Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This isn't true at all.

Hughes QLD reject.
Papenhuyzen Tigers let him walk.
Munster we rejected him when offered to us LOL.
Hynes Manly reject (Baz lol).
Smith pinched from Cowboys.

The Storm identify players and Bellamy takes them to another level.
Even Brenko Lee and Reimis Smith looking good.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course, was only a matter of time until this thread got bumped on here…

Firstly, the refs were f###ed up yet again, we seem to regularly be on the end of misfortune in this area and I don’t know why.

Was it TB that coughed up possession without much pressure around him? No, that was Katoa and Averillo… was it TB that put in sh!tty grubber kicks, no that was mainly Averillo…
Was it TB that was I’ll-disciplined, no, that was Hetherington and others being clueless…
Was it TB not passing the ball to unmarked wingers, no, that was inexperience…

Execution and ill discipline are on the players.
One thing TB can do is hook Hetherington, I’m super over his sh!t, he provides good energy but it’s offset by giving away possession and meters through countless penalties.
Was it TBaz that has failed to improve 1 player all year? Yes it was!

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whether you like it or not our coach for next year is set.. if we change now we can forget the next four years. all our eggs are in the Barrett basket.
Well Barrett doesn’t look at all good after this
Game. Madge is fighting for his job for West Tigers, and he and his team had no problems with our team. Barrett needs to pull his finger out and coach his team to victory. He can’t keep hiding behind the team list.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So we sack Barrett. Then What?
We are restructuring with Gus the juniors the board is stable. The ceo is doing a reasonable job and sponsor are looking solid.
Who do we sack next?
Or do we take a honest look at the players. With most leaving in key positions at end of year I.e dummy half.
Several here have mentioned Melbourne.
Well look at there 7,1 and 9 all solid if not too 2 in comp. our 1,7 and 9 all look like leaving. Add Hoppa past it sadly. Being shown respect by letting him stay see out his current contract. Future players recognise loyalty. As well as dollars
Don’t sell the farm for a short term fix it won’t work long term

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So we sack Barrett. Then What?
We are restructuring with Gus the juniors the board is stable. The ceo is doing a reasonable job and sponsor are looking solid.
Who do we sack next?
Or do we take a honest look at the players. With most leaving in key positions at end of year I.e dummy half.
Several here have mentioned Melbourne.
Well look at there 7,1 and 9 all solid if not too 2 in comp. our 1,7 and 9 all look like leaving. Add Hoppa past it sadly. Being shown respect by letting him stay see out his current contract. Future players recognise loyalty. As well as dollars
Don’t sell the farm for a short term fix it won’t work long term
Get an actual NRL coach. We literally picked up the coach with the worst record in game lol.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett needs to get the big stick out. He has been too soft so far. It's time to change & force the players to change their attitude or ask for a release
This will be orchestrated by Sir Gus.
In Gus, we trust.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Disagree. It’s an improvement on last years squad and there’s a handful of teams with comparable squads to ours. Broncos, Tigers, Warriors etc.

There’s absolutely no excuse to be travelling as badly as we are.
No way an improvement Horse, no way mate. Even in 2018 and 2019 the squad was much much better. From 2018 to 2021 the amount of FG experienced players has diminished every year. Even Montoya as shit as he was ran harder than Allen. Waddell is shithouse, Flanagan vs Foran is also a no brainer. Cotric has missed most of the season, Hethrington has costs more penalties and repeat sets more than anyone.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Game. Madge is fighting for his job for West Tigers, and he and his team had no problems with our team. Barrett needs to pull his finger out and coach his team to victory. He can’t keep hiding behind the team list.
I agree, it’s a results driven business and next year in particular, he has no more exemption passes.

In his defence, he’s got our best forward out suspended, the clubs best and fairest RFM has been out injured, our best back in Cotric is unavailable, we can’t seem to get our halves right albeit TB knows Lewis is our best option but needs to invest in the guys who will be here next season and lastly, it’s well documented more than half the team will not be at the club. It’s difficult to strike up culture under the circumstances.

But hey, that doesn’t mean you stop coaching and find a way to be more competitive, motivate and show some innovation. The point on seeing improvement, I get that’s why we’re frustrated..

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
You can't heap all the blame on the coach and it is unfair to compare him with other coaches. The dogs have an in experienced spine with a number of backs and forwards that should and will be moved on. Injuries and rule changes have only exacerbated our deficiencies.
Yes they are professionals, but it must be hard to get the team up to compete in games when half the squad is being moved on. These guys aren't being picked up by other teams.
Baz and the board have recruited well for next year and there might be a few more solid signings. These guys are coming want to play under Baz. There are some good young players coming through also.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two things can be true. The squad we have isn’t good enough and Tbaz might not be a NRL coach.

We know this current roster isn’t good enough but the problem is we will have to risk wasting another year with a better roster to find out if Tbaz can coach. I’m not sure how anyone could be confident in Tbaz after this year.
We might not waste the entire season if things go to shit early on.
Gus might pull the pin way before September.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get an actual NRL coach. We literally picked up the coach with the worst record in game lol.
So we trust Gus to make the hard calls. But he isn’t with Barrett. And he needs sacking immediately?
I’m not happy with the results. And to be honest throughout life I don’t agree with everyone all the time but I don’t wipe them all.
Let’s just take a breath let the club and Gus do his job. If he does it well Barrett will work it self out.
I’m not saying keep him or sack him. I’m saying let’s place faith in the people running the club.
Remember players we are excited about have stated they come because of Baz. Like Burton. If Baz goes do we loose engagement with him?
I don’t know the answer but I’m sure Gus does. And he will I suggest take all that into account before making decisions
Love the passion our supporters never fail to deliver but

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s got probably 10-12 rounds next year if all players are fit to make his case as a coach. Doesn’t matter how much anyone wants him gone the club will not move him on before then but Gus also won’t sit around doing nothing and let the team head into 23 with the same results.
I tend to agree with your timeline for next season.
The management have gone out and spent some decent dollars on bringing in new players to Belmore in 22 but will expect results within reason.
In saying that we need our best playing every week not being suspended and some luck regarding long term injuries which can also be detrimental.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No matter the circumstances, failing to avoid the wooden spoon is unacceptable. Certainly failing to avoid it by about 4+ wins, which is looking likely

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No way an improvement Horse, no way mate. Even in 2018 and 2019 the squad was much much better. From 2018 to 2021 the amount of FG experienced players has diminished every year. Even Montoya as shit as he was ran harder than Allen. Waddell is shithouse, Flanagan vs Foran is also a no brainer. Cotric has missed most of the season, Hethrington has costs more penalties and repeat sets more than anyone.
Who’s fault is that? Allen wasn’t going this horrifically last year and has been shuffled across 3 different positions this year that I’m sure hasn’t helped. This is all on Barrett who’s signed him on good coin and released Montoya to another club to play for probably less than half of what we’re paying Allen.

Re: Foran, we got a minuscule total of 40 games out of him across 3 years whilst crippling our cap on his $1M/year contract. And guess how many games we won of the 40 he played? 11!! Wow what a huge luxury that was having him around. I’d argue he was more than double the handicap that Flanagan currently is. Triple the salary for just as little actual impact.

Hetherington another Barrett blunder. Cotric delivered precious little while he was fit so don’t act like he’s been some major loss. He’s another one who’s regressed under Barrett’s tutelage.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Madge is ripping into the players in tales from tiger town. Meanwhile Flanno is buying latte's for Baz at Belmore.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
No matter the circumstances, failing to avoid the wooden spoon is unacceptable. Certainly failing to avoid it by about 4+ wins, which is looking likely
We deserve it and all of the embarrassment it brings. Completely unacceptable year regardless of the cattle and a fail by all at the club.

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Who’s fault is that? Allen wasn’t going this horrifically last year and has been shuffled across 3 different positions this year that I’m sure hasn’t helped. This is all on Barrett who’s signed him on good coin and released Montoya to another club to play for probably less than half of what we’re paying Allen.

Re: Foran, we got a minuscule total of 40 games out of him across 3 years whilst crippling our cap on his $1M/year contract. And guess how many games we won of the 40 he played? 11!! Wow what a huge luxury that was having him around. I’d argue he was more than double the handicap that Flanagan currently is. Triple the salary for just as little actual impact.

Hetherington another Barrett blunder. Cotric delivered precious little while he was fit so don’t act like he’s been some major loss. He’s another one who’s regressed under Barrett’s tutelage.
According to your maths, when Foran was playing, we won a quarter of our games. So that's a big loss isn't it.