News “IT WAS AN EASY CHOICE”: KIRAZ OPENS UP ON BULLDOGS’ SURPRISING CAPTAINCY CHANGE

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo has made headlines with a major change to his side’s leadership ranks in 2024.

The former Penrith assistant dumped Matt Burton and Reed Mahoney as co-captains in favour of Panthers’ Premiership hero and now Bulldogs recruit Stephen Crichton.

Despite only making 99 appearances in his young career, Crichton has one of the most impressive resumes in the NRL and is widely renowned as one of the league’s best clutch players.

Although the decision caught many off guard, people within the Bulldogs' inner sanctum, including winger Jacob Kiraz were quick to defend the decision.

“It was an easy choice, I’ve gotten along with ‘Critta’ pretty good ever since he came to the club,” Kiraz told SEN 1170 The Run Home.

“No one really knows how much of a pest he is in the changerooms but that’s just the way he is, but honestly his first week he came early and we had an army camp, the way he showed leadership skills and I’m sure it’s not easy coming into a new team but the way he showed he’s a natural leader.

“Obviously his resume speaks for itself.”

At 23-year-old Crichton already has three wins from four Grand Final showings, a World Cup Final appearance for Samoa and two Dally M Centre of the Year awards to go along with an 86 per cent win record at club level.

“(For) all the boys, it wasn't a shock for us honestly when he got the captaincy,” Kiraz added.

“He leads by it, even with his actions on the field and the way his been training have been amazing.

“I can’t wait to play for him.”

Kiraz is set to line up alongside Crichton for the first time in an official NRL game next Saturday afternoon when the Bulldogs face cross-town rivals the Parramatta Eels.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo has made headlines with a major change to his side’s leadership ranks in 2024.

The former Penrith assistant dumped Matt Burton and Reed Mahoney as co-captains in favour of Panthers’ Premiership hero and now Bulldogs recruit Stephen Crichton.

Despite only making 99 appearances in his young career, Crichton has one of the most impressive resumes in the NRL and is widely renowned as one of the league’s best clutch players.

Although the decision caught many off guard, people within the Bulldogs' inner sanctum, including winger Jacob Kiraz were quick to defend the decision.

“It was an easy choice, I’ve gotten along with ‘Critta’ pretty good ever since he came to the club,” Kiraz told SEN 1170 The Run Home.

“No one really knows how much of a pest he is in the changerooms but that’s just the way he is, but honestly his first week he came early and we had an army camp, the way he showed leadership skills and I’m sure it’s not easy coming into a new team but the way he showed he’s a natural leader.

“Obviously his resume speaks for itself.”

At 23-year-old Crichton already has three wins from four Grand Final showings, a World Cup Final appearance for Samoa and two Dally M Centre of the Year awards to go along with an 86 per cent win record at club level.

“(For) all the boys, it wasn't a shock for us honestly when he got the captaincy,” Kiraz added.

“He leads by it, even with his actions on the field and the way his been training have been amazing.

“I can’t wait to play for him.”

Kiraz is set to line up alongside Crichton for the first time in an official NRL game next Saturday afternoon when the Bulldogs face cross-town rivals the Parramatta Eels.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mods please delete as there were issues on upload and came out twice
As I edited title thread to lower case.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mods please delete as there were issues on upload and came out twice
As I edited title thread to lower case.
Can't you post in the already existing Critta threads matey? Would facilitate much easier navigation of thread lists on TK by reducing the amount of thread pages we have to wade through. Cheers.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really dont get why people care so much about new articles being posted. Personally, I don't want everything relating to any 1 player posted in 1 thread. If this was the caseni wouldn't see most articles posted as I can't bearded reading 500 pages of posts. If you don't want to read the article, don't fucking read it. Pretty simple. Even better, don't waste your time commenting on it. Seems to me that people just want to put the boot into @djdeep4172 for the fun of it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm only suggesting that very similar articles on various issues be grouped together: not up to 6 or so threads created where one could be sufficient.

It's just a suggestion to appease all those asking for thread creation privileges be taken off djdeep bc of the pages and pages of similar threads.

No problem with him posting articles or anyone having their say, either way, complimentary, or fed up with amount of threads :grinning:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm only suggesting that very similar articles on various issues be grouped together: not up to 6 or so threads created where one could be sufficient.

It's just a suggestion to appease all those asking for thread creation privileges be taken off djdeep bc of the pages and pages of similar threads.

No problem with him posting articles or anyone having their say, either way, complimentary, or fed up with amount of threads :grinning:
The problem I've found, wendog, is that after the first couple of pages, older threads degenerate into personal abuse and off topic comments.
I don't bother going there when I see that the thread has more than ten pages of comments.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't you post in the already existing Critta threads matey? Would facilitate much easier navigation of thread lists on TK by reducing the amount of thread pages we have to wade through. Cheers.
Do you struggle to scroll down half a page? Mega threads are absolute garbage and I never read them

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really dont get why people care so much about new articles being posted. Personally, I don't want everything relating to any 1 player posted in 1 thread. If this was the caseni wouldn't see most articles posted as I can't bearded reading 500 pages of posts. If you don't want to read the article, don't fucking read it. Pretty simple. Even better, don't waste your time commenting on it. Seems to me that people just want to put the boot into @djdeep4172 for the fun of it.
Yeah I agree, fresh thread so there's not tonnes of pages to scroll through. I prefer it this way unless there were multiple articles where the subject is the same then in that case add the article to that thread

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

It's just abit of banter from some people, djs not flooding nor spamming, if anything it's easier to navigate this way.

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
God i hate how petty the media are..."dumped". Hope Kiraz is right to play round one
This line:

"The former Penrith assistant dumped Matt Burton and Reed Mahoney as co-captains in favour of Panthers’ Premiership hero and now Bulldogs recruit Stephen Crichton."

"Dumped" and "Hero"

Trying to make it seem like some sort of mutiny or something. Fucking journos..

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
God i hate how petty the media are..."dumped". Hope Kiraz is right to play round one
Pathetic hey. Watching trials, we need a fit Kiraz to play as many games as possible. We def lacked hes creativity or more unpredictability with the ball. Offloads, hard carries. Also someone who can compete in the air

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You
Yeah I agree, fresh thread so there's not tonnes of pages to scroll through. I prefer it this way unless there were multiple articles where the subject is the same then in that case add the article to that thread
Use the What's New feature and it picks up on unread posts since you last looked in that thread.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This line:

"The former Penrith assistant dumped Matt Burton and Reed Mahoney as co-captains in favour of Panthers’ Premiership hero and now Bulldogs recruit Stephen Crichton."

"Dumped" and "Hero"

Trying to make it seem like some sort of mutiny or something. Fucking journos..
Did they make this much fuss over Storm changing captain from Welch (plus someone else?) to Grant? I think they did with Cows who went from JT (and Chad?) to Cotter and Dearden (was it?)

Just the media man. If there’s an angle to make a mountain out of a molehill, they’ll use it.

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did they make this much fuss over Storm changing captain from Welch (plus someone else?) to Grant? I think they did with Cows who went from JT (and Chad?) to Cotter and Dearden (was it?)

Just the media man. If there’s an angle to make a mountain out of a molehill, they’ll use it.
They love to hate us bro.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you struggle to scroll down half a page? Mega threads are absolute garbage and I never read them
Use the What's New feature and you don't need to scroll thru megathreads and you can just read whats new since you last looked.

Very little difference in scrolling thru pages and pages of very similar threads than scrolling thru threads with all the pertinent info about our team and players in the one dedicated thread.

The added benefit is important threads (like for instance)RU OK etc are not schuffled back into oblivion, pages and pages back in the thread list and lose prominence.

I'm not bothered, in the slightest personally....was just a suggestion put up before all the complaints reined down on @djdeep4172 (as per usual).

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Use the What's New feature and you don't need to scroll thru megathreads and you can just read whats new since you last looked.

Very little difference in scrolling thru pages and pages of very similar threads than scrolling thru threads with all the pertinent info about our team and players in the one dedicated thread.

The added benefit is important threads (like for instance)RU OK etc are not schuffled back into oblivion, pages and pages back in the thread list and lose prominence.

I'm not bothered, in the slightest personally....was just a suggestion put up before all the complaints reined down on @djdeep4172 (as per usual).
For me personally, I prefer news articles to get a new thread rather than posted elsewhere as it means I know something at least semi-significant is there to read. What's New is a good feature, but seeing 5 threads have new activity only to open them up to the same argument that has been going all month is a tedious waste of time.