Search results

1. D

Opinion How many dogs make origin?

I think the only lock is probably Critta. I think if JAC has a good game against the tigers he might win back his spot. Burton might be a smokey for the 14 spot and Kiraz could be in the mix? Any others? So maybe 1-4. Luckily we should have the depth to cover them This year.
  2. D

Opinion Should we sign Angus Crichton?

Last year he was all over the shop and I wouldn't touch him, neither would Rugby Australia. However he seems to have recovered a bit. He is playing well, and from the footage I have seen his body language looks better and he seems to have a sparkle back in his eye. I know we have some depth in...
  3. D

Rabbitohs mishandling of Campbell Graham

Just imagine if this was us....He has a sternum injury that was clearly getting needled every week, got found out when he went to Blues camp. He then played for Rabbits a week or so later wtf? He still played 21 games for the year but missed out on playing for Australia in the Pacific...
  4. D

Jermaine Pangai

Anyone know if he is still around? Would he be in flegg this year. Apparently as big as his brother, also is he any good?
  5. D

News AIS Concussion Rule

I heard on the radio this morning that the AIS is recommending a 21 day stand down period for players suffering from a concussion in contact sports. How likely is it that the NRL follows suit? This is something to watch considering how light we are in the forwards and how prone the NRL is to...
  6. D

Opinion Zac Montgomery

Any chance this bloke will do a Preston this year. A prop who looked good in Flegg for roosters with Preston and he is still only 20/21. Looks to have a good one on one tackle as well.
  7. D

Opinion Should we extend Lipoi hopoi

I have really liked watching this guy play in the dogs games that have been on FOX and Facebook. According to what I have found it seems like we only have him contracted until the end of this year. I would even upgrade him to top 30 next year. He is starting prop this weekend in cup which will...
  8. D

Opinion Hip drops have us scared

Re watching the game it is clear our tackling technique is off. We were way too soft. No one was aiming up with a big shoulder. Their was too much catching and holding the players, however it was clear our players were then scared to then go in and tackle the legs to get the player on the...
  9. D

Opinion Forwards

With Davey now gone we need to buy or promote or resign in my opinion 4-5 forwards for next year. Personally I would resign Waddell for a 2 year just above minimum deal. On the fence with Thommo, would need to take a substantial pay cut. From reserves Hughes has looked a lot better and bigger...
  10. D

News Kiraz on grandstand

About to be on apparently
  11. D

Opinion NRL is like a deer in the headlights.

The tigers game last week exposed something the NRL didn’t want exposed. That is it is as clear as day the officials are told to try and engineer the right result. IMO it is not for betting it is to get the desired ladder heading into the finals for tv rights, biggest market etc. It has been...
  12. D

JAC’s try celebrations

Did some great ones today. Can’t help but think the slamming the phone down and stomping on it was a go at Freddy for not selecting him. Made me laugh.
  13. D

Opinion Nrl Draw

What the hell is the NRL doing honestly multiple rematches and it is only round 5! Completely insane. Also considering the lopsided nature of the draw for example the cows have played 1 top 8 side in the roosters from last year, while this week will mean we have already played the top 4 from...
  14. D

Opinion Nrl programs

Been trying to find some good ones but has been hard. Inside the nrl and nrl teams on the nrl app seem to have gone away. Last year did like hello sport but gone off them. Is the Thursday night footy show still a thing? Freddy and the 8th is pretty hard to watch and can’t stand nrl 360. Been...
  15. D

Opinion David Fafita

Fafita coathangered AD from the tigers and got 10 in the bin. Then the titans coach said he doesn't think he will should get suspended. This will be an interesting one to watch as almost identical to the Hetherington one. Hetherington got a grade 3 with 6 weeks before a plea. It will be really...
  16. D

Opinion Salary Cap isn't working

As has been pointed out in a few threads salary cap clearly is not wotking as intended. Instead of evening the comp it is keeping the bottom teams down. Bottom teams have to pay overs and long contracts that means they are stuck when the player under performs. There is hardly any change in the...
  17. D

Opinion Forward prospects

As been started in a few posts our forwards seem to be lacking. Our lads seem to be more of the impact type geared towards coming in after 20 and playing only 40 min a game. Also our recruits like Stimpson and Waddell seem to be bad readers in defence. Is there anyone coming through we should...
  18. D

Team for round 1 2022

I think we just need to embrace it! 1. Okanboh 2. Waddell 3. Reouf 4. Doorey 5.Brit 6. Jackson 7. Elliot 8. Ogden 9. Stimpson 10. Chris Smith 11. RFM 12. Thompson 13. Tolman
  19. D

Opinion Has Foran earnt a new contract

In the past 2 games. He has set up or scored 4 or so tries. Also the combination with Cogger, JMK and Joppa has meant for the first time all season we actually look capable of scoring some points. Although Cogger has been terrible in defence, hopefully they stick with this combo for the final...
  20. D

Opinion 6 again

What is everyone thought on the 6 again rule. I go back and forth from loving it to hating it. I feel it is just way to inconsistent and from watching on TV half the time play has moved on and you have no idea what the penalty was for. I definitly think they need to fine tune it for next year.
  21. D

No Source Team for 2021.

I have no facts just my opinion. I think we need to go after players on the outer at their current club rather than throw money at players like Cotic. Therefore I reckon we should go hard for Isaako, is on the outer at Broncos after an inconsistent season but is a gun..otherwise Alex Johnson...