Search results

1. gazza

Kiraz to fullback?

Interested in Kennelers thoughts. Thinking Kiraz might make a good fullback.
  2. gazza

Hopoate Captain?

I just received the Bulldogs Team email that Hopoate is Captain this week. Is this a joke. In my view Hopoate shouldn't even be in the team. A turnstile in defence and adds nothing in attack. What do Kenellers think of the announcement? Hopoate to captain Bulldogs in clash with Cowboys Will...
  3. gazza

Team balanced?

The TEAM list on the Bulldogs website lists 4 fullbacks, 5 wingers (and another on the way next season) and 1 centre! Is anyone in the know on the longer term plan? Presumably a few players will not have their contracts renewed next year.
  4. gazza

over officiating spoling the game

In this off-season recovery after the grand final was spoiled by rules that defied common sense and over-use of technology, I watched again that wonderful 1973 match between the Barbarians and Wales which I hopefully shared here And whilst watching, I couldn't help but ponder how unplayable...
  5. gazza

Opinion Rule Changes you would like to see

Yet again there is a lot of angst over referees blowing their whistles and whether or not a team gets a fair opportunity to win the game on merit. In other words many games winning or losing is at the discretion of the referees. Why is this so? And what changes to the rules can help bring the...
  6. gazza

Ratu Tagive

Can anyone give me the background for Ratu Tagivi. I see he is named in the NSW Cup side this week. I was impressed by his performance on the wing last week at WIN stadium. He's tall, quick and can catch the ball. His positional sense looked pretty good and he went looking for the ball and...
  7. gazza

Roosters' problems - article from todays Australian

"A day after it was revealed coach Brad Fittler had given his entire side a dressing down over persistent rumours that have enveloped the club, leading player managers have called on officials to end the internal bickering. Some managers have suggested they could struggle to do that while...
  8. gazza

Reni still injured

I noted today Reni is not in the Sharks team to take on the Knights. According to the announcement "Stuart has not named new recruit Reni Maitua, who still battles to overcome an ankle problem. The Sharks are hopeful to have Maitua available for their local derby clash with the Dragons the...
  9. gazza

Two Referees - What do you think?

Personally I was impressed by the outcome from having the two referees. Firstly it will cut down on those arms around the kneck and head that has crept into the tackle, especially after the tackle has been made and the defenceless player is on the ground. Players and coaches will soon get the...
  10. gazza

It was night for the Dogs Phil Gould | March 15, 2009

An extraordinary night for the Bulldogs. So extraordinary, in fact, I probably won't have space to refer to the Sea Eagles. The Bulldogs never stay down for long. They managed to get themselves into some trouble over the years but one thing they've never been afraid to do is make tough...