News ‘Wildcard’ emerges for unwanted Shark – and it could spell trouble for exiled young gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It seems like Burton really impressed Johnson on the weekend. Could be a bit of a sweetener for him to come here.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes thats a worry but Johnson as big an injury risk as Reynolds? On a par and in extenuating circumstances, you take the risk? There's still a cheaper Sezer?

Flanno would have to move on and surely he'd want to. SL for both Flannos as a package.
Flanagan has years ahead of him, and will develop into a useful player. Johnson is in his final years, with an eye on a post-NRL future, so injuries will be more likely to see him off the field for longer periods, because he won't want to risk long term damage.

If we could get Johnson for the remainder of this season, I'd be happy.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t get it
Have we signed 15 players already for next year
No way having a go at you just doesn’t make sense
How is signing 1,2,3 or 4 have any bearing on signing 15 so to speak
I don't think its necessarily DWZ freeing up cap space for Johnson but more its freeing up space so it doesn't effect money we have allocated for other positions.

We could probably afford Johnson and keep DWZ if we had to but it will probably cost us being able to buy someone else in another position down the line.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think its necessarily DWZ freeing up cap space for Johnson but more its freeing up space so it doesn't effect money we have allocated for other positions.

We could probably afford Johnson and keep DWZ if we had to but it will probably cost us being able to buy someone else in another position down the line.
Good summation.

It doesn’t matter who we sign as a half or outside back unless we have money left for a decent hooker and some middle forwards

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s not freeing up cap space for next season. We only have what 15 players signed for next season? My guess is instead of one marquee signing for next season. The club realises they need 2 (SJ and Smith).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s not freeing up cap space for next season. We only have what 15 players signed for next season? My guess is instead of one marquee signing for next season. The club realises they need 2 (SJ and Smith).
Hope so... but hopes fading fast on Smith :grinning:

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bro, I see kids like him every day in JRL. He has been babbied by his dad all his whole life, been falsely propped up and made to feel he is better than he actually is. The first time daddy isn't there to kiss his boo-boo, he buckles like a little child.

His drug cheat dad may of thought he was helping but all he did was help set him up for a massive fall.
Brutal but 100% right,
Crying when getting interviewed show’s he doesn’t have the mental strength to take us to a premiership.
Just compare that to Mason’s mental toughness, he lost his dad at a young age and walked in and said I’m going to retire Bradly Clyde.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Brutal but 100% right,
Crying when getting interviewed show’s he doesn’t have the mental strength to take us to a premiership.
Just compare that to Mason’s mental toughness, he lost his dad at a young age and walked in and said I’m going to retire Bradly Clyde.
Brutal but sadly true. It doesn't help anyone, doesn't help the coaches son, doesn't help the team and it doesn't help the deserving kid that the dud took the place of.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t get it
Have we signed 15 players already for next year
No way having a go at you just doesn’t make sense
How is signing 1,2,3 or 4 have any bearing on signing 15 so to speak
I don't get it either.
But that's what the journalists are saying.

Also there must be a level desperation is the club is going to pay $400k for DWZ to play at the Warriors next season.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what ppl saying here, seems like not much diff from what being or will be offered to sj and what hynes repoterdly getting according to media.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what ppl saying here, seems like not much diff from what being or will be offered to sj and what hynes repoterdly getting according to media.
Sorry, i dont know what to conclude based on that. Whether sj is expensive at that price, or itd have been silly of the club if they didnt at least look at hynes.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, i dont know what to conclude based on that. Whether sj is expensive at that price, or itd have been silly of the club if they didnt at least look at hynes.
Johnson should be able to go from day 1 and bring experience. I think a Burton and Johnson combo will settle a lot more quickly than a Hynes and Burton combo. Although Hynes is 24 he’s still rather inexperienced for a half it would be a huge risk to go with two players that are essentially rookies in the halves.

Status
Not open for further replies.