“Strong rumours” Cameron Smith has signed with Gold Coast Titans for 2021 NRL season

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You sure it wasn't the Nepal Donkeys

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So I guess this wasn't so strong after all as he hasn't been named in any side.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The word that I have heard is that the Titan have ~$600k available in their Cap. They have offered CSmith the $600k, plus some TPA's, which, based on say $1m per season, would mean he plays for them from around April onwards. They have also offered an assistant coaching role for 3 years starting from the 2022 season. This corresponds with the final year of Holbrook's current contract which ends in 2024, with CSmith to takeover as head coach from 2025.

Go Dogs

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has signed with the Bombay bombers..
Nah, word on the street he is organizing his own team in Qld called the "Brisbane Brown Paper Baggers" and will be the captain, coach and referee...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The word that I have heard is that the Titan have ~$600k available in their Cap. They have offered CSmith the $600k, plus some TPA's, which, based on say $1m per season, would mean he plays for them from around April onwards. They have also offered an assistant coaching role for 3 years starting from the 2022 season. This corresponds with the final year of Holbrook's current contract which ends in 2024, with CSmith to takeover as head coach from 2025.

Go Dogs
That makes sense. Gives him a few weeks off to recharge, and give it one final season.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Looks like your word wasn't the bird.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Brandon Smith negotiations with clubs would likely accelerate now.
Yeah, likely between Storm and Tits.
With Grant injured he has a chance to stamp himself in the 9 in the short term but you’d almost have to say Grant has a mortgage on the Purple 9 when he’s fit. I reckon Tits have more cap room too because C. Smith was unsigned at the Storm so it’s not like they suddenly have a huge amount of cap space, whereas Tits were possibly trying to lure C. Smith there for one year and now that that’s not happening...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, likely between Storm and Tits.
With Grant injured he has a chance to stamp himself in the 9 in the short term but you’d almost have to say Grant has a mortgage on the Purple 9 when he’s fit. I reckon Tits have more cap room too because C. Smith was unsigned at the Storm so it’s not like they suddenly have a huge amount of cap space, whereas Tits were possibly trying to lure C. Smith there for one year and now that that’s not happening...
Yep be interesting to see how it pans out, very keen to see how Brandon responds over the next month while Grant is out with games against Rabbits, Eels, Panthers and Broncos everyone should get a good gauge over the first 3 games

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Retirement just announced!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yep be interesting to see how it pans out, very keen to see how Brandon responds over the next month while Grant is out with games against Rabbits, Eels, Panthers and Broncos everyone should get a good gauge over the first 3 games
I still think he’s a backrower so I’ll be watching his games at 9 with interest...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like your word wasn't the bird.
The word was that it was an offer, plainly he didn't take up the playing offer. Interested to see what happens with the assistant coaching offer.

Go Dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I still think he’s a backrower so I’ll be watching his games at 9 with interest...
Agree the way the game has changed he can still play like a hooker and chime in and out if he wishes. Harry Grant is so good that he could float as a half and still dictate terms at first or second receiver and trouble defences. Here's hoping we have our budget gem in Deitz and we don't need the cheese.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That was long enough to be the first chapter of his second book "The Storm Without CS9" ... right decision to retire.
Think he’s still on his first book tour, isn’t he? :-).