• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

“Strong rumours” Cameron Smith has signed with Gold Coast Titans for 2021 NRL season

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will be cutting Grants brake lines or spiking his drinks or something.
Brandon Smith might be lending Harry Grant his used blender or food processor to make some 'protein' shakes.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grub
But anyway, it’s prob all a rort... don’t sign a contract until the last minute, so instead of a $1m contract, it can be only for 6 months and only cost $500,000 on the cap, with the rest probably already being paid to him via some other means as he currently is not an NRL player
Remember, this flog was up to his eyeballs in the storm cap shitfight
All makes sense as to why the decision has taken so long. Stay off contract looking at retirement and no rules apply. Probably had something to do with that property purchase late last year in the GC Hinterland.

Radio Raheem

Previously btrainben
Reaction score
Meninga keeps denying they're trying to sign him, which you can take with a grain of salt. But Brisbane have admitted their interest if he's available, especially with McCullough leaving..

Either way, I feel sorry for a kid like Turpin who'd be thinking all offseason I'm finally going to get my chance to be the full time hooker.. Only for 38 year old Cam to come in last minute and dash his dreams, sending him to Q Cup..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All makes sense as to why the decision has taken so long. Stay off contract looking at retirement and no rules apply. Probably had something to do with that property purchase late last year in the GC Hinterland.
Guaranteed a pay day which benefits the club that signs him. I guess he would still be able to garner third party agreements as well.

Cam if anything knows how to play the game to his advantage. Really I just wish he would ride off into the sunset and not be selfish. With the "two contracts" he garnered at the Storm and his rich paydays surely he has made enough money out of the game to allow a younger bloke to get a go.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Guaranteed a pay day which benefits the club that signs him. I guess he would still be able to garner third party agreements as well.

Cam if anything knows how to play the game to his advantage. Really I just wish he would ride off into the sunset and not be selfish. With the "two contracts" he garnered at the Storm and his rich paydays surely he has made enough money out of the game to allow a younger bloke to get a go.
He got halfsies with JT in that Testimonial game too. I think @GTOWN def onto something with that theory :grinning:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Regular
Reaction score
I don’t think the Broncos or Titans could afford him. I think it’s the end of the road for Smith, Who will go down in NRL history as one of the most influential,successful and durable players ever.
He was also a grub and easily the best and most successful cheat the game has ever seen. So would probably be a very successful politician.