News ‘Why is he in cotton wool?’ Myraid of Dogs’ issues laid bare as legend says coach deserves more heat

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you think it may have something to do with their coaching mindset? Webster probably went to the Warriors saw what he had to work with and coached accordingly. Whereas Ciraldo made the same mistake as Barrett, brought his magic "Penriff" clipboard with him and has tried to change the team accordingly. I will stress again "we are not penriff and never will be". CC needs to chuck his clipboard with the you-beaut pamfer defensive tactics in the bin and coach to who he has available...... the penriff model bought Barrett undone and is unravelling Ciraldo. He needs to wisen up before it's too late.
If that really is what he's done. If he's seen Barrett fuck it all up and become an absolute joke as an NRL coach to the point where he will never see a head coaching role again anywhere ever.

If he's come in and tried to recreate Barrett's philosophy then he's a dead set fucking idiot and even dumber than he looks.

If he's got absolutely no capacity to adapt to the playing group he has and work to the strengths and limitations of his players then he's a complete sack of crap and should be terminated with no pay out due to incompetence.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
the 'it will take 10+ years to fix this situation' gives the coaches and players an excuse ffs
If thats the case and we just need to develop players how about CC coaches the development squad....who will then be the team that produces results into the future, and let Potter take the reins of the NRL squad....who we agree can't compete at all.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been preaching the same brother … I believe this is the exact root of all our problems … trying to turn us into Penrith for the 2nd time (Penrithitis) … proof of the pudding was how they played after Barrett was axed … may not have been perfect but they were scoring points and playing good attacking footy and won some good games … CC should have just come in and improved on that …

Whatever structures CC’s selling, it’s not working, if he’s to stubborn to change and they continue to not buy in … he’ll be the next coach to fall and I’m not seeing any good replacements .. maybe JH if he’s willing and had the 1st grade clause put in …
Must agree. In fact I get bored watching the way Penruff play. Yes their D is good but I am put to sleep by their attack.
I'm not interested in trying to emulate them 1 Iota. I related to the way we played under Pay and even more so Potter. Will Gould take the whistle? He won't do it this year with only 3 games to go.
So we should start a book what Round next year we hear Gould grabs the whistle?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Must agree. In fact I get bored watching the way Penruff play. Yes their Defence is good but I am put to sleep by their attack.
Are you serious?? Being dismissive of the value of defence with premiership winning teams is fucking hilarious. It has nothing to do with Penrith, ALL premiership sides have the best D.

I don’t find great defence that bruise, frustrates and breaks other teams boring, I fucking love it. But then again whatever floats your boat, but I way prefer winning. Do remember what that was like? I do..

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL fox....anything that comes from that organization is biased trash. Gordon can eat a dick because his opinion means shit to me as a dogs fan

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you serious?? Being dismissive of the value of defence with premiership winning teams is fucking hilarious. It has nothing to do with Penrith, ALL premiership sides have the best D.

I don’t find great defence that bruise, frustrates and breaks other teams boring, I fucking love it. But then again whatever floats your boat, but I way prefer winning. Do remember what that was like? I do..
I didn't say Penriths D was boring. I find them overall a boring side. Their attack is so structured, it's boring. Yes their bruising D is impressive, but we've shown for a myriad of reasons we can't emulate their D. So instead of trying to be something we're not, let's become ourselves, play to our abilities.
Folkesey used to implement an up and in style. Waza was a highly compressed style. Both we were successful at. Both before the wrestle was thought about.
Not possible with our roster to play like Penrith. Looking forward to having our own style.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

IIRC, the last 10 premiers were either 1st or 2nd in defence.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If that really is what he's done. If he's seen Barrett fuck it all up and become an absolute joke as an NRL coach to the point where he will never see a head coaching role again anywhere ever.

If he's come in and tried to recreate Barrett's philosophy then he's a dead set fucking idiot and even dumber than he looks.

If he's got absolutely no capacity to adapt to the playing group he has and work to the strengths and limitations of his players then he's a complete sack of crap and should be terminated with no pay out due to incompetence.
That philosophy is more for attack though. Defence is a system

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tallis is a waste. Same could have been said about Walters last year. And he had a much better squad
I don't mind tallis.
He is extremely bias, as are all the Queensland commentators.

And good on them.
I just wish the likes of Anasta would follow suit.
Give bit of perspective from our side fie once.

Cc is not a dud coach in my opinion.
And I really hope he is ignoring all the rot the media and some fans are dishing up.

Our future sustained long term success relys on Cc staying focused on the long game.

Say no to future rebuilds.
Embrace the current rebuild and see it through.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well if they are scared then obviously they know they are not performing. How about putting in effort to keep your job instead of worrying about it...
I would guess that they know they haven't got the talent to stay or get an offer from another club, so just stand around on the field feeling sorry for themselves while they collect their salaries.

I feel for the players who are trying to save their careers, while the bludgers make them all look bad.