News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well obviously the players led by the leadership group should have set the standards first day of pre-season and signed off in consultation with the HC, not after a losing team performance.
While I may have been guilty of it too, we need to be careful we react to what is the accepted facts. Those I believe are standards were set, the player did not meet that standard (was late) and was punished. Those, I believe, are the undisputed facts. How do we know that the senior players didn't set/agree to the standards at the beginning of the year. What is in question is not the standards but the punishment for not upholding those standards and how important upholding those standards is.

I find myself trying to imagine the leadership group around a table at Jobel's, arguing whether it was important for players to turn up to training on time.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Flamingo has clear defiecencies in his game but effort is not one of them. Like it or not he has that work effort that we need.
So why hasn't he been re-signed or even signed by daddy?

Each to their own but I see through the typical coaches son. Plenty of them in the JRL.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's clear that we are carrying players who aren't NRL standard. It's clear some want an easy ride and paycheck. Modern society is unfortunately full of useless parasites, softcocks and habitual whingers.

I'm reasonably confident that most, if not all, of our problematic players have now been identified and marked for culling. I'm not happy that our woes will continue, but am reasonably satisfied it is and will be dealt with.

All these useless articles need to be taken with a grain of salt. The entire media, operates on the formula of emotion, drama and controversy. Even if a story is entirely confected, or wildly exaggerated.

For now, I'm tired and glad our season ends in a few days. We need to take a break while the club makes some important decisions. We need to be united and not at each other's throats.

20230822_182755.jpg

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. Media are gutter but Kennellers are paying out on the player bad as well when all we have is the media bs on what the exact circumstances are.

Give the bloke a break guys.

View attachment 80657
Their target is the club as a whole, did you really think they care about the player/s...
The Drunkenfield and his Lies un-Ltd are only using him/them to rage their war against our club !!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a shitload of soft cocks and primadonnas on this kennel with this punishment subject, and maybe CC and Gus should take a different approach when it comes to players being punished for coming in late, by dishing out 5k fines

That would shut up every cuñt
I would be very surprised if this was a punishment for a first offence. I suspect that the player was a serial offender, and this was the last straw with Ciraldo.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what kills me and people all fail to see… I understand Ciro has to come out and defend the club and himself and now the players are the ones looking like the sooks but has anyone else thought wtf is going on with every other single player?
Besides Preston, wadell and maybe a couple others the rest of the playing group has declined dramatically! This can’t just be a player thing… it can’t be a lazy thing also cause the likes of kiks, jac, burton etc have all come from top ranking teams so why the decline?
People will say culture? Ok so what about the so called new recruits we are getting from winning cultures… they are pretty much from the same teams we got players from who have declined also. What’s to say they won’t decline next year. For me this is all smoke screen! Ciro has lost the dressing room and lost 90% of it. If he doesn’t some how change his tactics and rethink on how to get the best from his players then unfortunately he will be gone by end of next season mark my words!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
While I may have been guilty of it too, we need to be careful we react to what is the accepted facts. Those I believe are standards were set, the player did not meet that standard (was late) and was punished. Those, I believe, are the undisputed facts. How do we know that the senior players didn't set/agree to the standards at the beginning of the year. What is in question is not the standards but the punishment for not upholding those standards and how important upholding those standards is.

I find myself trying to imagine the leadership group around a table at Jobel's, arguing whether it was important for players to turn up to training on time.
Surely it goes without saying that the leadership group discusses these things and sets acceptable training standards and conduct off the field as well. If not...it should.

As regards punishment. If you transgress you suffer the fate as stipulated by the playing body. No one can argue against that. It's their personal bond with each other.

What has been lost here is most of you guys are believing word for word the circumstances of the situation as told to you by journos. Then believing some account by a bloody journo who hates the club recounting some imaginary anonymous player.

We need to realise a lot of fans are publicly condemning and naming players based on crap articles by gossip hounds who hate on the club and should just base it on what Gus and CC have confirmed at this stage. They've said its a sensitive matter. The player asked for time off a week later that seems right from CC. There could be other issues for all we know yet here is TK piling on the individual not knowing one iota of actual facts...thats all I am saying. Give the bloke a break. Theres more than this particular guy to be concerned about with how the team and coach are performing.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You know what kills me and people all fail to see… I understand Ciro has to come out and defend the club and himself and now the players are the ones looking like the sooks but has anyone else thought wtf is going on with every other single player?
Besides Preston, wadell and maybe a couple others the rest of the playing group has declined dramatically! This can’t just be a player thing… it can’t be a lazy thing also cause the likes of kiks, jac, burton etc have all come from top ranking teams so why the decline?
People will say culture? Ok so what about the so called new recruits we are getting from winning cultures… they are pretty much from the same teams we got players from who have declined also. What’s to say they won’t decline next year. For me this is all smoke screen! Ciro has lost the dressing room and lost 90% of it. If he doesn’t some how change his tactics and rethink on how to get the best from his players then unfortunately he will be gone by end of next season mark my words!
Players, like the kids they are, get away with what they are allowed to get away with.

CC came in with a soft, "friendly" approach, total opposite of what we need.

Wouldn't surprise me if Gus had enough and said grow some fucking balls or you're gone, hence he chasing JH.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't see this affecting Ciraldo this season. If things haven't improved by the end of next season (which should have been his first), maybe then the club will question his style.

There is obviously unrest within the team. We saw a great example with the photo from last week's game, where players were just standing around and not following a simple kick through. That tells me that they have declared themselves out of the squad. No wonder we are conceding 40+ points.

This weekend's game will be another roll over and surrender from the princesses who want to make their statement to the fans by failing to perform.

BTW, we have a female referee for our last game. Her role will be made easy by the failures who like to lie all over the tackled player, stand inside the ten, not mark square, and drop the ball on the first tackle.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People will say culture? Ok so what about the so called new recrusits we are getting from winning cultures… they are pretty much from the same teams we got players from who have declined also. What’s to say they won’t decline next year. For me this is all smoke screen! Ciro has lost the dressing room and lost 90% of it. If he doesn’t some how change his tactics and rethink on how to get the best from his players then unfortunately he will be gone by end of next season mark my words!
I've been saying this also. CC's press conference calling out standards has not changed anything about how we got to here really.

It's not just simply some soft cocks. Its an inherent problem with all parties including Gus, CC and the players responsible for where we are today... and it will take all of them working together to get us out of it.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats one delusional way of looking at it but not a long term successful way.

Any successful motivator and professional sports psychologist of team sports knows that you put the emphasis on personal and collective accountability on the team and its leaders to set standards.

If you dont have the players buying in and taking personal ownership of standards they themselves developed you are highly unlikely to see them listening or adhering to rules and regulations imposed by others they have not engaged with.

We have seen that for the majority of this year already. It hasn't worked. The players weren't invested enough amongst themselves.

Until you have those players who drive their own standards you are a Bulldogs, Dragons, Tigers type team.
Player are driving the standards at south’s, how is that working out?? And you say I am delusional :laughing: :laughing:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
CC is so lucky, all the attention off of how bad he has coached and selected the team lmao.
He is a massive part of this like it or not, this putrid shit has been under his watch.

Selection, positioning and rotations have been fkn rubbish off the bat.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is a massive part of this like it or not, this putrid shit has been under his watch.

Selection, positioning and rotations have been fkn rubbish off the bat.
I really believe he has been delivered the Holy Grail here, I can see the players laughing at his sudden tough boy antics after the Kombaya shit for the start of the year

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
“He was made to wrestle everyone and you can imagine how fatigued he got. It was everyone in the top 30 squad apart from the injured guys,” the player said. “After it happened, I thought ‘what the f**k was that?’ It was pretty ordinary. A lot of players didn’t want to do it.”
Meaning he probably only had to wrestle about 22 players because of injuries and excluding himself. Should have been a big lesson not to be late for work.

What a crock of shit this article is. It is not as if all teams coaches don't have punishments for players who break the rules and those rules are set and should be understood by those players at the beginning of the year. If the accusations of bullying are to be believed the the NRL has a really big problem not just confined to us.

If a lot didn't want to do it that should be a red flag because what the coach says goes. It would be nice for a change to be able to believe that what is reportedly being said by players is actual verbatim not just a few words construed as something else in pursuit of a story.

In relation to the leaks those that are found to do so should be dismissed immediately. That in itself is a massive breach of trust and confidentiality and I don't think that those that do it understand the gravity of the situation they create. Like I said before 'loose lips sink ships"

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been saying this also. CC's press conference calling out standards has not changed anything about how we got to here really.

It's not just simply some soft cocks. Its an inherent problem with all parties including Gus, CC and the players responsible for where we are today... and it will take all of them working together to get us out of it.
Yep hence why I don’t get why everyone is believing everything they are hearing. The unrest through the whole club starting from nsw cup all the way to grade is not a soft cock issue…. There is a lot more that’s going on behind closed doors we are not getting told.
Gus is very smart when it comes to deterring negative press on himself or his decisions Aka hiring Ciro for main job. He will secretly be trying to fix this shit up but I think it’s gone too far.
You don’t have a player retiring from a 800k contract because he ‘hated nrl’… you don’t have players like pele and Nu brown getting moved on within 10-14 weeks of signing with his for no reason. You don’t have nsw cup team outright first smashing teams to then getting dismantled by wooden spooners and not making the 8…