News ‘We have standards’: Bulldogs skipper shuts down criticism of club’s culture

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kinda funny don’t you think you never hear an African claim mental health. Or a Russian. Or a leb. Or a Ukrainian at war.
They just get on with it.
Mental health is one of those things the more you talk about the worse it gets.
Go to therapy and be reminded how sensitive u r and bad stuff ur screwed.
Depression is an invention of the western upper class. The Second you don’t believe in it is the second it goes away
Five lines in a post. Nine false claims. That is a 180% success rate of utter rubbish.

You can’t seriously believe any of this. I know I’m being trolled here. Surely.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Five lines in a post. Nine false claims. That is a 180% success rate of utter rubbish.

You can’t seriously believe any of this. I know I’m being trolled here. Surely.
Bra with all the probs I’ve had in life, that I’m still having, the stuff that kennel dont know about, I’d love if having to wrestle a teammate and being humiliated along with it is even on the list of issues I’d even come close to having to shortlist as having the luxury to even contemplate.
No sympathy. Fuck him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for being genuinely interested and curious about this. Here’s another spin on this topic for you to think about.

I have an 8 year old son who was diagnosed with autism and ADHD when he was 5. We knew something was up before that but it took a while to face facts.. as a parent you want to think your kids are perfectly ’normal’ of course.

Anyone who has these conditions, or knows someone (especially a kid) who has them, knows how full-on they are. I’ve seen my son be physically violent with his mum and his sister, both of whom he absolutely adores. We got a report from his school that said in year 1, out of roughly 150 students, he alone was responsible for 40% of all reportable behavioural incidents.

Since his diagnosis we have received NDIS support for behavioural therapy each week which, along with some medication, has done wonders. He will never be ‘cured’ of these conditions but he (and everyone around him) is learning how to exist in the world the best way he can.

The main point I want to make is my son is one of the physically healthiest people I know. He hardly ever gets sick and when he does he bounces back in a day or less. He eats a ton of healthy food (thanks mainly to his mum), he does a heap of after-school activities and he’s super curious about the world around him. In short, if you just looked at him from the outside you would never know the struggles happening on the inside.

How many people were in the same position 20 or 30 or 40 or 50 years ago but had to cop all the stigma and shame and ignorance with no help from therapy or medication or just awareness of the people around them? We should be thankful - I know I am - that mental health is finally being put on an even keel with physical health.
Great post. My young fella is 3 and we see child and family health regularly. His speech is perfect for his age amongst other things, but the way he plays with toys sometimes, memorises stuff and mannerisms when he gets excited, is leading them to believe he has autistic tendencies. Not sure when the next appointment is, but it's good to have support for stuff like this, even though like you said it can be hard to accept.
When I explained the situation to my mum, she's like oh that's nonsense you were the same and I'm light mum do you not just understand what you said.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great post. My young fella is 3 and we see child and family health regularly. His speech is perfect for his age amongst other things, but the way he plays with toys sometimes, memorises stuff and mannerisms when he gets excited, is leading them to believe he has autistic tendencies. Not sure when the next appointment is, but it's good to have support for stuff like this, even though like you said it can be hard to accept.
When I explained the situation to my mum, she's like oh that's nonsense you were the same and I'm light mum do you not just understand what you said.
Everyone is different and I’m not trying to diagnose from afar but one of the things my boy did was memorise and fixate on certain things around that age, he could recite about 50 dinosaur names (the scientific names) on sight. Pretty cool skill to have actually, and the thing that often gets forgotten is autism can produce some really positive outcomes alongside the challenges. My boy just got his Naplan results and was very low on reading and writing but shot the lights out on maths, there’s something he likes about how predictable and memorisable maths rules are, as opposed to figuring out the mess of English spelling and grammar.

You take the positives where you can get them! Good luck with your lad, you are doing all the right things to set him up right.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
U know who gets depressed?
Rock stars. Kids of actors. Middle class. Teenagers.
Suicide and death rates should I be same worldwide or tilted in shit countries favour right?
I’m not saying disregard someone suffering but they need to be taught to get their act together I think.
Peope who are truly struggling don’t have the luxury of depression.
So u didn't ask them. Did you ask Rock stars, actors kids, middle class and/or teenagers?

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll be the first and put my hand up and say I may of been possibly wrong about Ciraldo. I am starting to think it’s the weak players we have who are just not taking the process seriously. I feel CC is implementing things to make us a great force in the NRL and we have some bad eggs in the club. Same thing happened with Kevie Walters at Brisbane. We just gotta weather the storm.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll be the first and put my hand up and say I may of been possibly wrong about Ciraldo. I am starting to think it’s the weak players we have who are just not taking the process seriously. I feel CC is implementing things to make us a great force in the NRL and we have some bad eggs in the club. Same thing happened with Kevie Walters at Brisbane. We just gotta weather the storm.
well he may not be the complete villain but a real coach would inspire the whole unit. Just sayin.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Nasheed 1. Doggie 0
Guess if you just believe you win, you win. Bit like mental health eh?

Think Chambers just got a delivery of Henny and appears your fingers are itchy. Off you go :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Good to know you're on the job.

Short man syndrome? Is that my diagnosis from the expert? And from your words, appears you don't even need google - you just naturally trend. You're a very talented person from the sounds of it. We are all saved.

So - since its your responsibility to weed out all the bullshitters, when you get it wrong and cause someone to get worse or at the very worst commit suicide, I'm sure you will take full accountability for it and pay up for damages. Good on you - that'll save us taxpayers a bomb.
I made a comment about people faking mental health being a thing and you've slippery sloped all commentary then and since into 'it's your mission in life' mantra.

'since its your responsibility' lol stop grasping

When you live your life with a victim mentality you need a scapegoat.

What's your point anyway? That fake mental health doesn't exist? That it does exist but we should ignore it?

You purposefully misrepresenting and distorting my commentary does nothing but prove you need to move the argument so far away from the original statement to make a valid point.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everyone is different and I’m not trying to diagnose from afar but one of the things my boy did was memorise and fixate on certain things around that age, he could recite about 50 dinosaur names (the scientific names) on sight. Pretty cool skill to have actually, and the thing that often gets forgotten is autism can produce some really positive outcomes alongside the challenges. My boy just got his Naplan results and was very low on reading and writing but shot the lights out on maths, there’s something he likes about how predictable and memorisable maths rules are, as opposed to figuring out the mess of English spelling and grammar.

You take the positives where you can get them! Good luck with your lad, you are doing all the right things to set him up right.
Funny you should say that, my boy loves dinosaurs aswell and can name most of them. That's excellent for the young fella being great at maths, will benefit him greatly in the long run. Great to hear of more people supporting and acknowledging this stuff.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I made a comment about people faking mental health being a thing and you've slippery sloped all commentary then and since into 'it's your mission in life' mantra.

'since its your responsibility' lol stop grasping

When you live your life with a victim mentality you need a scapegoat.

What's your point anyway? That fake mental health doesn't exist? That it does exist but we should ignore it?

You purposefully misrepresenting and distorting my commentary does nothing but prove you need to move the argument so far away from the original statement to make a valid point.
Oh - so after abusing everyone you playing nice now. Don't tell me you felt victimised? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Fake mental health issues are probably a thing. But I'm not an expert and it doesn't affect me in any way shape or form. I'll eave that to professionals So if you start bringing this up on a thread about a footballer saying they have a mental health issue its a pretty natural flow to say you don't believe them. And unless I am badly mistaken, you're not a mental health professional. So you basically are pushing a completely uninformed opinion.

Otherwise why would you bring it up? To bring attention to an issue that you basically no fck all about? Nice.

Which for you is par for the course. So I take the piss out of you, 1) because you deserve it and 2) because its fun. And I don't need to be abusive to do it either.

So you understand the point now?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Guess if you just believe you win, you win. Bit like mental health eh?

Think Chambers just got a delivery of Henny and appears your fingers are itchy. Off you go :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Nice

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s a bit of an elephant in the room situation here that I’d like to address if that’s ok …

Forgive me if I come across a bit ancient or ignorant here, and trust me I’m just asking a legitimate question, I’m in no way trying to be insensitive so if I come across that way please feel free to rip in and let me know and I’ll delete the comment ….

Someone with knowledge on this please feel free to educate me …

Could someone please define for me these mental health type issues that seem to happen pretty regularly these days, how does someone go for years happily in an environment enjoying what they’re doing, to one situation leading to them to be suffering mental health issues …. I’m not saying they’re not legit, but you never really heard of this back in the day … are we saying that something so traumatic happened that the person had a break down mentally over the situation ?

What do they actually define mental health issues as?

I’ve had a lot to do with the police force over the years, and in association with that, paramedics, ambulance drivers etc …… I’ve seen some retire on stress leave just for the $$, I’ve seem others who’ve worked for years in these fields see one thing that triggers them off to the point they had no choice but to retire, but they’ve been very extreme situations ..

So I’m legitimately interested in what people with more experience in this field have to say about this so I can wrap my head around it with a better understanding, because honestly you just never really heard the words back in my day.
'67, I'm not expert in the field but what was previously classified as mental health issues back in the day (a select group of professionally diagnosed psychotic or PTSD cases) has been broadened to a wider range that includes even remotely affected mental issues such as ADHD, autism and even OCD.

As per the example you noted, some are just taking the piss. It's also now hard to differentiate between legitimate cases and otherwise. Probably also why you get a variety of reactions from people as they don't know what is legit or not.

That's my take on it anyway.