News ‘Worst thing that happened’: Dogs’ Flanagan problem laid bare amid legend’s Burton fear

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
i hope this post is a gee up? but with speedy im not entirely sure :tearsofjoy:
He has a point, when looking at a player, espexially a half, they will do their homework and look at all the analysis on him and thigs said, google will link them to this site and they will read in horror.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All forwards/players must run at the weakest spots in defence, it is the coache's job to establish where that is and the halfback's job to direct the props especially into those spots, no matter how big or strong the props are they simply can't sustain barging into the opposition's forwards, they'll just keep on getting bashed...
There are times when you have to and that is when they are coming off their line !
I admire your commitment trying to explain the roll of a halfback in the team to people on this forum but believe me when I tell you you’re wasting your time.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m like 99% of people on here who thinks we know more but I’m that dumbfounded that I keep telling myself if we can all see a issue I’m pretty sure gus and ciraldo can also. Let’s just leave it with the pros and see what happens. I know for a fact he won’t be here beyond this year so if he is playing for a contract and playing the way he is then kiss his nrl career goodbye.
Playing the way he is he’ll be lucky to be picked up by an ESL side

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All forwards/players must run at the weakest spots in defence, it is the coache's job to establish where that is and the halfback's job to direct the props especially into those spots, no matter how big or strong the props are they simply can't sustain barging into the opposition's forwards, they'll just keep on getting bashed...
There are times when you have to and that is when they are coming off their line !
Funny you mentioned this as this was what we worked on tonight at training.

We had an opposed training session between div 1 and div 2. The div 1s would rush up every tackle stopping us getting a roll on.

Way We solved it is we pushed the FR a metre or 2 away from the DH moving the hit up away from the marker and getting the forwards to run a slight angled run away from the ruck.

If an U11 HB can learn, why can't the daddies boy?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well overall the Bulldogs are going to either be brave and don’t extend his contract after this year or weak and feel sorry for him and do a Trent Barrett and give another 12 months. He’s also like Anthony Milford who we all know is a halfback, but lucky to keep getting contracts. Clubs that don’t make tough decisions to win games get left behind. Come on Bulldogs and get rid of him and get someone who can add attack and more kicking to our team.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pearce of shit told them to get fucked 14 hours after Benji begged him lol
It wouldn’t surprise me if Benji does the runner from the basket case of a club well before his first day as impending head coach. Either way the current combination of Sheens as top dog and Benji as his side-kick won’t see out the 2 years lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

We had an opposed training session between div 1 and div 2. The div 1s would rush up every tackle stopping us getting a roll on.

Way We solved it is we pushed the FR a metre or 2 away from the DH moving the hit up away from the marker and getting the forwards to run a slight angled run away from the ruck.

Because the opposing team’s coaching staff would spot it, radio the trainer who would be on the field before the next play the ball (maybe a couple) and tell the captain.

Always a Bulldog

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Playing the way he is he’ll be lucky to be picked up by an ESL side
Best part is we don’t care. He is gone at the end of the year. If not I’m pausing my ‘supporter status’ until he is gone

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Have you considered that DADDY might have forgoten to teach his BOY that trick :tearsofjoy:
Or maybe he did but the BOY is a very very very slow learner :(
In any case the clean slate period must be over even if we win this week but he still struggles !!!
The team/club comes 1st !!!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It wouldn’t surprise me if Benji does the runner from the basket case of a club well before his first day as impending head coach. Either way the current combination of Sheens as top dog and Benji as his side-kick won’t see out the 2 years lol
Sheens didn’t even know benji had rung Pearce :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because the opposing team’s coaching staff would spot it, radio the trainer who would be on the field before the next play the ball (maybe a couple) and tell the captain.

Always a Bulldog
Relax, you don't need all that work against flamingo.

Plus you full missed the point of my post. The point is if an U11s HB can take directions and learn on the run, why can't this dickhead?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Relax, you don't need all that work against flamingo.

Plus you full missed the point of my post. The point is if an U11s HB can take directions and learn on the run, why can't this dickhead?
In order to follow directions one first has to be given those directions, you are assuming that he is not following certain directions that you (personally) think that he has been given. What we don’t know is what directions he has in fact actually been given. He may well be following the directions that he has been given perfectly to the letter and that why he is being picked each week. What coach would continue to pick a player every week who wasn’t following his directions, not Ciraldo I don’t believe.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In order to follow directions one first has to be given those directions, you are assuming that he is not following certain directions that you (personally) think that he has been given. What we don’t know is what directions he has in fact actually been given. He may well be following the directions that he has been given perfectly to the letter and that why he is being picked each week. What coach would continue to pick a player every week who wasn’t following his directions, not Ciraldo I don’t believe.

Always a Bulldog
You're casting further doubt on the coach if that's the case.

Whatever the case...it's not working...and hasn't for some considerable time TT.