Search results

1. A

Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

I don't the tigers prop comes to us. Is there a prop from the sharks coming to the dogs that might be released to fit in Fanua Blake?
  2. A

News How Female Pathways Dominance Has Canterbury Bulldogs Primed For Immediate NRLW Success

I suggest that everyone clicks on this guy and selects ignore. What an embarrassment!
  3. A

News How Female Pathways Dominance Has Canterbury Bulldogs Primed For Immediate NRLW Success

Not sure why you would never watch it? Strange? The defense in the women's game is old school, no wrestle, plenty of big hits. It's enjoyable. You should give it another go.
  4. A

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

I don't understand why he will only get a two week suspension. Isn't that what Morrin got? Morrin put a player in a dangerous position, no concussion, no injury, no reshuffle. South's player never left the field. Taffe missed the majority of last night's game and will miss next weeks.
  5. A

This will make you feel better

How many games have we lost players to the bin or for the game? Don't start giving the team stick because it was against 12. Enjoy the win, especially against the Rorters.
  6. A

This will make you feel better

What's wrong with everyone on here. We won!! Go the Dogs
  7. A

Dissallowed Kiks Try

If you are running at a gap, you have a defender on your outside and one on inside. By definition he is running on the inside shoulder of one player and the outside shoulder of another. If he stands in the line it's an obstruction. If he runs into the defender it's an obstruction. If the...
  8. A

Dissallowed Kiks Try

That was dumb by JWH but the fullback was never in a position to stop that try. I think the refs need to use some common sense with these calls.
  9. A

Dissallowed Kiks Try

I have to watch the replay. But from what I saw, the lead runner didn't run into the defender, not did he stand in the line. The defender coming across in cover chose to tackling him. If the defender doesn't tackle him the lead runner runs through the line.
  10. A

Dissallowed Kiks Try

That's my thought. He makes the decision to tackle.
  11. A

Dissallowed Kiks Try

Thoughts on this? Lead runner is tackled by the defender. He makes a tackle with a player without the ball. The defender makes a strange and illegal decision to tackle, but in the big picture it's a great decision because the refs rule obstruction. This was not a case of the defender being...
  12. A

Protecting the Player and Duty of Care

I think with "kick off's", the days are numbered. If the NRL is serious about minimising concussion, then they will look to change how we restart play. The guy taking the ball up is on a hiding to nothing. They might look at Rugby and make the restart a drop out (at least this would make each...
  13. A

News He’s going to be a great No. 6’: Ciraldo shuts down Burton move after Bulldogs star ruled out

Cmon guys. Laurie Daley, Brad Fitter, Greg Alexander, Andrew Johns. No idea. They can't coach a state team full of talent, now you want to take on value their opinion. Matty Johns, he's a comedian, never coached. Mark Geyer ditto. Braith Anasta, the guy can barely commentate. I'm surprised...
  14. A

News Dogs of Poor - Dean Ritchie

Get bent Ritchie. Lose the sarcasm. Please note half the teams lost this weekend. Let's write them off too. Dogs of Poor, how about Journo with no idea.
  15. A

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

Chris Anderson captained on the wing. Big Mal was only one player inside the winger.
  16. A

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

Putting aside his attributes as a leader, Crichton is a definite in the team. Everyone else needs to fight for their spot.
  17. A

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Trial No. 2 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Friday 8pm BSG

It's a trial so I wouldn't read too much into who starts. Hutch looked pretty solid in defence but I thought Sexton really dug into the line and helped our attack in that second half. Unless Taffe has a standout game I think Papalli gets the FB spot.
  18. A

In your opinion who is the most underrated Bulldogs player ever?

Sorry, for some reason I thought you were replying to my thoughts on Matt Ryan. Not sure what planet. :)
  19. A

He was great in 94,95. Injured 96. Leading try scorer in 97 (17 tries).
  20. A

Mick Potter - Don't think he played rep, there were more dynamic FB's in his time. Won GF's, GF with StGeorge, Dally M Awards Matt Ryan - Would carve up at fullback and centre, never played rep beyond city country. Robert Relf - Got us back in to the game in the final against StGeorge in 95...
  21. A

Being a Bulldog fan this week feels like.

I'm a fan of your fiance. Encourage her to keep up the good work.
  22. A

Mahoney In Presser

I understand the frustration, but I don't get the booing. I don't even get booing the opposition (unless provoked, or QLD). Barking at the Ref, yeah i get that, but booing your own team...... I think that crosses a line. It's your team. Think of the word "support". By booing are we supporting...
  23. A

Mahoney In Presser

Get off the bus boofhead!
  24. A

Mahoney In Presser

Fair point by Reed. Can't imagine booing my own team. That's embarrassing. The team's busting a gut, there not looking to get flogged and the boofheads want to boo. Suck it up sooks.
  25. A

Something wrong with the Dogs or Rugby League?

Didn't watch it. Don't intend to. 66 zip. Big blowouts this weekend and the last few weeks. It's like footy when they introduced the six again rule. Big margins, one sided games. Did the Rep games at the start of the season hide the disparity of the teams? Is there something wrong with footy?
  26. A

Weakest team in history of NRL

Typical thread from a marshmallow. To the boofheads on here that continually bag the team get over it, suck it up. Same clowns would be finding something to criticise if we won. I don't care about your passion, your dented pride. I don't want to hear that you can't except mediocrity. Roll...
  27. A

Reality check - We are still far off

Three wins out of the 8. Should have won a couple more, could have been one win out of the 8 which is disappointing. Better than where we were in the past 3 seasons. Take into account the players missing also.
  28. A

Matt Burton Fullback?

He is or best halfback at the moment. If we get a better half, he slots in to 5/8. He is a decent half and would be better with some experience around him. I don't understand the flack he cops on here.
  29. A

SACK FITTLER!

New coach required! He has had the best group of players since he started coaching NSW. They looked bunched in attack. Execution poor. Players tried hard, just need some better heads in the coaches box.
  30. A

SACK FITTLER!

Sack Joey too. Get stand his commentary either.
  31. A

Explain to me the appeal of Alamoti?

Another thread to bag the players out. Hey we got two points last week, you should be happy. Here is a positive, Dogs Vs Dragons, the game is tight and there is a big dragons back rower steam rolling his way down field. Alomoti snaps him, the guy doesn't get up.
  32. A

Does Burton have the potential to finally be the answer to our long running #7 problem?

Matty is our best option at halfback at the moment. He has some great moments. Only young.
  33. A

Burton is just a centre (March 23)

Seem to be scoring plenty of tries off his kicks. I agree it would be nice to see him kick long a lot more. I think it would make his bomb more effective also. We often have players offside and can't take advantage when the ball is left to bounce. Players need to be clear when he is going to...
  34. A

News NRL 2023: Josh Reynolds referee abuse apology, Phil Gould reaction | Daily Telegraph

I guess most of those 3000 punters had tipped the Dragons.
  35. A

Backline next year?

Xerri is depth.
  36. A

Opinion Casey vs Dragons

I thought we won today? Let's celebrate. Maybe leave the criticism until mid week. Down with the downers on the kennel.
  37. A

Resolving our Halfback situation. An analysis.

Thurston at the start of his career seemed to be always running, always caught with the ball. I don't mind if Karl comes in at half back and thinks run. It is only going to make his passing game stronger. I am sure that CC will pick the right time to promote him. In the mean time, maybe Flanno...
  38. A

Opinion Schoupp passing to Fox

I think you are a bit hard on Schouppe. Just watched the replay, there weren't too many opportunities to pass on to the Fox. The one time he did (in the first 5 min) Carr was in front of him and it would have been a certain try. I think Schouppe was probably in a better position to catch that...
  39. A

2022 State of Origin Game 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Maybe Freddy should think twice about carving up a team or club in commentary. The footy Gods have spoken.
  40. A

Gould Blows up, runs Training session

Another rubbish article. This stuff happens in every work place. If you need a hand or another point of view, you ask someone, you get help, and they are usually more experienced or higher in the food chain. Hey journos, its called collaboration. The conversation probably went something like...
  41. A

Official We are now last

2 wins out of the top eight.
  42. A

Josh Jackson

"Jackson has to go" "JMK has to go" "Baz has to go" "Flannel has to go". FMD. Sick of this. Bad enough the team loses but go get on here and read this stuff its depressing. And it's poor form too. Gotta think about your feedback and add something constructive. Eg. Unless there is a better...
  43. A

Lets stop blaming the officiating and realize we're a poorly coached team

Loser talk? Now you're having a go at the fans as well.
  44. A

Official NO EFFORT

Dumb thread.
  45. A

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

Wow, can't believe this is what we are talking about. We looked great until the sin bin. Some bitter opinions here.
  46. A

Gerard Sutton

Let the meltdown begin.
  47. A

Gerard Sutton

Can't this ref just let them play footy. He has just ruined the game.
  48. A

News You'd like your halfback with hands on the footy': Barrett finally addresses big flaw in Bulldogs' attack

Never said the issues were new. The opposite. The many issues have been there for years. The point is the criticism is never balanced.
  49. A

News You'd like your halfback with hands on the footy': Barrett finally addresses big flaw in Bulldogs' attack

Lots of doom and gloom on here, kick the while they're down. You guys need to stop watching Fox Sports and all those scary looking stats. First two or three games this year the dogs looked a lot better than last year in both defence and attack. I enjoyed watching them with the ball in hand. I...
  50. A

News Barrett’s viral one-word reply has the NRL talking

That didn't happen in the press conference did it. And that's what everyone is talking about. Everyone on this forum has an opinion and I don't think this journos is any better. It's pretty easy to sit and throw stones. Maybe he should give up his job, step up and join the training staff.
  51. A

Go away, that's ridiculous. Getting tips from Journos, are you kidding? Surely every club has a geek breaking down the stats and looking for ways to improve performance. This guy gives one stat (number of touches) without any context (possession, field position etc). It's a misleading stat on...
  52. A

To start with the single stat was ridiculous. And comparing different games/quality of opponents/conditions/possesion/field position, it's apples and oranges. You can't make a genuine analysis of our attack with one stat from the game. Great to ask a genuine question, but I think it was...
  53. A

Opinion Change up for round 6

No more changes. Just get better.
  54. A

News ‘Who is actually running this team?’: Bulldogs under scrutiny after Gus admits to Flanagan call

Who's running the team? Baz: "Do you think he is ready?" Gus: "Yes" Baz: "So do I. I'm going to pick him this week." End of story. Media beats it up and we read/ listen to the dribble. They are cockroaches. Most sports journalists write fiction to sell papers. Most commentators like the...
  55. A

Opinion What I would do for this round 5 clash

Looked good in the first two games. Just need some time to gel. Not so many changes. Stay cool kennel. Naden back to centre on Carr's wing. Strong runner, he just needs to look to pass and that will come. Keep Jacko at lock, I would like to see him play some front row too late in games. Sub...
  56. A

Jackson ... Verdict?

First guy I pick. Easy. First 3 games the team looked good and Jacko played great. We were never in it with Melbourne. I was pissed but you can't pin the blame on one player. Get over it. Can't believe the reactions or even why this is a topic of discussion.
  57. A

News Bulldogs general manager of football Phil Gould shuts down speculation over coach Trent Barrett's future

Is this a fans forum? I think it's been infiltrated by people working on behalf of the daily telecrap or other clubs like the rorters. Need to weed these guys out. Enjoy the win and support the team. Go the Dogs!
  58. A

James Tedesco branded racist

Please remove image.
  59. A

Didn't catch the women's game this year. As you said, it's a waste of time going through official channels.
  60. A

Re-read what I said.
  61. A

If Tedesco said this, the guy is a boofhead and should know better. Insulting her on her asian appearance, that is racism. Its not a joke, it is belittling. That is, if he said it And if he did say it, it is not attention seeking, she is just standing up for herself, and good on her. I think...
  62. A

Opinion Was Josh Reynolds our best ever 6? If not who was better??

Lamb. Reynolds/Anasta/Dymock Didn't T-Rex play a few games at 6? Would have liked to have seen Kasiano play there.
  63. A

THANK YOU ALL.

I have been a fan for a long time and for me it has never been an "expectation of success" for this club. Always competitive, always thinking we are a good chance. Never a favourite, never a star studded team full of rep players. It was about a team/club/supporters that believed they could win...
  64. A

Rumour James Maloney

Josh Reynolds anyone?
  65. A

Apologies

It's a record breaking year for teams at the extremes. Don't just blame the club.
  66. A

Apologies

I'd like to apologise to Vlandys for saying this..... has ruined the game for me. I would like to apologise to the refs, particularly Sutton for the hatred I have unleashed for all those random 6 agains. Can I also apologise to Freddy, John's and all the other journalists who I labelled...
  67. A

That's awesome research, so keep breaking it down. Do a comparison of Foran vs without Foran against top 8 teams for those seasons (points difference), and rounds played. I know we won a fair few games at the back end of the season when the pressure wasn't the same. Did Foran play in those...
  68. A

According to your maths, when Foran was playing, we won a quarter of our games. So that's a big loss isn't it.
  69. A

You can't heap all the blame on the coach and it is unfair to compare him with other coaches. The dogs have an in experienced spine with a number of backs and forwards that should and will be moved on. Injuries and rule changes have only exacerbated our deficiencies. Yes they are professionals...
  70. A

Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

Wow, great to see your passionate. Maybe have a think before you write and add something sensible to the discussion. As Nathan Brown said "use your big head".
  71. A

Bennett blames toxic workplace environment for clubs performing badly (He will never coach us)

Unfortunately for Bennett, Vlandy's has conceded that the six again rule has lead to the blowouts. Bennett is wrong and is simply defending his idea. How does he explain a competition where teams within the top 4 (well managed and good rosters) can spank each other by 50. This isn't simply poor...
  72. A

Fox Sports TPJ

What about Blake Ferguson as a back rower? The game is getting faster, he has size and speed. A bit like Luke Lewis shifting from wing to the forwards.
  73. A

Opinion Aside from us losing regularly, What is your “ pet hate “ in the NRL ?

One sided results and the cockroaches in the media who take every opportunity to give this club a spray (especially Brad Fittler).
  74. A

Mitchell Pearce wedding to Kristin Scott called off over text message scandal

Newy is a great place. I guess you haven't visited lately. As for Kempsey, well let's just say there is a good reason they built a bypass for that town. Actually takes longer to use the bypass.
  75. A

Bellamy

Cam Smith won't play (one team player) . He will coach the dogs with Bellamy as director. Let's see if it happens. And if this is true, who do they bring with them? Who is off contract?
  76. A

Hit list 2021

Prop - Jesse Bromwich (experience, end of career reduced dollars) + Thommo Hooker - Grant (big deal $$) Second Row - CHN, Blake Ferguson Lock - Jackson Halves - keep Foran and Wakeham Centre - K Stagg/ Hoppa Wing - Smith + DWZ Fullback - Averillo (Meaney backup) Reserves - RFM, C Smith, JMK...
  77. A

The coaching shortlist

Coaching Director - Bellamy Head Coach - Cameron Smith Assistant - Greg Eastwood
  78. A

Board needs to go

- Failed to sign a major sponsor Had one until Port Macquarie - Failed to make any major signings for 2021, besides Luke Thompson No Money. Lets see what happens next season. - Led the club to a probable wooden spoon Yes. It is good to win something. - Extended Pay’s contract for a year Good...
  79. A

2008 team Vs 2020

Alzz is not only keen on giving it to the club, but also the forum members. Got to be proud of your work.
  80. A

CANTERBURY FANS’ PLAN TO MAUL BOARD

I'm confused, I thought that our dire situation was the result of Des and the last board? Why are we calling for heads to roll when things will be on the improve next season?Our juniors are stronger than they were under Des, we are expecting some shake ups in the coaching staff (no disrespect to...
  81. A

News We won't make a rash call': Bulldogs boss opens up about Pay's future

I guess if he had a good start to the year they may have signed him, who knows. I'm sure Pay knew that. He hasn't got the results, but the club will retain him until the end of the year. I think that shows support.
  82. A

News We won't make a rash call': Bulldogs boss opens up about Pay's future

Liked what Lynne had to say. There is a lot of pressure from the media and "fans" to sack the coach and most of the squad. I guess that's what the media is paid to do and fans are just reactionary. That's why we are on sites like this and not managing the club. I like how the club is solid and...
  83. A

Have you lost faith in this board?

Guess you have to be a great player to be a great coach. Thanks for the pearls super coach.
  84. A

The point is the criticism by the so called fans on this site is outrageous. Everyone knew that these past few seasons were going to be poor. Criticism is fine when it is constructive, but if you want to jump on and slag the team off, especially after a win then you are not really a fan. So...
  85. A

How good!!

Nice to get a win, feel happy for the team and Pay. Should give them some confidence. Amazed at the "fans" on this forum still wanting to lay the boot into the team and coach. Maybe they should consider following Melbourne or the Roosters. Enjoy the win.
  86. A

Faith? Are you faithful? Are you guys only there for the good times? The fans, the punters, the experts all new that until 2021 the dogs are favourites for the spoon. The team had a good run at the end of last year and just missed the eight. Then Foran gets injured and we lose CHN and Okunbur...
  87. A

Opinion The 'Rebuild' Is A Disaster

Everyone knew that there was going to be some bad times until 2021 when we can start to make some decent signings. I think the boards only option was to look at building the junior teams and I think the junior teams were doing quiet well this year. That's good for the future. The first grade...
  88. A

Ennis wants the dogs to sign Reynolds again. Shut yo mouth fool!!

The way Ennis bags the club, he must be a regular on this forum.
  89. A

News The best is yet to come for Wakeham: Henderson

I think the club is going to do the right thing by these guys and put some experience and some passion around them. For the right price, Reynolds wouldn't be a bad signing (especially if the tigers are chipping in) at hooker. Reynolds to rotate with JMK. Less time on the field to give them some...
  90. A

News The best is yet to come for Wakeham: Henderson

I think the club is going to do the right thing by these guys and put some experience and some passion around them. For the right price, Reynolds wouldn't be a bad signing (especially if the tigers are chipping in) at hooker. Reynolds to rotate with JMK. Less time on the field to give them some...
  91. A

Opinion If our roster is so bad...

Dumb comment. What do you expect when for the last two seasons we have been shedding our better players. Last year it was the Morris brothers and Klemmer. We are going ok. Embrace the bad times, it will make the good times sweeter.
  92. A

Opinion My Team for next week

Drop Brown. Holland picks up his bench spot. Decent runner out of dummy half, can play footy. Lewis to centre, played a bit in reserves. Solid defender, nice kick in behind the line. Montoya out to wing. Drop Elliot. CHN comes back in to side.