Search results

1. Grunthos

It's time for a new club/supporters song!

In light of the jealousy and conspiracy theories surrounding the dogs build up to the 2023 seasons and beyond, I think it's fitting we have a new club/supporters song. (Sung to the tune of "Oh my darling clementine") "No one likes us no one likes us where the Bulldogs and we don't care! Where...
  2. Grunthos

"FOOOOOOD!" Post your culinary masterpieces here!

And to kick off this new thread, something for the schnitzel lovers out there, yes yes I know, the humble schnity is considered by many to be nothing less than the crass and syphilitic bastard son of the devil; but come onnnn who doesn't love em?! What you see here in all their lemon herbed...
  3. Grunthos

Cheats Caught at Fishing Competition.

Well, if you can't win by cheating, win by cheating more... https://www.sharonherald.com/news/hermitage-angler-at-center-of-fishing-cheating-scandal/article_2235e3b4-41ad-11ed-b2e1-731c43c95bc1.html Makes you think if they had been suspected of doing this for years why hadn't anyone checked...
  4. Grunthos

Lets Play, "Your No1 Pick-up line..."

Ok you romantic (horny) Kennelers, what is your No1 pick-up line. Grunthos shall get the ball rolling. "Behold, and rejoice, for you are most blessed amongst all women, for I am the angel Gabriel sent to you by lord God almighty to do some very serious, heavenly bonking!"
  5. Grunthos

Michael Potter announced as interim Head Coach of the Bulldogs...

Let's see how he goes, he has the rest of the season to audition for a permanent gig...
  6. Grunthos

It's St. Valentines Day.

Feb 14 The eve of the Roman feast of Lupercalia. Naked youths would run through Rome, anointed with the blood of sacrificed dogs and goats, waving thongs cut from the goats. If a young woman was struck by the thong, fertility was assured. Pope Gelasius 1st decided this was all a bit too much...
  7. Grunthos

"It's a conspiracy I tells ya!"

"The Truth!" It's a conspiracy I tells ya! In lite of this 9/11 anniversary I have dusted off an old essay I wrote a few years ago and updated it (its in a couple of parts,) PART ONE: Just a thought. When you think about it, if...
  8. Grunthos

Make a coffee and enjoy a master craftsman at work!

As I said, "Make a coffee, sit back and enjoy a master craftsman at work!"
  9. Grunthos

Just incase you missed it. The "Living Pictogram" 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Just in case you missed it. The "Living Pictogram" MPG 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
  10. Grunthos

Should the NRL sever ties with Gambling sponsorship?

Does big money sponsorship bring corruption to the game? They will tell you how much the game needs the sponsorships to grow but is this at the cost of its integrity?
  11. Grunthos

"With AT-ATs to the Reich" By Grunthos

A Lost History: "With AT-ATs to the Reich" By Grunthos Above: Inspection before Barbarossa. Below: On maneuvers, SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer Wittman labors with...
  12. Grunthos

Part 4: Friendly advice to Virgin coaches. or “So you really want to herd cats into a wheelbarrow!?"

The final installment! The Big Game! Make sure that your manager has told everyone when, where and who we are playing and to be at the ground no less than 30 minutes before kick-off and to make sure that everyone has their gear. This is the sole and only reason why God created SMS, e-mail, and...
  13. Grunthos

Part 3 of Friendly advice to Virgin coaches. or “So you really want to herd cats into a wheelbarrow!?"

Part 3: Gearing up! 1: Mouthguard Compulsory for training and games in all grades from U6 to Golden oldies! There are many brands and types, from the dentist, fitted variety going for one hundred plus dollars to the $8 K-Mart cheapy. All will help keep the Ivory in the player's head. There can...
  14. Grunthos

Part 2 of Friendly advice to Virgin coaches. or “So you really want to herd cats into a wheelbarrow!?"

Part two. Setting the pace: Mum and Dad need to be aware that you are a volunteer Rugby coach, not a childminder or occupational therapist! At the beginning of each year, a responsible coach should “Read the riot act!” In other words, let everyone, players and parents know how you want to run...
  15. Grunthos

Friendly advice to Virgin coaches. or “So you really want to herd cats into a wheelbarrow!?"

(I wrote this several years ago when I was asked to put a manual together for new coaches at the club I was with a season or two before retiring as a coach myself and came across it a couple of days ago. I have partly cleaned it up but please forgive the bad spelling and dodgy grammar and keep...
  16. Grunthos

Bull Dogs Miss Out Again!

DateLine Belmore: And long-suffering Canterbury-Bankstown fans have to swallow yet another bitter pill when their beloved dogs failed again to secure the points from this week's buy!" "I'm gutted!" bemoaned a deeply disappointed coach Barret. "The boys turn up for each other time and again and...
  17. Grunthos

"Do not call register."

Are you pissed off and fed up with, "Felicity" (who sounds more like Fatima) trying to sell you an upgrade to your government solar rebate or "Jack" (who sounds more like Jamal) from Microsoft security warning you that your computer has been hacked and he needs access to your system to save you...
  18. Grunthos

BEHOLD! "Bella" the Bulldog loving cat!

This is a new edition to the house of Grunthos, "Bella" a ragdoll cat that loves to watch videos of her beloved Bulldogs!
  19. Grunthos

Vaccinations!

Just came back from the nurse and the entire family had a flu shot. Though this does not protect us against Covid 19 it will help protect us from a possible double whammy if we get exposed to both strains of the flu. Guys, don't delay fellow kennelers, get it done asap. 8-)
  20. Grunthos

"Australian Wildlife, The Shocking Truth!"

Well fellow doggies my book is finally out! "Australian Wildlife, The Shocking Truth!" As we all know Australian beasts are carnivorous by nature and vicious by choice and whether it grows, swims, flies, crawls, slithers, hops or glides etc; it will either kill you, kill you then eat you...
  21. Grunthos

A blast from the past!

This is a little bit of history that will bring fond memories. Don't worry fellow doggies, we will be back!
  22. Grunthos

The boys are back in town! New Signings for 2019-20!

Exciting news from Belmore today as three of its favorite sons will be in the starting line up for the 2019-20 sessions. Steve Mortimer, Terry Lamb and George Peponis have all signed on the dotted line for the next two years and will be key players in a new look Bulldogs squad! "I'm overjoyed to...
  23. Grunthos

Woods and Montoya, need I say more...

Well done Mr Woods, you lost yet another game for us by giving away yet another dumb penalty and Mr Montoya needs to learn how to be a winger!