 years ago and the NRL have only just caught up:
B51684A8-3C92-4E33-9158-67B61AE85C3A.jpeg

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a lot of you guys underestimate the talent of some Rugby players. Some of their talent would go really well in Rugby League. Look at Damian McKenzie from NZ for example. He has the skillset to be a fullback for an NRL club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
And again two years ago;

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think a lot of you guys underestimate the talent of some Rugby players. Some of their talent would go really well in Rugby League. Look at Damian McKenzie from NZ for example. He has the skillset to be a fullback for an NRL club.
Yeah dawg it’s basic maths.
90% of the rugby playing pool is Union. The game is bigger than league and is virtually the same game.
So just magically all the talent is in league? Please.

You could raid world union and have a team better than the Melbourne storm in two years.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can we get usain bolt to play wing,
Just kick and let him chase.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we sign Alisha Lehmann and just have her on the sideline instead of our cheergirls?