News ‘You’ve been wrong that many times’: Gus’ wild TV clash with reporter over Tino pub claims

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would we waste an investment deal on Tino?
If we are going to pull this move, why don’t we target a Daily Cherry Evans?
Tino is good but a lifetime share should go to a genuine marquee

mandingo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Buzz and Gould are both major dickheads but it's obvious here who is telling the truth.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
After listening to him tonight on 360 it's clear Buzz has actually got one over Gus here we could be in trouble here and it's obvious we have already done this to get players
Your first mistake was believing buzz. He is just a gossip columnist. He gets feds so much rubbish that he prints and Gus is just one of many that he has it in for.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I can’t understand why Laundy, a billionaire with plenty of lawyers, would speak with a journalist in such detail about a potential signing.

I actually believe Gus needs to step down from his public commentary roles to run the Bulldogs properly.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- By uni you should know how to spell basic words.
- It’s still not libel and no-one can be ‘sooed’.
So since you attacked me two hours ago, Rothfield has come out tonight and said he’s prepared to take Gould to court over this.

Will you put your hand up and say you were wrong in dismissing the potential legal ramifications here?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So since you attacked me two hours ago, Rothfield has come out tonight and said he’s prepared to take Gould to court over this.

Will you put your hand up and say you were wrong in dismissing the potential legal ramifications here?
You’re very sensitive. ‘Attacked’?

You actually believe what Rothfield says?
You think he has credibility?
You also believe this matter will see the inside of a court room or result in any settlement being paid?
I say there’s zero chance of either.

But I’ll cut you a deal:
If either of the above happen then I’ll admit I was wrong. In the meantime I won’t be losing any sleep :-).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's enough for me to hold the faith lol
If and when he leaves then we can go back to hating him lol

We used to rip into him every chance we got on here back in the early 2000s when he was involved with the cocks.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If and when he leaves then we can go back to hating him lol

We used to rip into him every chance we got on here back in the early 2000s when he was involved with the cocks.
Times have changed lol.

We do what we have to do...but I must admit I've always liked Gus ...probably not him personally at times but his coaching brain and 88' is enough to get him over the line.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s been exposed’: Buzz’s stinging reply to Gus as ‘complete c**p’ claim called out

He’s been exposed’: Buzz’s stinging reply to Gus as ‘complete c**p’ claim called out

Speaking on 100% Footy on Monday night, Gould came out all guns blazing, slamming the report and also delivering a scathing attack on respected journalist Michael Chammas.

But Rothfield has now had his say and explained how the story came about on Fox League’s NRL 360 on Tuesday night.

“It was absolutely no attempt to destabilise Canterbury, Gus is doing a pretty good job of that himself, look at the premiership ladder,” Rothfield said.

“He’s on eight, nine hundred thousand a year. He might tell you they aren’t going backwards but last season they were in 12th, not in 15th.

“I worked on this all weekend… two Sydney clubs told me over the weekend they’d pulled out of the race for Tino because they couldn’t beat Canterbury.

“They were offering a million a year, and an investment opportunity and a money-back guarantee with the Bulldogs.

“I spoke to Tino’s manager, Simon Mammino who confirmed there was interest from the Bulldogs, there was a meeting that was going to take place.

“Next thing I have to confirm the pub side of the story… I also spoke to a couple of other agents to get a better understanding of how the Melbourne Storm investment with Betr works and how this could possibly work.

“My last job on Sunday was to ring Arthur Laundy himself, the boss of Laundy Hotels, a billionaire and major sponsor of the Bulldogs.

“We had a 10-minute conversation, he took me through it blow by blow how he was going to achieve this. How Canterbury were so low down on the ladder that they have got to pay overs to get players.”

Gould made a sweeping declaration he had “never spoken to Tino” and labelled Rothfield’s story “childish”

“He (Laundy) is in there trying to help them, Gus has blown up because his club has been exposed for an obvious attempt to rort the cap,” Rothfield said.

“He’s been exposed, he’s been caught out with it.

“... I thanked him [Laundy] and I said, ‘Mate this is a really good column for Monday’... but 10 minutes later he actually rang me back,” Rothfield revealed.

“He said, ‘Buzz can I actually change one of my quotes, I’m not comfortable saying that’. I then read him back every quote that was to appear in the column. So what Gus said, that this was a private conversation and not designed to go into the newspaper is complete crap.”

NRL360 host Braith Anasta also said: “He (Gould) made out like you tricked Arthur in to the article”.

Rothfield then made the huge claim he would happily sit down with Gould in a courtroom to settle whether or not the story was fabricated.

He also revealed the penalty the Bulldogs could have been facing if the NRL didn’t step in to block the mammoth contract offer.