News ‘What do they do?’: Bulldogs’ big Pangai headache as dropped star on ‘crazy money’ goes unwanted

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully, but i think he is one of them players that only can manage 2 or 3 tough games a year.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No way I would give up TPG. He just needs to work on the mental side of his game. Surely the Club have people who can support/help him with this?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If Ciraldo can't get the best out of TPJ then he's not the coach that people rave about all the time. TPJ's issues are not physical, he has the perfect game for an impact forward, together with all the skills, he just needs an attitude adjustment. That's what good coaches do and that's what Ciraldo absolutely has to do, get TPJ performing for 50 to 60 minutes regularly. He's not an 80 minute worker, he's an impact player, 2 stints of 25 to 30 minutes, blow the opposition off the park.

Our player & family welfare officer needs to work on Mrs TPJ in the offseason, do whatever is necessary to get her to Sydney permanently. House, nanny, nurse , bring the family, whatever it takes, just get it done.

Always a Bulldog

Malla

Reaction score
This is beyond Ciraldo.

The last thing Gus wants is for Ciraldo to be concerned about one player not buying in or to spend most of his time on him. Pangai is gone. He may get picked this week because he can't play NSW cup, if he is picked it will be his last game for the Dogs. Otherwise he has already played his last game for us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is beyond Ciraldo.

The last thing Gus wants is for Ciraldo to be concerned about one player not buying in or to spend most of his time on him. Pangai is gone. He may get picked this week because he can't play NSW cup, if he is picked it will be his last game for the Dogs. Otherwise he has already played his last game for us.
I think Gus has to take him under his wing.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Motherfuckers on here want to question his commitment still while he drops numbers like that..fuck we have shit fans
He ran for 218 metres to impress a potential new club, not because he suddenly became committed to the Bulldogs.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is beyond Ciraldo.

He has had 20-odd chances this year to impress, but apart from about two good games he has been garbage. He scores slightly higher than a lump of rock with a GCS of 4/15 (refer to the Glasgow Coma Scale = 1 for Ocular, 2 for Oral, 1 for Motor). A rock has a GCS of 3 out of 15 because it just sits there.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What they do is tell the fucker to pull his finger out and dominate.

Create a cult following. Alls he needs to do is run hard, off load, make his tackles with occasional big hit and don’t give away penalties. He does that and the fans will love him and all these articles will vanish.
He IS being targeted by the refs though. Every time he is near the ball they call his name out even if he isn't doing anything. Against Paramatta he was getting a facial & he was being called out.

Malla

Reaction score
He has had 20-odd chances this year to impress, but apart from about two good games, he has been a lump of rock with a GCS of 4/15 (refer to the Glasgow Coma Scale = 1 for Ocular, 2 for Oral, 1 for Motor).
Every day he shows up to training is a day to impress. He's cooked. He's gone. No chance he comes back next year so whoever is holding on to any hope referring to his stats in a meaningless reggies game (for him) needs to pack it up and forget it. He's gone.

@sifter6 I particularly liked the Glascow Coma Scale reference. Nice.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I doubt Gus has time for that either.

Teams that are challenging for a premiership don't waste their time on shit like this and we should be no different next year.
GUS would need a giant set of wings to take all the drop-kicks from our squad under his wings.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Motherfuckers on here want to question his commitment still while he drops numbers like that..fuck we have shit fans
I don't think fans ripping into our squad means we 'are poor quality fans'. What it means is 'we are sick of six years of dog crap performances from a bunch of overpaid pea-hearts'. Every person is loyal to the squad... but come-on, enough is enough. Anyone that saw club legends like Geoff Robinson play will acknowledge he was a pretty good footballer, not a superstar... but he played with a giant heart and with team spirit, something woefully lacking nowadays.

freQishDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Every day he shows up to training is a day to impress. He's cooked. He's gone. No chance he comes back next year so whoever is holding on to any hope referring to his stats in a meaningless reggies game (for him) needs to pack it up and forget it. He's gone.
Are you in the know? Is this a certainty?
Is it because of attitude and the energy he brings into camp?

Reaction score
He hasn’t ran over 100 metres since our round 15 win against a weak tigers pack, he has definitely been dropped because of form.
His run meters are lower because since that round 15 win over Tigers he's been given greatly reduced minutes (Avg. of 30 mins a game.) Against the Tigers he had 51 minutes.

TPJ Minutes played since the Tigers game:

Sharks: 22 minutes
Souths: 42 minutes
Titans: 31 minutes
Knights: 30 minutes
Eels: 32 minutes <-- his last game for us

Against the eels, the last game he played for us, when he ran to the line and put Max King into a hole it was as good as Cliffy Lyons at his best, no other forward in the dogs team is capable of what he did there. Josh Jackson has been trying to ball play for 4 seasons and has had 500 touches a game and hasn't had a single moment even close to this.

Go here and watch at 3:18

The player who produces this is dropped for form? This was the last game he played for us. What does Edwards for example offer that is an improvement on TPJ? In attack they are not even close to comparable. Defensively, these inexperienced guys don't know how to defend next to each other and make basic errors. See here at 2:57

They can't keep a straight line, Jackson races up, Edwards hangs back and a triangle forms. It's below NSW Cup standard. These guys who are keeping TPJ out made the Warriors look like a top 4 team. I think I just find it hard to believe that TPJ can't get a spot in a 17 that put out performances like this.

Last edited:

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pangai is best when he's charging the line and getting the odd offload away. Lately he's become offload mad and just ambles into the line to stay balanced and try to offload every time. Hopefully Ciraldo can simplify if for him so he plays with aggression and just lets the rest come naturally. A better on field captain might help him too - we should Hunt around for one now.
I see what you did there! Well done!

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have been in the know for 3 months.

Catch up
Well if that's the case I'd really love to know who the club are targeting to replace him. Because we were at least 1 powerful front rower short with Vaughan leaving, so now make that 2. Burton better get used to clearing kicks from his own 30.