Two Referees - What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I was impressed by the outcome from having the two referees. Firstly it will cut down on those arms around the kneck and head that has crept into the tackle, especially after the tackle has been made and the defenceless player is on the ground. Players and coaches will soon get the message and it will disappear. Manly kept doing it on Saturday and were penalised accordingly.
Secondly the game seemed to have less interruptions and less of the annoying video ref. The calls were made, the game flowed and it made no difference to the result.
Interested to know what other people think of the two ref system.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like it TBH. I wasn't a fan when they first introduced it but I don't mind it.

It rewards well disciplined teams (Like Canterbury) and punishes dirty teams (Manly and Melbourne. Just going by round 1 though.)

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point. Supports the disciplined players & teams.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Good point. Supports the disciplined players & teams.
What are you, a parrot? lol

Nah mate I like the system. You hardly notice them out there. They make decisions there and then, without referring to the Video ref for in-play indiscretions - which way slowing the game down. They don't get in each other's way. I initally thought it may slow the game down...Not at all

Status
Not open for further replies.