‘I’ve been below par’, admits Hodkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did everyone miss the last sentence !!!!!

it reads

" meanwhile Hodkinson who is off contract at the end of this season - said he was close to committing to extend his 5 year stint at the Bulldogs "

The club can't be serious surely

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

it reads

" meanwhile Hodkinson who is off contract at the end of this season - said he was close to committing to extend his 5 year stint at the Bulldogs "

Hopefully it's an extension as a grounds keeper or a janitor because he aint no FG Number 7 on what we've seen so far this year. You know you have a major problem when the opposition/defense doesn't take you seriously.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this meant to be a news flash?

LCD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
More like below double-bogey
Yep, beat me to it. Although I was thinking he was just picking his ball up after 9 so they couldn't mark 10 on the card.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

it reads

Hopefully it's an extension as a grounds keeper or a janitor because he aint no FG Number 7 on what we've seen so far this year. You know you have a major problem when the opposition/defense doesn't take you seriously.
Or maybe the Bulldogs being a very community minded club are offering Hodkinson residency at an invalid's retirement village.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hodkinson could say he's about to sign a $4 million a year deal with the Bulldogs, doesn't mean it will happen. I reckon he's pressurnig the club via the media for a contract.

Just on Hodkinson, cards on the table for me here.

He has the potential, and has the ability. We saw this prior to SOO 2014 when he was absolutely on fire with Reynolds, and the in form halves in the competition. After that it all fell apart, and then injury hit, and that was the end of it.

He has a duty to the club and the club have a duty to him.

What the Bulldogs need to do is give him an ultimatum: If your form improves before July, we will offer you a new contract for 12 months. If it does not, we will not renew your contract.

Let him spend from now till then (7 games odd) redeveloping his game and showing why he deserves a contract. IF come the start of July he has NOT improved, then the club should sign Mitch Cornish (or approach Carney or someone).

That way Hodko has the pressure to perform on him and it's up to him.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone else pissed of bout him saying he will lift for nsw? How bout you lift for the club paying you

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same dont hate him, but he needs to lift big time! Especially with a contract available

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodkinson could say he's about to sign a $4 million a year deal with the Bulldogs, doesn't mean it will happen. I reckon he's pressurnig the club via the media for a contract.

Just on Hodkinson, cards on the table for me here.

He has the potential, and has the ability. We saw this prior to SOO 2014 when he was absolutely on fire with Reynolds, and the in form halves in the competition. After that it all fell apart, and then injury hit, and that was the end of it.

He has a duty to the club and the club have a duty to him.

What the Bulldogs need to do is give him an ultimatum: If your form improves before July, we will offer you a new contract for 12 months. If it does not, we will not renew your contract.

Let him spend from now till then (7 games odd) redeveloping his game and showing why he deserves a contract. IF come the start of July he has NOT improved, then the club should sign Mitch Cornish (or approach Carney or someone).

That way Hodko has the pressure to perform on him and it's up to him.
The issue is he has been under pressure since post origin last year to improve and has not delivered, he is not a player that would respond well to an ultimatum IMO on the other hand how much worse can he possibly play, i definitely don't want him, id rather have sandow at least he's got creativeness as well as brain explosions.

at the moment we have a non creative halfback and a five 8 full of brain explosions both lack any form of creativity.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I have heard through the "grapevine" that the club is/was looking at extending Hodkinsons contract while allowing Reynolds to approach other clubs. Also they were making enquiries in regards to Sandow and Carney.

Who knows if its true or bull, but make what you will out of it

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Today I have heard through the "grapevine" that the club is/was looking at extending Hodkinsons contract while allowing Reynolds to approach other clubs. Also they were making enquiries in regards to Sandow and Carney.

Who knows if its true or bull, but make what you will out of it
Yes to the piss drinker, no to everyone else mentioned lol

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if hodko was playing golf and par for the hole was 4 shots, well then id say hes playing at about 15 shots for par, hes so far off at the moment its not funny, always been a big reynolds and hodko fan but cant be anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes to the piss drinker, no to everyone else mentioned lol
I agree.

Big no to Sandow, though he wouldnt even bother coming as he cannot fishtail around the streets of Sydney in a KIA

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree.

Big no to Sandow, though he wouldnt even bother coming as he cannot fishtail around the streets of Sydney in a KIA
But at least he can sing "Push it" with Salt n Peppa in a KIA lol

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
His attitude is problematic because: -

He is allowing the idea that NSW can trigger his form rather than the club
He is more concerned about protecting his body than being committed to his role in a warrior type of physical contact sport.
He runs and kicks, unsure of himself and his decisions because he is too afraid of making mistakes which is making him a boring and predictable player.
He is inflexible to what is needed and has allowed himself to stay stuck regardless of expectations.

I am worried about him - he needs a better mind coach because the current one is not getting through to him.

hint hint - I am a mindpower coach ;) lol

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roffllllll....that his motivational song on the way to training

a bit of the pointer sister on the way for a slap at the leagues club after training
[video=youtube_share;8iwBM_YB1sE]http://youtu.be/8iwBM_YB1sE[/video]

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anybody waiting for him to be incredible in attack are wasting their time but you should be able to live with his performance of last week, typical neutralising game and he won his battle with thurston
There was no battle Thurston is king

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Errr Push It is already Souths run out song...

It referring to their partners.

aaaannnd I've just reached my quota of Souths jokes for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.