News ‘I am going to right the wrongs I put in place,’ says Dogs powerbroker

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By Danny Weidler
October 4, 2020 — 12.01am

The Bulldogs member leading the revolution against Lynne Anderson has made one thing very clear.

"Trent Barrett is the man the members want to coach the club and we will be doing everything we can to make him welcome," John Karanikolas said. "This mess needs to be sorted out before he gets here and that is our intention. He deserves the chance to hit the ground running."
Karanikolas has become involved in the bid to oust the Bulldogs board because he feels guilty.

"I owe it to the club because I ran the campaign to get Lynne into the club," he said. "I am not going to say sorry for that, but I am now going to right the wrongs I put in place. There were nine pillars we aimed to put in place with her, but none of them have been achieved to satisfactory level. Instead, we are floundering and a laughing stock in the game.
"The problem is that the club is living in the past. Now, I respect Canterbury’s history and everything that Peter 'Bullfrog' Moore did for the club. But you speak to people who work at the club and in the football area, and they say she walks around saying, ‘I’m Bullfrog’s daughter and Bullfrog is this and that’. But they will come to me or others and say, ‘John, who is this Bullfrog and why does she speak like that?
"There is the issue. We should be speaking about the likes of Hazem El Masri or Josh Jackson or Terry Lamb ... these kind of guys. We need to get with the program and launch into this decade and get fans who were born in the ’90s and beyond as well as respect our older fans.

"She [Anderson] sold it as the family club rebirth, but it’s anything but that now."

And Karanikolas has a message for the Laundy family, who have come on board with the club as the main jersey sponsor
"I saw they said if they didn’t get their way, they’d walk away," Karanikolas said. "Well, what they need to know is this is a members club, not their play thing. Not the Andersons’ play thing.

"If they want to walk, I’ll open the door for them and help them out. They got this year’s jumper for nothing and they have not signed a contract yet for the other years. I am talking with sponsors all the time and we have sponsors with real money ready to jump into the void if they want to go. We won’t shed a tear or miss their money if they want to dictate in that manner."
Hey, John Karanikolas, if you want members support the first thing you must learn to do is NEVER, EVER speak to Danny Weidler, EVER !!

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can research Bullfrog all you want but you can only get so much from reading or getting told stories. Bullfrog will always resonate more for the people that lived through his successes. It’s just the way it is.
Especially if you were invited on the bus to Riley St.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all hinges on what they have to say to justify all of this and the exact reasons why THEY say Anderson, Ballesty and Dunn should go. Then voters will decide.

If they make a good case and there is a smoking gun, then you'd hope members vote according to evidence, and not solely due to their personal ties to individuals.

The club, and us supporters, are in these voters hands so it's an extremely important task.

Good luck everyone when you choose who you are supporting.
It seems to me Wendy that they will never say the exact reason why they should go. It seems that "they" hold a few grudges and are bent on revenge rather that the good of the club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It seems to me Wendy that they will never say the exact reason why they should go. It seems that "they" hold a few grudges and are bent on revenge rather that the good of the club.
I guess we'll all find out soon and can judge for ourselves.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey John Karanikolas ...can you please fuck off and leave the club ... we would be much better off without your type at the club.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant be bothered going through the pages but did anyone listen to Triple M on Sunday?

Paul Kent said that this John K helped the Anderson ticket get into power in 2018 and now felt that they had not done enough while in charge...

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can someone explain who this guy is and what involvement he has with our club ?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
"The problem is that the club is living in the past. Now, I respect Canterbury’s history and everything that Peter 'Bullfrog' Moore did for the club. But you speak to people who work at the club and in the football area, and they say she walks around saying, ‘I’m Bullfrog’s daughter and Bullfrog is this and that’. But they will come to me or others and say, ‘John, who is this Bullfrog and why does she speak like that?
"There is the issue. We should be speaking about the likes of Hazem El Masri or Josh Jackson or Terry Lamb ... these kind of guys. We need to get with the program and launch into this decade and get fans who were born in the ’90s and beyond as well as respect our older fans.
Nasheed here,
This sounds like something Nasheed would say, not a wannabee CEO.

For what its worth,
I think the Lynne board has been shit, but not dramatic EGM impeachment shit.

The board, right now, if they were a player, would be jesse Sue.
Not looking to get renewed next year, but not terrible, just a bit not active, not visible and quiet. Two great slick moves and they could be back in the good books, you never know.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe but we would’ve had better stability, in saying that I’m hopeful Barrett will do a good job
Your anti Pay rhetoric is showing again. We didn't go Hols as we were extending Pay for the effort he was able to extract from the players for the back end of last year. Pay was thrown into quicksand. The Board felt a 1 year extension was only fair. Let the past be the past and now we rally behind Baz.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Dogs powerbroker" please. Don't pretend you speak for a large portion of members just because you bullied disgruntled members into signing for a spill at a time we couldn't win a game to save our life.
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one. What was wrecked over the last 5 years of Hasler, Castle and Dibb takes more than 3 years to fix.
This Board has the continued support of the vast majority of members as they try sail the good ship Bulldogs through stormy waters.
Lets not forget we have pursued Tedesco, Mitchell, Fafita, Korisau, Ramien to name but a few.
Do the pathetic agitators blame this board for the onfield performances of the team which no doubt swayed these and other players to not join us? Which comes first?
Go away agitators. Come back when the Board elections are normally due. Don't undermine us now as we clear the decks for a new coach and new era. Go Dogs!!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That matured well...
"Dogs powerbroker" please. Don't pretend you speak for a large portion of members just because you bullied disgruntled members into signing for a spill at a time we couldn't win a game to save our life.
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one. What was wrecked over the last 5 years of Hasler, Castle and Dibb takes more than 3 years to fix.
This Board has the continued support of the vast majority of members as they try sail the good ship Bulldogs through stormy waters.
Lets not forget we have pursued Tedesco, Mitchell, Fafita, Korisau, Ramien to name but a few.
Do the pathetic agitators blame this board for the onfield performances of the team which no doubt swayed these and other players to not join us? Which comes first?
Go away agitators. Come back when the Board elections are normally due. Don't undermine us now as we clear the decks for a new coach and new era. Go Dogs!!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That matured well...
You are one confused individual... What possible victory are you claiming ???

A bitter fuckwit who was facing female abuse allegations and lost his job, enlisted his personal gimp to find 116 unhappy but misguided members to sign a bullshit petition to remove 3 directors.

Regardless of Anderson’s results the fact is this was a terribly timed and disgraceful act by a desperate prick to keep his shitty title and perceived power.

Equally, this entire clusterfuck was brought to a head by Anderson pushing forward the agenda of removing Coorey...

What a bloody mess.

To be honest, probably the best act of this board In this last term was the decision and timing of Ballesty, Dunn and Anderson to fall on thier swords like they did today.

At the very least it has prevented protracted animosity, will silence the bad press for now, and send Karafloggeatures bloke back into obscurity..

Some of the point scoring and victory dancing on this forum is almost as deplorable as those at the club we support.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

A bitter fuckwit who was facing female abuse allegations and lost his job, enlisted his personal gimp to find 116 unhappy but misguided members to sign a bullshit petition to remove 3 directors.

Regardless of Anderson’s results the fact is this was a terribly timed and disgraceful act by a desperate prick to keep his shitty title and perceived power.

Equally, this entire clusterfuck was brought to a head by Anderson pushing forward the agenda of removing Coorey...

What a bloody mess.

To be honest, probably the best act of this board In this last term was the decision and timing of Ballesty, Dunn and Anderson to fall on thier swords like they did today.

At the very least it has prevented protracted animosity, will silence the bad press for now, and send Karafloggeatures bloke back into obscurity..

Some of the point scoring and victory dancing on this forum is almost as deplorable as those at the club we support.
Spot on Baz. I note Dunn stays on as League Club Chair, but obviously won’t be a footy club nominated Director, which means Act II is yet to start. You can be sure deals have been done...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I warned you all about this 12 months ago..
EGM.
So who is the confused one?

What a bloody mess.