Team balanced?

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The TEAM list on the Bulldogs website lists 4 fullbacks, 5 wingers (and another on the way next season) and 1 centre! Is anyone in the know on the longer term plan? Presumably a few players will not have their contracts renewed next year.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've got no inside info but judging from how we've recruited, I reckon Meaney will go with Averillo being the backup FB and Hoppa will fill in at center on a shorter contract until we find another centre... I don't see Ogden being re-signed unless he shows some improvement.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the first year where we are actually rebuilding so I don’t think the team being that unbalanced would be a shock. We just have to wait until the right pieces to the puzzle come along. With that being said the players might not line up in the positions listed on the website we will know more when the round 1 teams are announced.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cortic was signed to play centre.

We have signed quality players in the 1 and 6 so Averillo may end as a starting centre.

Not sure where Shoupp is in his development, however by mid mid season we will have a good idea.

I think Hopoate’s future for a new 1 or 2 yr deal is dependant on the above plus his form this season in hopefully a much sharper team

Finally, Alamoti looks like he could make the grade in 2023 - I can’t wait to see him play Flegg later this year