The coaching shortlist

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Dymock is back in the picture, willing to make the tough calls when needed, more of a football brain than Pay... possibly with Bennett in a position to over see things and attract talent
Every time a coaching spot pops up Dymock applies because he can't get past the interview stage.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Going off simple logic Holdbrook is far more rubbish than Pay.
Better roster than us, sitting lower than us, flogged bu a team we just flogged. No, no and no.
I’m starting to think the only way out of this horrendous mess is Bellamy. Bennett is past it.
Griffin and Toovey pretty much the best of a bad bunch but will not have nowhere the impact as Bellamy.
I think Holbrook walked into a bigger mess than Pay. At least we have a proud tradition behind us.
Titans are just a league wasteland. Not sure they have had any actual talent, bar a couple, the rest are just over hyped or over paid.
If it comes down to another rookie I am in favour of Holbrook rather than some that have been suggested as he has been at the club so knows our back of house systems. He has also spent time as a head coach which is more encompassing than an assistant.

Do we really want a rookie with no Bulldogs "DNA" to be hands on in building our next dynasty?

Having said that, linking Dymock with an ageing mentor like Bennett or "mastermind" like Gould could well be the left field masterstroke we need to b3st utilize our war chest. It is too late now to give Pay this sort of assistance now.

Bellamy is a pipe dream sadly

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
You didn't hear this from me but this is the coaching shortlist being considered. Pretty much in order.

1. Bellamy
2. Bennett
3. Holbrook
4. Kearney
5. Daley
6. Dean Pay
7. Jason Taylor
8. Kristian Woolf

Remember where you heard it first.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jason Taylor wouldnt be getting too many offers from anyone else due to his previous issues with man management. He seems to me however to have a superior tactical understanding of the game than anyone else on that list though. maybe he has learned from his mistakes. At the least he would be an upgrade on Pay and would get us scoring points. He wouldnt be a big drawcard for recruiting top line players though but hey what’s to lose?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s just hope he gets the call that ends it all..!! Him an Kearney can chat about it together.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Jason Taylor wouldnt be getting too many offers from anyone else due to his previous issues with man management. He seems to me however to have a superior tactical understanding of the game than anyone else on that list though. maybe he has learned from his mistakes. At the least he would be an upgrade on Pay and would get us scoring points. He wouldnt be a big drawcard for recruiting top line players though but hey what’s to lose?
Jason Taylor is a great assistant coach. Can get his ideas across and dissect play so players know what to look for. He can't man manage to get the best out of the team.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's an excellent assistant / attacking coach... Anyone who doubts that is just letting his tenure as a head coach cloud their judgement

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm surprised Nathan Brown isn't in the mix. Newcastle were screwed by Bennett like Des screwed us but he managed to put together a pretty good roster in similar circumstances. He seems to have a good football brain and has done well in the Super League. Could be worth considering.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Bennet would be perfect to rebuild this roster. He is tight with a lot of Broncos players...imagine if he could land us Fifita, Pengai Jr and Staggs

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Bennet would be perfect to rebuild this roster. He is tight with a lot of Broncos players...imagine if he could land us Fifita, Pengai Jr and Staggs
OK..... Imagined

Still not impressed

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Coaching Director - Bellamy
Head Coach - Cameron Smith
Assistant - Greg Eastwood