‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
More proof that Latrell is a protected species. Of course any racist abuse from fans shouldn't be tolerated.. But when are V'landys and the media going to realise that Latrell and Walker get booed because of their reckless play and cheap shots on the field, not because they're Indigenous? Maybe a small percentage of people have racist motivations but most fans boo because they don't like what he gets away with on the field with reckless high tackles and cheap shots..

You don't see fans booing Hynes, Addo-Carr and other Indigenous and Pacific Island players.. Maybe if the NRL finally suspended Latrell for his cheap shots on the field and he got that crap out of his game then he wouldn't be getting booed?
I note how Roosters fans were given an excuse for booing Latrell, but Bulldogs come under the hammer - even though the article states that Mitchell was cited for his tackle on the Foxx.

I didn't like that we booed him, though. It is putting us in a poor light and, as this article shows, the media is always ready to attack our fans.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the next club booes him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We didn’t boo the grub loud enough.
I'm not that into booing...but...Vlad could also look at it, that the footy paying public, supporting the game, are actually also supporting the players who go out there to compete, entertain and represent our clubs and are the ones who are victims and recipients of the dirty grubs like Latrell who expose them to willfully unnecessary irresponsible harm.

Because Vlad and the NRLol certainly aren't doing anything to get the guy under control.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I note how Roosters fans were given an excuse for booing Latrell, but Bulldogs come under the hammer - even though the article states that Mitchell was cited for his tackle on the Foxx.

I didn't like that we booed him, though. It is putting us in a poor light and, as this article shows, the media is always ready to attack our fans.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the next club booes him.
Saints round 10 at Kogarah

The only away game they have up to that game is Storm in Melbourne their fans are irrelevant

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
only likeable player at souths is cam murray, hell i'd boo george burgess back to england

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
only likeable player at souths is cam murray, hell i'd boo george burgess back to england
Murray is one of the best milkers - taking dives then remonstrating with the referees. Pretty good at dishing out the dirt when the ref's not looking.
He is a great player, but needs to get that out of his system.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wally Lewis was booed his whole career every time he played a club game in NSW. Cam Smith was booed constantly. Mick Ennis.. Adrian Morley.. James Graham used to get booed by opposition fans. We booed Klemmer.. Josh Reynolds would get booed.. They're all white boys. I don't remember the NRL CEO stepping in and saying it's not fair to boo those players..

Maybe it's more about fans not liking players who do reckless and dangerous things on the field constantly? Booing is a part of sport.

Again, if anything racist is said then those fans should be banned as that is disgraceful. But 99% of fans are booing because of the player and their actions, not because or the colour of their skin.

Josh Reynolds is a white boy??!!?!??

Thought he was a lebo.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wally Lewis was booed his whole career every time he played a club game in NSW. Cam Smith was booed constantly. Mick Ennis.. Adrian Morley.. James Graham used to get booed by opposition fans. We booed Klemmer.. Josh Reynolds would get booed.. They're all white boys. I don't remember the NRL CEO stepping in and saying it's not fair to boo those players..

Maybe it's more about fans not liking players who do reckless and dangerous things on the field constantly? Booing is a part of sport.

Again, if anything racist is said then those fans should be banned as that is disgraceful. But 99% of fans are booing because of the player and their actions, not because or the colour of their skin.
Yeah but I don't remember any of them flying around in a private jet with the CEO either

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kinda off that he has come out and said this about latrell considering no specific racism has occurred towards latrell.

it honestly has similar vibes to when the parent coming to school saying their child is perfect even though the child has used foul language in the school yard.
Feel like vlandys coming out and saying this is only worsens latrells image.

definitely for the large scale of people this is not racism oriented. Can’t speak for everyone though.

the fact is josh addo carr an indigenous player was knocked out and worsened by latrell Mitchell.

if it was racism wouldn’t fans be booing both addo Carr and Mitchell? It just doesn’t make sense to make it a racism issue.