News ‘Headed for divorce’: Hunt tipped for Dragons exit as ‘perfect’ rival club closes in

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when Anasta said that he had reached out to the Dogs if they wanted him to coach the halves last year? He tried to make a big deal out of them not returning his call LOL.

I highly doubt he ever reached out and IF he did, he should not be surprised nobody replied. He's a flog. True colours were shown when he got up on the stage at canterbury leagues after we won the comp and yelled 'FUCK ROOSTERS' then within 6 months he signed with them. Fuck him!
The worst part of it is if I remember correctly, the club let Thurston go because they wanted to keep Anasta.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At hooker though, not at halfback. He's a really good hooker. At halfback for Saints he shits the bed multiple times a game and doesn't control the team the way a player with his reputation, experience and salary should.
I agree, he isn't cheap either...
But he could be the experienced risk we need to take !

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The worst part of it is if I remember correctly, the club let Thurston go because they wanted to keep Anasta.
It wasn't just that. So he was getting homesick as well missing his family. During the season we let him go and reconnect with family. I think he missed around 6 weeks at that time during the middle of the season. The Anasta side of things didn't help. The bigger body always looks better in the short term and Anasta still looked on the up at that point. Same thing with Burton currently, it's hard to tell how high his ceiling is at the moment.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What do we need Ben Hunt for?

We have Josh Renyolds and he's an absolute weapon. You can see he really knows what it takes to be a bulldog and winning game after game single handed with all his "passion and desire" that compensate for inability to run, pass, tackle.

Give him control of the whole program and we may replicate Penrith and go back to back. ‍♂‍♂‍♂

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do we need Ben Hunt for?

We have Josh Renyolds and he's an absolute weapon. You can see he really knows what it takes to be a bulldog and winning game after game single handed with all his "passion and desire" that compensate for inability to run, pass, tackle.

Give him control of the whole program and we may replicate Penrith and go back to back. ‍♂‍♂‍♂
You might be on to something according to ciraldo Reynolds embodies all the qualities and attributes he is looking for in a successful bulldogs player. We need more, not less Reynolds and a premiership is guaranteed.
#morereynolds !!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope you're right. I'd still rather Johnson though + 2 decent middles than Hunt + 1
Johnson is a better halfback than Hunt, we almost signed him for $500k a season two years ago, we should throw a million dollars a season at him, I've read somewhere it will be very difficult for the Warriors to keep him under the cap.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If sj leaves we need him or hunt.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we had a choice between Johnson and Hunt I'd much rather Hunt, I believe he would be the more reliable of the 2.
IMHO Johnson would be to much of a risk away from NZ, we've had far to many (great) experienced players come here only for the club to pay millions into their retirement fund,.
Hunt would be a risk to, but a much smaller 1.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think Hunt is as amazing as most, but what he offers that we desperately need is guidance from a very experienced half. My concern would be what it means for Karl.

XPICATE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We bought two 5/8 so we need a halfback.Might as well be Hunt until our guy shows up.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I don’t think Hunt is as amazing as most, but what he offers that we desperately need is guidance from a very experienced half. My concern would be what it means for Karl.
What it means for Karl is that he can be used off the bench, like Thurston and Barba were for their first few years at the Dogs, learning there craft and being able to have a role as a creator on the pitch when added to the current playmakers on the field. It's a nice role for the next 2 years. Things like injuries will happen in games where he will be expected to play a larger role when the backline reshuffles. I think that's a great role to have when young. Little to no pressure, play what you see when you come on.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
They can negotiate their way out of a contract, and given the money that he is on, the Dragons could be tempted if they are looking to rebuild - just as the Dogs did with some of their good players years ago.
We will give them TPJ. Straight swap.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to Johnson himself, we were never a serious option for him
Facts are,
Johnson agreed to terms with the Bulldogs.
He then decides to take the opportunity ( Covid-19 ) and visit home in NZ.
While there, Gus the Warriors general manager of football, makes the contact and convinces him to sign.
Yes good'ol Gus doing his magic.
Now we need him to reverse the spell :grinning: