News ‘Headed for divorce’: Hunt tipped for Dragons exit as ‘perfect’ rival club closes in

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well where screwed than no hunt for us ben hunt is a rooster new it had high hopes for nothing

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton cops way too much slack on here. Our whole attack LITERALLY rests in his hands. He is still going OK with a forward pack going backwards

Put an actual halfback with him, a fullback who isn't bundy cup quality and a pack moving forward. even cleary would do nothing behind this pack
I actually think Burton is very limited as a half, his passing game is poor and he goes missing.

I am commenting on the fact he needs experienced help to steer the team around .... not an 18-year-old kid.

He is better suited as a number two or three option in terms of playmaking.

Think Cody Walker who basically parks himself on the left and only gets the ball when he sees something on.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton to 3 or 4 suggestions needs to be buried coz it ain’t happening thankfully. Not now, not ever whilst wearing blue n white.
I never thought I would see the day Burton played half, but its happened. Never say never.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Firstly, everyone get your head out of Burton being a centre. He is our only attacking threat and the only guy at the club with a big boot. He is an elite 5/8 who just needs an organising halfback outside him, like EVERY good 5/8. Burton is our best player by a country mile and the more he touches the ball the better we are.

Secondly, Oloapu is an amazing talent but if we had someone like Ben Hunt in the club he would be much better playing a year in NSW Cup and being an apprentice to someone like Hunt. Hunt also would suit pretty well with Burto, as he is an organiser, has a good kicking game and has great experience.

Let's remember KO would not even be in first grade if we actually had someone like Hunt.. KO is 18, and a year in Cup for his development wouldn't have been a bad thing.
I haven't seen the young bloke do anything yet.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1 Crighton (Papali’i & Wilson in wings)
2 JAC
3/4 Alamoti / Xerri / Averillo / Skelton / Kiraz
5 Kiraz / Burns / Wilson / Skelton / Papali
6 Burton
7 Hunt

14. Oloapu / Brown / BBO / Rijab

that’s all the depth we need for backs. Anyone who isn’t a developing kid can go. Burns would have to be in close to minimum also.

Now, to fix the forwards….
I think Burns if not injured would be a good fill in fullback. He played well in the first trial game.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunt with no money left for good middles won't achieve much for us.

I'd rather Johnson who would come at half the cost and he's a year younger + someone like Royce Hunt or Daniel Saifiti

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s give St George
TPJ
Luke Thompson
Kyle Flanagan
And we’ll take
Hunt and jack bird that’s a fair trade
He's too old and I know cherry-evans I would prefer to see if Burton and or Oloapu can make the HB their permanent position.