Opinion NRL is like a deer in the headlights.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
The tigers game last week exposed something the NRL didn’t want exposed. That is it is as clear as day the officials are told to try and engineer the right result. IMO it is not for betting it is to get the desired ladder heading into the finals for tv rights, biggest market etc. It has been happening all year but has been particularly bad the last few weeks, because they want to get the right ladder a few weeks out, don’t want to leave it to the last game. Again the officiating in the tigers game was pathetic consistent forward passes out of dummy half for Brisbane as in crazy forward. The tigers had 3 challengers in a row in 2 min but the bunker dismissed the 3rd one for some bullshit reason. Lots of other bullshit calls like the Naden knock on that the bunker would have had time to see but didn’t over turn.
The NRL has some big challengers coming out of this week, how long do they suspend Cleary, Carrigan, king etc for. The tigers game shone a light into how the bottom teams are dudded the dual standards in officiating and in the match review committee and at the moment the NRL are like a dear in the headlights. It will be interesting which way they bounce and the consequences this week.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The tigers game last week exposed something the NRL didn’t want exposed. That is it is as clear as day the officials are told to try and engineer the right result. IMO it is not for betting it is to get the desired ladder heading into the finals for tv rights, biggest market etc. It has been happening all year but has been particularly bad the last few weeks, because they want to get the right ladder a few weeks out, don’t want to leave it to the last game. Again the officiating in the tigers game was pathetic consistent forward passes out of dummy half for Brisbane as in crazy forward. The tigers had 3 challengers in a row in 2 min but the bunker dismissed the 3rd one for some bullshit reason. Lots of other bullshit calls like the Naden knock on that the bunker would have had time to see but didn’t over turn.
The NRL has some big challengers coming out of this week, how long do they suspend Cleary, Carrigan, king etc for. The tigers game shone a light into how the bottom teams are dudded the dual standards in officiating and in the match review committee and at the moment the NRL are like a dear in the headlights. It will be interesting which way they bounce and the consequences this week.
Nah they are mostly incompetent. Some are biased by the home crowd whoever it is. But saying they engineered the Tigers loss is reaching. It relied on things like a Tigers player colliding with him at all to happen. If the tigers player hadn't even got near the cowboys player then what?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Space cadets top to bottom

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They have been way to reactionary for too long.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I somewhat agree with you as the NRL would be BANKING on Cowboys finishing 2nd and Donkeys 3rd for a QLD Derby up in Townsville in rd1 of the Finals.

But last weekends results throws a spanner in the works but at the same time the NRL was NEVER going to let the Tigers lose that game given the farce the week before.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like what Pete is doing to the NSW gov, they are deeply unpopular with an unpopular premier and with an election less than 12 months away he is holding many fans votes to ransom for stadium upgrades.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Now the QLD government want to take the grand final…..They better fucking well don’t as I have sorted airfares for this before prices go to shit

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like what Pete is doing to the NSW gov, they are deeply unpopular with an unpopular premier and with an election less than 12 months away he is holding many fans votes to ransom for stadium upgrades.
I honestly think we should be spending the money on hospitals and schools. I know a handful of people who need different surgeries (knee, wrist and hip surgeries) which they're on on waiting lists for. I know state of the art stadiums are a nice luxury. But they are a luxury as opposed to a necessity.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly think we should be spending the money on hospitals and schools. I know a handful of people who need different surgeries (knee, wrist and hip surgeries) which they're on on waiting lists for. I know state of the art stadiums are a nice luxury. But they are a luxury as opposed to a necessity.
It's not hospitals Alan, it's Doctors and Nurses that we are short of. Post pandemic we will see more UK nurses arriving as was the case pre Covid. Plus elective surgery times are cut at the moment to make sure there are enough staff for a Covid emergency. I had 2 elective surgeries last year and in both cases the availability of my chosen surgeon was what determined the time frame.

Every developed country in the world is suffering the same, we are living longer and using more elective surgeries to improve our quality of life.

Always a Bulldog

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get where you're coming from, but Pete is doing what he needs to do for the game and being ruthless about it, I like that.