News ‘What do they do?’: Bulldogs’ big Pangai headache as dropped star on ‘crazy money’ goes unwanted

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was in the media the reasons why he sacked by the Broncos, yet we signed him. People rubbing their hands with glee, expecting him to change.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was in the media the reasons why he sacked by the Broncos, yet we signed him. People rubbing their hands with glee, expecting him to change.
Surely we see how Pangai goes in 23 under Ciraldo before trying to moving him on.....seriously sick of this never ending speculation. If he can't succeeed under ciraldo, set him free. Get rid of thompson before Pangai

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he goes alright when on the field he's just not getting enough mins hopefully Ciraldo can turn him into a 60 min middle forward

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What did he do at the Broncos? Was it the covid breach and his mates barber shop opening? I don't remember why he he left the broncos?

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What did he do at the Broncos? Was it the covid breach and his mates barber shop opening? I don't remember why he he left the broncos?
From reports, he was one of the disruptive players at the club, along with Lodge & Isaako. All have been shown the door.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is indeed true and the club are trying to move him on, it does not bode well for future signings.

Players will be thinking if they start to underperform slightly the club will get rid of them.

That's not the sort of environment players thrive under.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah he’s a mt druitt gang leader fucker. Needs to take a hike, all his messages is just bulldogs hate.
Yeah he could be a Panthers fan, because we took all their players. :tearsofjoy: Good luck with Luke Garner being your 11 next year.

Reaction score
TPJ has been close to the dogs best player all year and our most damaging forward. I thought he must have been dropped for attitude at training/discipline/personal reasons... but form? No way. That's a laugh. We have reserve graders in the team who make terrible defensive decisions all game and offer nothing in attack but get a place.

A major reason we were winning games and scoring points was because of TPJ. The way he could slip offloads after attracting 4 defenders, throw a short ball at the line and his ability to dent the line was central to our attack.

I find it had to believe that he was dropped for "form".

Last edited:

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TPJ has been close to the dogs best player all year and our most damaging forward. I thought he must have been dropped for attitude at training/discipline/personal reasons... but form? No way. That's a laugh. We have reserve graders in the team who make terrible defensive decisions all game and offer nothing in attack but get a place.

A major reason we were winning games and scoring points was because of TPJ. The way he could slip offloads after attracting 4 defenders, throw a short ball at the line and his ability to dent the line was central to our attack.

Yeah he was the main reason we actually started using the ball and looked half decent, but he did go quiet before being dropped, we just really lack a play 1 prop who bends the line, then Pangai and Thompson on the back of that would look so much better, Vaughan did an ok job of it, but if there was anyway of getting Haas while keeping Pangai and Thompson would then be the pack we need

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

He hasn’t ran over 100 metres since our round 15 win against a weak tigers pack, he has definitely been dropped because of form.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pangai is best when he's charging the line and getting the odd offload away. Lately he's become offload mad and just ambles into the line to stay balanced and try to offload every time. Hopefully Ciraldo can simplify if for him so he plays with aggression and just lets the rest come naturally. A better on field captain might help him too - we should Hunt around for one now.