Grinding Matches Against Good Sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You are in a Bulldogs forum. You call yourself King Dog. Yep im dumb thinking it had anything to do with the Bulldogs. Listen to yourself. The more you talk the less substance you have.

Your attempt to talk about football was lame and not threadworthy so fail on that count also. You cant SMD coz i have taste but you can kiss my butt.

Your All Stars side is sh1t whenever you concocted it. No excuses.

Hows your argument? Weak as piss. In your eyes we would be better off if we had let Storm or Brisbane get closer so we could win a close fought game against good sides. I dont understand.
Woopty Doo. You queer ****! Why would you bring up my All star side anyways, If u wanna do that Personal Message me, not ****ing attack me on a thread i have put up to discuss with people who here want to talk about football not ****ing give it to others, next time you go to comment on a thread look at the heading and talk about what is being talked about

No one cares how bad you can give it to someone, especially over the internet, (Cat act) and especially when everyone here is just trying to talk football and express their opinion, you moron.

To others.. not to you Dognacious becasue your head is so far up your ass I dont think you can hear anyone else talk.
All I said about the Storm and Brisbane game was we were always winning those games, In games like Monday night, we put up the fight and then cant finish them off like some one else said, It was a mgihty effort from the boys but like I said, all our losses have us been putting in an almighty struggle and effort and coming up short.

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To those who have come on and had a discussion on this thread I thank you for not coming on an attacking me about my opinion, And attacking me about my all star team.

Means alot to me, I dont come on this forum to get abused and attacked when I am just hear to talk about the team i support!

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol king dog change your nick to king of niff nuffs or king of nuffs.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
I was thinking we'd carve Manly up but we played the way they wanted and not to our strengths. They came out much more intense and aggressive and we tried to go with them and were never going to be able to. We had to play smart and use our superior skills and scored on the odd occasion we did.

The good thing is Kevin Moore said exactly what I (and most other fans) were thinking in the press conference. He was happy with the last ditch defensive efforts but disappointed with some execution particularly in the final 10 minutes.

We're flying in reality and none of us expected to be so high on the ladder at this stage of the season. Even the team didn't and this is another lesson they will learn from. That or they were just not at their best but my concern is with the lack of mongrel and that's where Manly beat us.

Last edited by a moderator:

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Calm down Bob. They really did try mate. I'm surprised they actually held them out for that long. Was only a matter of time before they were brought down.

Let's not forget we were missing Hannant - who organises our forward pack and fires them up. Had Hannant been there we would have trampled through their ruck and made a lot more line breaks tbh.

That in turn, would have given Roberts a lot more flexibility and experimentation with the ball.

The key to winning this game was Hannant IMO.
I thought we'd struggle without him last week but we didn't miss him at all, therefore i expected the same versus Manly. Manly had much harder defence though.

Manly shocked us with how hard and fast they started the game but we were good enough to grind our way back into it and if Haz converted we lead 14-13 late in the match. We showed great scramble defence but it's a concern at how many missed tackles there were.

People have to realise that we can criticise the team constructively but still be proud of their effort. I'm proud and impressed with how they kept in the match as it looked like it would be 18-0 after 20 mins but I'm also realistic enough to know that we had our chances to win and didn't show the patience, nor the brains to execute.

Kevin Moore agreed so I don't see why people are whinging about the criticism. He also said that fatigue was no excuse as this will happen in the finals. Great coach we have that isn't afraid to be honest.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought we'd struggle without him last week but we didn't miss him at all, therefore i expected the same versus Manly. Manly had much harder defence though.

Manly shocked us with how hard and fast they started the game but we were good enough to grind our way back into it and if Haz converted we lead 14-13 late in the match. We showed great scramble defence but it's a concern at how many missed tackles there were.

People have to realise that we can criticise the team constructively but still be proud of their effort. I'm proud and impressed with how they kept in the match as it looked like it would be 18-0 after 20 mins but I'm also realistic enough to know that we had our chances to win and didn't show the patience, nor the brains to execute.

Kevin Moore agreed so I don't see why people are whinging about the criticism. He also said that fatigue was no excuse as this will happen in the finals. Great coach we have that isn't afraid to be honest.
Look, I think our boys tried hard but they definately caught us out of the blocks. They did a smart play too where they had our defence spread and put Glenn Stewart one-on-one with Luke Patten who I love but isn't the greatest front on defender(his a fullback, I don't expect him to be) but considering the fact we defended so well for so long is a credit to the attitude at the club.

Rami, your 100% right about Hannant. He adds much needed starch,intensity and runs and tackles all game long.

I also thought we missed Idris big time. Millard is safe but he has nothing on Idris and we miss that option of going right or going left with now we pretty much just go left.

When Idris and Hannant get back, we will be a much different side.

a shifty 1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If anything this side has trouble putting away bad sides, but that will improve once the line-up settles again.

They thrive on grinding a game out and making a late comeback, but seem to take the foot off the accelerator a bit when they get in front. The two early byes really disrupted the start of the season and now injuries / rep duty are playing their part.

Hopefully in the back end of the season we can get nearer to a full strength side out there consistently and settle in for a good run to the finals.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Talk about grinding wins.

I had a feeling the whole time after NZ took the lead that we could hit back.

Had the same feeling against the Dragons!

Anyway .. when a side knows how to win, they can always sniff one. We've done this quite a few times this season.

Next week will be tough without Eastwood

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
definately will be hard but im sure if the boys need to grind out that match to win then they will do so

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i knew we would find a try when the warriors stopped playing with 3 minutes to go

they were running from dummy half and finding the ground like it was 20 seconds left

AJCashman

Waterboy
Reaction score
The Warriors don't deserve to be under the umbrella of a good side for grinding out wins. Still happy regardless, we certainly know how to stay alive in sloppy games.

Honestly, I'm seriously leaning towards Roosters next week. You wouldn't think that having 9 players out, an away game, and a short backup would give you a real hard choice for your tip - but it did when tipping for today's game, GG Warriors.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Warriors are weak but after going behind it was still a good effort to pull out a clutch play to win with a dramatically different team. Let's also be grateful we had them with all our players missing and not a decent team.

Status
Not open for further replies.