News ‘You’ve been wrong that many times’: Gus’ wild TV clash with reporter over Tino pub claims

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with what you're saying, but there's no denying Gus can shit talk and spin it with the best.
As @ASSASSIN said, if Gus is telling porkies it’s only because it’s in the best interests of the club .. these media jerks are grubs who lie for their own benefit, back pocket, personal jealousies and hate.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Most of the tweeters have been getting up Buzz and (kinda :grinning: ) supporting Gus.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really if this is truly how Gus and Laundy are portraying it facts wise, Authur may have been totally misrepresented and taken out of context to such an extend by Buzz to suggest he was proposing something illegal or contrary to salary cap rules.

I hope he takes it further if he has been misquoted and made out to be a liar and potential sc cheat.
Which is why I said before that Buzz had to be careful if he was saying it was directly quoted by Laundy. All sorts of legal ramifications. This is much like a he said/she said scenario.....both sides having their say..Buzz that it did happen and Gus that it is a nonsense..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really don't give a rats if Gus is lying or not, he is protecting the club.

All the media does is lie and make shit up, why can't we?

I just can't figure out why the club and associates even talk to the scum ***** in the media.
If there is even a ounce of truth in it, you can bet it was a player manager who leaked it. They are as unscrupulous as the media

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Which is why I said before that Buzz had to be careful if he was saying it was directly quoted by Laundy. All sorts of legal ramifications. This is much like a he said/she said scenario.....both sides having their say..Buzz that it did happen and Gus that it is a nonsense..
Buzz got his interview on the Laundy idea but failed to tell Arthur he was tying it into the Tino story I presume.

Arthur's expanded on his vision for helping young players ( remember him having a go at the club about it a while back and said his offer was not taken up and he was disappointed)...seems thats a big part of the legacy he wants to leave at the Bulldogs.

And he wants us to get marque players (forwards) and probably expanded on what the club needs after Buzz set his trap.

Buzz manipulated what was said as he does and Gus is going off what Arthur told him but using his language to keep Bulldogs business private.

All caused by a dill making up and conflating outrage on a nothing issue...much like what happens on here with some posters :grinning:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Buzz got his interview on the Laundy idea but failed to tell Arthur he was tying it into the Tino story I presume.

Arthur's expanded on his vision for helping young players ( remember him having a go at the club about it a while back and said his offer was not taken up and he was disappointed)...seems thats a big part of the legacy he wants to leave at the Bulldogs.

And he wants us to get marque players (forwards) and probably expanded on what the club needs after Buzz set his trap.

Buzz manipulated what was said as he does and Gus is going off what Arthur told him but using his language to keep Bulldogs business private.

All caused by a dill making up and conflating outrage on a nothing issue...much like what happens on here with some posters :grinning:
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:. yeah it is amazing just what some come up with. They must enjoy that game...you know the one called Chinese whispers,
First player comes up with a message and whispers it to the ear of the second person , second player repeats the message to the third player, etc. When the last player is reached, they announce the message they just heard, to the entire group. Heaven's knows what he original line in this one was...

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Same crap, different day. There is no accountability for the nonsense Buzz writes about our club. It was terrible pre-Gus joining, and has been 100x worse since he has joined.

Here's a snapshot of The Daily Telecrap, just searching our club:
  • We were linked to May, that hasn't happened, club has denied it.
  • We were supposedly moving Kyle onto Manly, club denied it, it hasn't happened.
  • Linked to Haas, Tino. Both can't be acted upon until November 1, Gus has denied the reports. He does speak very highly of Haas, though.
  • Swipes at Hasler, a non-existent beef with Newcastle about 1 player going to Bali during the Bye round.
The less DT Gossip being shared on social media and this forum, the better.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 2.31.42 pm.pngScreenshot 2023-07-11 at 2.31.50 pm.pngScreenshot 2023-07-11 at 2.32.21 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 2.30.40 pm.png
Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 2.31.23 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 2.29.02 pm.png

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As @ASSASSIN said, if Gus is telling porkies it’s only because it’s in the best interests of the club .. these media jerks are grubs who lie for their own benefit, back pocket, personal jealousies and hate.
Spot on, and some journalists don’t care about throwing their mates under the bus - in what universe would Arthur Laundy and his family want to be framed in the negative light that Buzz portrayed?? Buzz is Fkn dilusional.

If I’m Arthur Laundy, I’m denying Buzz entry to any of my establishments for life.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Same crap, different day. There is no accountability for the nonsense Buzz writes about our club. It was terrible pre-Gus joining, and has been 100x worse since he has joined.

Here's a snapshot of The Daily Telecrap, just searching our club:
  • We were linked to May, that hasn't happened, club has denied it.
  • We were supposedly moving Kyle onto Manly, club denied it, it hasn't happened.
  • Linked to Haas, Tino. Both can't be acted upon until November 1, Gus has denied the reports. He does speak very highly of Haas, though.
  • Swipes at Hasler, a non-existent beef with Newcastle about 1 player going to Bali during the Bye round.
The less DT Gossip being shared on social media and this forum, the better.

View attachment 76204View attachment 76205View attachment 76206

View attachment 76202
View attachment 76203

View attachment 76200
It's just so wrong the influence Murdoch has had on the standards of journalism in this country with 70% ownership of all publishing media here. The others have to join him in the race to the bottom for clicks.
We will end up like Fox in US and the British tabloid media if it continues.

Any TV or paper/magazine that just offered quality insights and information by quality journos on rugby league would clean up.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Making a play for Tino in the media but finalising Haas lol

That's the games I'd play with the media. We should use the media's stupidity and scuminess to our advantage.
Gus better come up with someone, to put egg on Buzzard's face lol

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's just so wrong the influence Murdoch has had on the standards of journalism in this country with 70% ownership of all publishing media here. The others have to join him in the race to the bottom for clicks.
We will end up like Fox in US and the British tabloid media if it continues.

Any TV or paper/magazine that just offered quality insights and information by quality journos on rugby league would clean up.
It sometimes appears the standard of rugby league journalism these days is to delve into the footy forums and at times, troll fans to get some reaction or “inside scoop”

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Making a play for Tino in the media but finalising Haas lol

That's the games I'd play with the media. We should use the media's stupidity and scuminess to our advantage.
Pretty sure Gus is all over that already ..