Search results

1. cljunior

Week 3 Finals - Roll Call: Bulldogs v Eels

Got fairly outside seats, but going to be there. can't f'in wait!!! so nervous ... can we possibly pull it off? i think it will be the upset of the year if we do.
  2. cljunior

Who is our biggest threat?

wow .. you guys are writing off the dragons way too easily .. I still think Dragons are favourite to win the comp. This is going to be the best final series ever!! Bulldogs Dragons Storm Titans Sea Eagles Broncos Eels All 7 of these teams can potentially win the comp ... I...
  3. cljunior

Wearing other jerseys at the wrong game

just don't get bashed and up in the news ok?
  4. cljunior

The run to the finals

Both at WIN stadium. Plus we need to win 2 more games than them to clinch the Minor Premiership. This statement is so bias, a Dragons fan could be saying, Cowboys could easily beat the Bulldogs, as could Souths who are trying to make the 8.
  5. cljunior

The run to the finals

If things play out like that did in 2004, I don't mind one bit
  6. cljunior

The run to the finals

PS. I hope Manly finish 4th or 5th so we don't have to play them in Week 1 of the finals!!
  7. cljunior

The run to the finals

Souths and Cowboys to be the tough games. But complacency can see us lose any game. Its the NRL ffs. The battle is really for 2nd, as the Dragons have an easier road home that us! Only tough game being Storm, but at WIN. Brisbane as well, but Broncs are finished. Gold Coast and Melb...
  8. cljunior

Score flattered the titans

Gordon's solo effort was barely lucky ... all skill Agree on the other two tries, just putting the ball up and hoping for the best, still good kicks. In the end, I don't think they broke our line properly once all game. Awesome.
  9. cljunior

Poor Parra - Dogs back to full strength for Eels!

1. Patten 2. El Masri 3. Morris 4. Idris 5. Goodwin 6. Roberts 7. Kimmorley 8. Hannant 9. Ennis 10. Hodgson 11. Warburton 12. Ryan 13. Stagg 14. Armit 15. Gordon 16. Eastwood 17. Holdsworth I don't think DJ will get dropped. And I think Armit deserves the spot more than...
  10. cljunior

Sullivan Appreciation Thread

I agree. Compared to any games he's played since he's joined, definitely played much better than i've seen him play. Can't see a place in the first grade team though at full strength. Good to know he is there for depth though!
  11. cljunior

Grinding Matches Against Good Sides

Talk about grinding wins. I had a feeling the whole time after NZ took the lead that we could hit back. Had the same feeling against the Dragons! Anyway .. when a side knows how to win, they can always sniff one. We've done this quite a few times this season. Next week will be tough...
  12. cljunior

c armit stats

Former Eel Andrew Ryan
  13. cljunior

c armit stats

he slowly turning into a steve price type of player mode .... awesome
  14. cljunior

NSW side what id pick plus what the idiot selectors will pick

Jamie Lyon has been in pretty good form ... hard to see him not in the team (i.e. your one)
  15. cljunior

Rnd 11 Bulldogs v Storm 3-2-1 Thread

3. Hannant 2. Patten 1. Stagg Going to go with Stagg for some reason .. think he played better. Am I the only one that didn't think DJ played that awesome .. just good?
  16. cljunior

Stats from tonight's game

I was looking for tackled in Opp 20 stats, but its not on nrl.com ... Anyway .. if you look at the stats below .. you really wouldn't have expected the drubbing we witnessed. Line breaks was an interesting one .. Storm probably botched two tries .. Patten did so awesome to isolate Cameron...
  17. cljunior

Taking apart the best defenses in the game

and the BEST thing about this, is that I believe we are one of those 5, when 3 weeks ago, I didn't! :D
  18. cljunior

we had an unbelievable team in 2004 .. because of our bench in that 2004 team it will almost never be bettered, ever I think: Hughes Asotasi Williams Maitua However I agree with Dognacious .. we haven't even fully gelled yet in 2009! Kevin Moore is doing a great job..
  19. cljunior

i'd say we are pretty much full strength .. but i agree. we are doing it on the ground through passing and set plays, some individual brilliance. we haven't needed 30 tackles inside 20 to score .. so far anyway!
  20. cljunior

no chiefs this year .. its everyone having everyone else's back. love watching our defense how everyone covers for everyone else. so awesome to watch. i love the dogs
  21. cljunior

TBh i thought

haha .. i agree .. i made no sense of that post. was he talking about the break from idris who offloaded to dj?
  22. cljunior

Look who's a premiership contender now!

i agree .. i'd offer anyone 1000000 to 1 if they wanted to bet on us for the spoon. Sharks Vs Roosters .. that's it .. which makes me laugh cause the Roosters are near full strength and not having anywhere near the issues the Sharks are .. hahahahahahahaha
  23. cljunior

Bulldogs score comprehensive victory over Melbourne Storm in Gosford - Foxsports

how good is it we aren't constantly checking if we'd scored any points in the 2nd half....
  24. cljunior

Our defense has been superb this season, bar a couple of glitches here and there, we still have half a season to work on that. The way we defended in the first quarter of the game against the Dragons last week and against Melbourne tonight. Amazing! Funnily enough .. these two teams are also...
  25. cljunior

Biggest Improvement

Defense was AWESOME in Rd 1 .. haha. but its definitely a strong point. our numbers in attack and variety is my choice for biggest improvement. 2nd / 3rd man plays. dummies and running, etc. no more one up hitting. something we haven't done in years and its looking great and keeping the...
  26. cljunior

Idris vs Inglis battle

Inglis' kick and chase and 'almost' score was pretty magic ... totally against the grain of the game Then he kicked a ball that Slater ran onto, pin point on his chest .. Slater was called offside, but don't think he was. Stuff Idris still can't do ....
  27. cljunior

i don't like betting on the dogs tbh .. i get enough enjoyment out of us winning. money doesn't even start to compare
  28. cljunior

Bulldogs score comprehensive victory over Melbourne Storm in Gosford - Foxsports

i disagree with the fact that melbourne got any momentum back during the game ... only in the last 15 minutes did i feel we'd dropped off
  29. cljunior

2009 Injuries

I hope Mullen gets selected .. from the way the Knights are going .. hard to see him not!
  30. cljunior

i never thought we'd contend after say the first few semis .. but if we played like we did tonight .. we could beat ANYONE!
  31. cljunior

Rnd 11 Post-match discussion:Bulldogs v Storm

awesome utility ... had great hands tonight. mainly played 5/8th i'd say from 20th minute onwards
  32. cljunior

2009 Injuries

Corks can be pretty bad I hear ... but he had the ice off at half time (cause he knew he wasn't going to play again tonight) .. so one week at most i'd say. plus we have a bye after this week
  33. cljunior

We were 31 to 1 from memory at the start of the season ..
  34. cljunior

Patten VS Slater

he pulled out of it after ryan scored ... he was actually really conscious of it and wanted to check if ryan was hurt at all. i watched that closely as well
  35. cljunior

they've finally got it right: i reckon the winner will be from the top 5 below .. sad but manly are slowly coming back into form and contention .. expect 20k+ crowd at all dogs home games from now on :D ps. good work to panthers pulling in from spoon favourites! 6001 BRISBANE 6.00 $...
  36. cljunior

Priceless

It wasn't all DJ .. he played well But it was all the forwards with skill that is the difference between 2008 and 2009. Stagg was pretty much playing half .. ennis can kick and make plays. hell hannant played halfback for ryan's try
  37. cljunior

Rnd 11 Bulldogs v Storm 3-2-1 Thread

It was all about the forwards tonight .. we ran over them like cream cheese. Our backs were great .. but it was the forwards that set the platform .. go the Broncos connection!!!
  38. cljunior

Matthew Johns Being Stood Down Thread

gang bangs are awesome .. johns is such a legend. he should have done it more often
  39. cljunior

Magnay's article from SMH

Beau Ryan scores for the Dogs, then changes shirts and scores for the Tigers. Wow, what a player!
  40. cljunior

Ron Dennis quits as McLaren Forumla One chief executive

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25344423-5018892,00.html dirty f'in cheat. about time!
  41. cljunior

The I got my $900 thread/Were is my frekkin $900 thread

depends on the bank ... what is it. bank of qld? hah
  42. cljunior

Steve Price has a crack at Hasler

I love you Pricey ..
  43. cljunior

i was a massive sherwin fan!! do u know what he's doing this year? i think his team got...

i was a massive sherwin fan!! do u know what he's doing this year? i think his team got relegated last season ... glad to meet u too
  44. cljunior

maybe they should randomize the amount as well
  45. cljunior

but how is it done by postcode? i'm 20xx and haven't got it.
  46. cljunior

Your favourite 80's cartoons

please obey
  47. cljunior

Has anyone got their Rudd money yet? I'm trying to work out how its paid out ... some people say surname, some say suburb/postcode. I know a lot of people on youth allowance seem to have got it. Anyone?
  48. cljunior

this is an old school thread pikachu
  49. cljunior

Guys .. pokemon was SO 90's!
  50. cljunior

Just happened to come across a couple which I loved as a kid: Gummi Bears Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers Of course TMNT was one of my favourites! Cartoons in the 80s were the best, all the new ones are just trying to get you to buy merchandise or cards for a game... What other...
  51. cljunior

Player Matchups - Dogs vs Eels

Jarrad Hayne would be better if they actually gave him the ball to run with ...
  52. cljunior

5/8 becoming a redundant position?

Many teams opt for a strong running back in this position nowadays, with the halfback taking most of load. There aren't that many great 5/8's left in the game, Darren Lockyer obviously comes to mind. There a million candidates when it comes to halfback. What do you think? Times have changed?
  53. cljunior

2 man bench, 6 interchanges

so what happens when one player gets injured during the game? and quite often .. two players get injured ..
  54. cljunior

Gary Warbuton in Attack

easier said than done don't you think? players mason, asotasi, sonny bill, they don't come around every year. reni had one or two good seasons, he really wasn't that great in the last 3 years
  55. cljunior

Members - Bulldogs VS EELS

CrazyDog and Dogaholic .. please don't forget to wear your royal garments or bring with you your servants from the captain's club .. we will be honoured to be amongst your presence
  56. cljunior

Gary Warbuton in Attack

not to mention there's a thing called a salary cap which it would be smart to stay under
  57. cljunior

Gary Warbuton in Attack

yes it is.. have you noticed we already have a new: Winger Centre Halfback Hooker 2 x Props Lock do you realise that players have to be available and want to come to the club before you bid/sign for them? part of the game is to make do with what you have, not go and buy the farm.
  58. cljunior

no. u can sit with yourself :)
  59. cljunior

Rnd 5 Bulldogs v Bunnies 3-2-1 Thread

3. Ennis 2. Hannant 1. BK - just thought his effort was superb
  60. cljunior

it would be sensible to read the card hah? i was wondering what all that writing was about haha
  61. cljunior

Bombs.

i get the point ... but a kick that doesn't go too high, for example a banana kick, where the full back shoots under the post to catch and score. kicks like that shouldn't be penalized an extra 10m. on the other hand .. i would love something implemented to stop bombs, any bombs. can't...
  62. cljunior

good post, i was wondering myself. seeing as we can only access via Gate K right? but we'll get seats all the way on the other side?
  63. cljunior

Caption Time.

"wow .. so it's true!"
  64. cljunior

SoO period draw

yup. i'm so over this "everyone" hates us attitude. let's get over it seriously and move on
  65. cljunior

SoO period draw

i agree. ennis is effectively 2 players for us if he isn't there. we'd have to field a hooker plus his interchange
  66. cljunior

How coffee summit gave Bulldogs kick they needed.

ffs. i can see why luke lashed out, he nearly had his neck crushed when ryan tried to put the ball down. he was put on report for it, i'm ok with no 8 point try. it was not deliberate like kneeing a playing who just scored etc. it was totally different circumstances.
  67. cljunior

Give It Up For Ben Roberts

alongside a good halfback who can direct the team, i'll support him
  68. cljunior

another Matt Utai thread

just watch the replay, watch the spin on the ball. it was horrible to catch, plus it was wet. i don't think there has been one like it this year
  69. cljunior

I partook in a fair bit of Ben Roberts bashing in the day, that's mainly because he was at No. 7 and he isn't a great halfback. However .. Ben Roberts is definitely my No. 6 for 2009 and i'll stick by that. He was good alongside shifty and will be with noddy.
  70. cljunior

He was the first to catch up with the Sharks winger last week .. i was suprised at how quick he was! After hearing everyone on here talk about how slow he was ...
  71. cljunior

wouldn't quickest over 100 suggest a 100m sprint, from a standstill? i really don't know why we should trust howsie, wtf is he?
  72. cljunior

another Matt Utai thread

let's be fair .. that was a b!tch of a bomb to catch. I saw it go up and it was spiralling on the vertical. i knew he wouldn't catch it, and i dare say one or two other may have dropped that one. that said, utai has made way too many mistakes, but i still think he is an awesome ball runner.
  73. cljunior

Gary Warbuton in Attack

pretty sure it was off hunt :)
  74. cljunior

Gary Warbuton in Attack

funny about this, i was talking to my brother in law down the coast on the weekend in ulladulla. he used to play with warburton in the team down there. apparently in that grade gary was a really effective ball playing forward, who tried a lot of things. it may be that he is new in the NRL...
  75. cljunior

Bombs.

kicks and bombs are different. sherwin didn't put that many bombs up, but we sure as hell scored a lot of tries off his kicks! last night ennis kicking for morris to score .. mostly skill (a little luck, it was a bit heavy off the boot)
  76. cljunior

Bombs.

i think attacking bombs are just as annoying .. to just put it up there and wait for the clash of bodies and hopefully scoring a try is not what i would call 'skillful'
  77. cljunior

Bombs.

how do you classify a 'bomb' tho. what is the difference between a bomb and a cross field kick? are we going to implement ball trackers for height? hah
  78. cljunior

Bombs.

i was going to start a thread about this a couple of weeks ago! problem is there are too many points scored off bombs. the success rate must be close to 15-20% if done well. that's one in 5/6 tries. all teams are doing it now, obviously those with big tall backs more than others. its...
  79. cljunior

Brett Stewart most potent No.1 in history

ps. how dare they compare him with bradman! bradman averaged 99.94 and the next best is bare at 60%. that bozos is 166% of the next best, which would mean stewart would have to be over 100% to be even on par. as if this guy is the bradman of the nrl, there are way bigger players than brett...
  80. cljunior

Brett Stewart most potent No.1 in history

We'll wait and see how many tries/points he can score from his jail cell. He'll still be scoring, maybe not how he would want though..
  81. cljunior

state of origin teams...

stagg won't make origin i don't think. nor will morris. if ennis is in the side, do they need an interchange hooker?
  82. cljunior

No Teams Can Score Points This Year

as long as its live (ground or tv) i don't mind watching it. watched the sharks game after seeing it at the stadium and re-watched it next day on nrl.com. not sure i'm going to bother with last night's game, not the 2nd half anyway!
  83. cljunior

as long as the dogs are on the higher end, i don't care if its 54 - 4, 62 - 60, or 2 - 0 :D i miss the time when the dogs could get out there and put a team to the sword. we should have done that to the sharks, and to be honest should have beaten manly by more. not complaining still .. a...
  84. cljunior

I did read your post .. i didn't get "i love great defence" from it. more, i find find games boring because not enough points are scored. flip it around .. say the defense was really poor and the attack was great .. and all the scores were really high, does that makes games interesting? i...
  85. cljunior

mate ... bored to death? last night's game was great, except that i thought we should have won by 8 maybe can't appreciate a good defensive effort? defense will win you premierships as much as attack will. so you were bored to death with the Wallabies impregnable defense when they won...
  86. cljunior

These Souths supporters on the train LOL

i was. haha. but that photo above clears everything! wat an awesome shot someone should go and post that photo on the bunnies forum .. haha
  87. cljunior

Morris's Try

At the game on the big screen, I told Tina no try. He put the ball down on the line .. Anyway I'm happy if video ref thought a part of the ball might of touched down before the line on benefit of the doubt :D On the other hand, I thought Ennis scored.
  88. cljunior

Twilight Zone .. Manly back on top!

its fixed now .. please ignore
  89. cljunior

Do you wear your Bulldog's gear when watching a game at home?

i'm interested in the dribble part ....
  90. cljunior

Do you wear your Bulldog's gear when watching a game at home?

I used to always wear my Dog's hat during Dog's games. Wore my Schumacher hat during the F1, etc It was always nice to slam it into the floor when I get angry .. hah I didn't wear any Bulldogs stuff on Friday, and somehow I feel that if I did, we might of had a better chance of winning ...
  91. cljunior

Rnd 3 3-2-1 Thread: Bulldogs v Titans

3. Kimmorley 2. Stagg 1. Patten I agree with everyone else here .. Idris was ****e
  92. cljunior

14 players on the field (Merged)

right .. so say ennis has a head clash with another bulldog, they are both down. then we can just run 2 extra players on the ground and have 15 players on the field, the two down on the ground don't count. if players are tired, just lay on the ground, cause then someone can just run on and...
  93. cljunior

yes, but ennis is still on the ground and hasn't been subbed off properly
  94. cljunior

what you have stated here is against the rules ... if no penalty is given, you can just call a player back on!
  95. cljunior

WORD! stop being so bias
  96. cljunior

only if the player is near the area of play and is in danger of getting trodden on, etc
  97. cljunior

they threw 75k .. in 5 dollar bill blocks i heard