News ‘Why is he in cotton wool?’ Myraid of Dogs’ issues laid bare as legend says coach deserves more heat

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Webster has a dominant/experienced half in Johnson and a alpha front rower in fonua-blake...
A big plus, especially for a rookie coach.
We have neither...

We look totally clueless with no on field direction or leadership, which isn't helping Ciraldo...
Thats all true but 17 first graders should be able to tackle and not let 30+ points in on average per week. Our roster has been used as our shortcoming year after year and our current squad talent wise looks miles better than we have had in previous years, and yet we cant tackle.. This is not just a player problem.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I don't understand is nothing gets these players running hard and tackling with aggression and I mean nothing, getting flogged by the knight's previously you would think that would fire up our team but no we were just as shit on Sunday as the previous outing against the knight's, CC isn't in the team he isn't the one on the ground missing tackles or making dumb mistakes, yes he trains the team but as soon as the 17 run onto the ground game day it's all on them.
There is no accountability, just for once I would like CC to call out the whole teams failure during the presser and actually show some anger, even the tigers show more determination then our fairy floss players and I agree with some kennelers saying we deserve the spoon because we do we are absolute dog shit and something needs to change but guaranteed we will lose the next three games because the players are getting paid and to me that's all they care about, atm there are only a handful of players who deserve their spot in FG and the only player who I won't bag is Preston he's been our one shining light thank god.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
How about we stop linking news or 360 agenda articles? I mean yes we do have rothfields after birth on here that would still try but let's make it a News limited free kennel.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What I don't understand is nothing gets these players running hard and tackling with aggression and I mean nothing, getting flogged by the knight's previously you would think that would fire up our team but no we were just as shit on Sunday as the previous outing against the knight's, CC isn't in the team he isn't the one on the ground missing tackles or making dumb mistakes, yes he trains the team but as soon as the 17 run onto the ground game day it's all on them.
There is no accountability, just for once I would like CC to call out the whole teams failure during the presser and actually show some anger, even the tigers show more determination then our fairy floss players and I agree with some kennelers saying we deserve the spoon because we do we are absolute dog shit and something needs to change but guaranteed we will lose the next three games because the players are getting paid and to me that's all they care about, atm there are only a handful of players who deserve their spot in FG and the only player who I won't bag is Preston he's been our one shining light thank god.
What exactly would "calling out the whole team" at the post game press conference achieve? Public humiliation is hardly a good coaching tactic, just demoralises the players even more and reinforces any loser mentality. As if they weren't already demoralised enough by their efforts in the game. Piling on more just makes getting them ready for the next game even harder.

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Tallis is a waste. Same could have been said about Walters last year. And he had a much better squad
The Broncos tanked badly at the end of last year, but looked like finals contenders for the bulk of last season. Overall they improved considerably from the previous season and whatever the reason behind their slump last year, they have rectified it.

It makes absolutely no sense to compare the Broncos last season to our club which has gone backwards at a rate of knots and shows no promise of building anything meaningful in terms of the future. There's no excuse for this rubbish. Why do people keep defending it. A so called defensive coach has come here with a better roster than we had last year and our defence has somehow regressed bigtime.

This ain't ok, fam. Cameron Ciraldo is a disgrace to our colours.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What exactly would "calling out the whole team" at the post game press conference achieve? Public humiliation is hardly a good coaching tactic, just demoralises the players even more and reinforces any loser mentality. As if they weren't already demoralised enough by their efforts in the game. Piling on more just makes getting them ready for the next game even harder.

Always a Bulldog
You're right....putting an underperforming team on blast never achieved anything of merit. Just ask Craig Bellamy. Wrapping players in cotton wool is what got them to the top.

Something has to change, because the post game cuddles clearly are not working.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm usually one of the first to fire up about journos dragging the club's name through the mud....but after the dross our club has produced this season, journos saying negative things should be the least of our problems. The place needs a broom run through it, and the clean out needs to start with Gus and Ciraldo.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When Parker says that the Raiders wont win another game, and still stands by the statement knowing that the Raiders play us this weekend.... surely thats proof if he is thicker than a Rhino's arse.
Raiders are playing pretty shit but bro….maybe we are a shot? I’ve convinced myself early that we are a chance lol

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Give him at least 3 years.. can’t keep going through coach’s every year

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
How should it be handled then?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You're right....putting an underperforming team on blast never achieved anything of merit. Just ask Craig Bellamy. Wrapping players in cotton wool is what got them to the top.

Something has to change, because the post game cuddles clearly are not working.
How could Bellamy get it so wrong lol

But....did he start his career as Bellyache or was he a cuddler? :grinning:

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What you said is ok but a little hypocritical because you always call Buzz Drunk.
Buzz isn't on every episode and one doesn't have to like every person on a show to like a show. Buzz continually bags the Dogs, is a Sharks apologist but refuses to ever lay the boot into them, even their coach is having a bad year defensively with his team.
Buzz is also part of the forever anti Dogs brigade. So yeh I can't stand the ****. I used to love Graeme Hughes giving it to the drunk on his show too before Gra Gra was axed. Rothfield is employed to be sensationalist and digs all the dirt on the Dogs and amplifies it. We all know why. It's good copy.
I still like NRL 360.... and I love it when Anasta gives it to the drunk.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What you said is ok but a little hypocritical because you always call Buzz Drunk.
Buzz isn't on every episode and one doesn't have to like every person on a show to like a show. Buzz continually bags the Dogs, is a Sharks apologist but refuses to ever lay the boot into them, even their coach is having a bad year defensively with his team.
Buzz is also part of the forever anti Dogs brigade. So yeh I can't stand the guy. I used to love Graeme Hughes giving it to him on his show too before Gra Gra was axed. Rothfield is employed to be sensationalist and digs all the dirt on the Dogs and amplifies it. We all know why. It's good copy.
I still like NRL 360.... and I love it when Anasta gives it to him

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I understand that the club no longer does road runs like in the past. Remember the bike rides.
Apparently all the training is short sharp bursts. Maybe time to bring back the past.