News ‘Seismic ramifications’: Barrett’s recruits looking for the exit as Dolphins swoop

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They make up stuff to fit their narrative. I suspect no one will leave, but some may be forced out of the club if they don't fit into the style the new coach wants.
Yep like 99% of their garbage is actual garbage . They are like new idea . Just lies and lies

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So......one player MAY go to Dolphins, but they would have to pay out his contract - unlikely if they've already spent their cap.

And on that speculation, the there is going to be a rush of Bulldogs eager to quit the club. We know that ten of them are not having their contracts renewed, and that was before Barrett quit. So, where is the story here?

I think we've heard something similar every year from the same experts.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if TPJ asked for a release. Not because the scum journos wrote it, but because Bennett himself has expressed interest in TPJ. I think he has more pull than Gus tbh.
We can use the cap space; but can the Dolphins afford to pay?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but Naden ain’t been impressive and tpj ain’t setting the world on fire if they want to go sook leave cause Barrett’s gone go for it.
As for burton he want to get paid so once we revise his deal he will be happy . As for Kikau and mahony they are not tripping over them
Selfs to play for a coach with a 5 wins from 30 games it’s Gus who sold them to the club

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Sorry but Naden ain’t been impressive and tpj ain’t setting the world on fire if they want to go sook leave cause Barrett’s gone go for it.
As for burton he want to get paid so once we revise his deal he will be happy . As for Kikau and mahony they are not tripping over them
Selfs to play for a coach with a 5 wins from 30 games it’s Gus who sold them to the club
TPJ is a middle. And he should be played there. I've watched every game and he is having a go, but he is in the wrong role. That will be the first thing that is changed I reckon. Suffer on the edges cause we ain't getting any quality ball there anyway.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol and these cahunts have the hide to suggest they don’t have an agenda???
I will be really interested to see how flange Jnr plays this week, if he comes out and plays the game of his career it will confirm two things for me, Dad has got the job and he was white anting Barret.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if TPJ asked for a release. Not because the scum journos wrote it, but because Bennett himself has expressed interest in TPJ. I think he has more pull than Gus tbh.
if thats the case, the dolphins can pay out the remaining 2.5 years of his contract, immediate release for him to do nothing for the next 6 months, we free up 700k and he can go and get penalised every week in redcliffe from next season. if he wants out, let him go. hes not that good, and replaceable. burton on the other hand...

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon we needs a thread called "media bullshit" and just post all their crap in there.
Great idea then the mods would only have to move at most one story over the whole year across to news because it actually happened.

Last edited:

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. NRL 360 commentates on 'player rumours' without the slightest hint of irony, knowing that they are often the source of player rumours.

2. If any player ever wants to leave, let them. This club should be for players who want to wear the blue and white. Part of being at a club is sticking by through the good times and bad. If they only want to join clubs that are enjoying good times, that's their character flaw.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs don’t want Ciraldo, feeling is mutual… we’re going for proven talent both on the field and at a coaching capacity - our taking a chance on a rookie rubbish is over, thank f###!

Interestingly on Braith’s comments last night on recruitment, I agree with him…why have we steered away from a proven formula? Signing “Bulldogs” type players… there’s specific players that fit that mould, that player who values doing those 1%s and extra reps at training, the never say die and play for 80 mins type. Leaders, Winners.

We should have made a play for guys like Finucane, he’s that Bulldog type, in fact, we made him. Him and JJ ripping it up doing 20 hit ups and 40 tackles each would have led the way, set the tone on the field, demanded those to follow them through their actions.

Anasta stated the club literally broke you on arrival to see what your made of…are you made of the tough stuff? Are you prepared to spew your guts out for your mates under adversity- that’s The Bulldogs way, tackle harder, run harder, play harder, start as strong as you finished - we’ll get there! In Gus we trust!!
Des moved away from that model by pampering and cuddling players and the ones who were strong enough to challenge things were quietly shipped away or moved on to greener pastures. His greatest success came from a team already assembled for him in 2012.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Que ball forgets to mention only Burton can elect to leave us. The rest are contracted with no clauses so they can let their value diminish with bad performances or actually get off their miserable sulking arses and play footy. As for Fox Sports, don't listen to a thing they say. It is all total hypothetical bullshit.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why a new team is preparing to cannabalise last year’s wooden spooners? Like how bad must the talent out there be. Which donkey approved this shit new team?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ is a middle. And he should be played there. I've watched every game and he is having a go, but he is in the wrong role. That will be the first thing that is changed I reckon. Suffer on the edges cause we ain't getting any quality ball there anyway.
I hope so too it does seem like a lot of players are outta position burton needs to roam and it will be interesting to see how Kyle Flanagan goes if he can play eyes up footy I know they try to change the game play but it’s just still stinks of haslers game plan 3 settlers and a 2 pass back rower on the 4th when we have a back line set jmk kills a lot of our momentum and kills the attack it’s like Jackson the new tolman.
It’s like is this coaches into them I’ve watched tolman and he ain’t nothing like when he played for us

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Legit this is the 6th time they have printed this drivel.

You can regurgitate it as much as you want but it won't make it true.
Hey Sassy, your last sentence sounds just like what my wife does.