Search results

1. W

Lewis and Cleeland Now!

It's sadly not going to happen brother . Pay's hands are tied due to the tier 2 salary cap.
  2. W

Lynne Anderson Interview

The family club there for the benefit of the family.......
  3. W

Warren Mac Donald

He's really good for our club. He'll get us out of the shit Raelene put us in
  4. W

So that's what Kris Keating is doing.

He was terrific for us. Hasler f****d his career as well
  5. W

Filter on footy show!

Fitter is still seething from that 2004 GF as it didn't run to script. He's had a red carpet ride throughout his adult life and now he gets gifted an Origin team on the brink of consecutive years of success. Not only Fittler but they all love it when the Dogs lose games. They'll laugh this year...
  6. W

The "I think I'm done" thread.

Does anyone know our win/loss ratio when G Sutton has officiated ? He basically blew the Broncos back into the game
  7. W

Can someone explain our salary cap situation

I believe all this salary cap stuff in the media is a beat up by the new hierarchy . There're playing politics with the members and trying to play down our hopes for this season and then next season we miraculously turn it around all thanks to the new board. What a crock of s**t we're being fed.
  8. W

Changes for next week

I'd sadly drop both Montoya and big Danny. Too many mistakes from him and Montoya has lost his mojo
  9. W

Des has coached his last NRL club

I'm of the belief that the financial side of the Bulldogs football club operations has left Hasler's career in tatters and basically left him unemployable. Does anyone else agree considering both the Bulldogs and Manly have been decimated by the negligence and sheer selfishness of this bonus...
  10. W

Marcelo Montoya interview coming up on 9

Marcelo Montoya has been fantastic since his debut last season ( Hasler got that one right ). His aggression was awesome . Inglis just expects to walk all over people at will but Montoya got in his face almost all game.
  11. W

Fualalo and Tualau.

I'd be inclined to give either Lachlan Burr or Ogden a go. They've been solid in NSW cup.
  12. W

Moronic footy team

We had heaps of decisions go against us today and we still came within reach of winning that game , very frustrating. Don't let me hear of anyone calling for the Morris boys to be cut loose next year. These guys are awesome , total class. I'd let them decide when to retire , they'll never let...
  13. W

Nu Brown

Classic comment......lol I agree with you brother
  14. W

Play the ball penalties

I can't speak for anyone else on this forum but I have no problem with teams getting nicked for for an incorrect play the balls and it happened to both sides tonight but can someone tell me why the Burgess twin wasn't penalised for an incorrect play the ball which directly led to Souths match...
  15. W

Adam Elliott - I’m done

He's been rather average this season. It may be time for a stint in NSW cup
  16. W

Frawley gone

I'm ok with Deano dropping Frawley but Jeremy Marshall King missed his first two tackles also and one of his misses led to Cronk's try. Hope we get some madness soon
  17. W

BULLDOGS BITE: Who will Canterbury Bulldogs fans blame now that Des Hasler is gone?

Must've been a very slow news day for Bulldog Ritchie. Was he not aware of the considerable clout Des Hasler had at the club over that 6 yr period where his players were basically walking robots ? Our attack was disgraceful and I do recall the odd opinion piece by Ritchie who pointed out the...
  18. W

Consolidated Leagues Club Board Election Thread (Coorey Chairman P29)

Are either of you gentlemen aware of what financial windfall certain individuals would've received had the Bulldogs Oasis project come to fruition ? Let's not throw stones regarding jobs for families etc Maybe you fellas should dig up some articles regarding the public inquiry which happened...
  19. W

It doesn't look like the most trustworthy image does it juicydog ? Well I believe we need Saintly figures like Gary McIntyre at the club reinventing themselves.
  20. W

Woods charged by Match review committee ??

It's all bullshit. F****n Gerrard Sutton
  21. W

Yes it is the family club my friend , but it's for the benefit of the family.
  22. W

Sorry Lynne but your constant threats of illegality is utter rubbish. Your late father changed the constitution at will whenever it suited him. The born to rule mentality displayed by the Anderson led ticket has been sickening. You've proven how amateurish you are because Dr Peponis has...
  23. W

Favours do need to be repaid don't they Lynne ?
  24. W

A new morris (the third son of slippery)

Apparently he's a surf lifesaving champion. He's another natural athlete
  25. W

Bulldogs prop Aaron Woods’ haircut savaged by rugby league fans

I think we're being a little harsh on Aaron Woods. I recall as a kid the famous Geoff Robinson did trim his hair a couple of times throughout his career with the Dogs and didn't cop it too bad . I guess there wasn't much Instagram in those days eh ?
  26. W

Matt Frawley is our weak link

Let's hope we don't see any of that rubbish this year Robert.
  27. W

Matt Frawley is our weak link

You guys are too hard on Frawley. You were all singing his praises after the Broncos game last year before Des put the chain on him. You can demote Frawley but who do you replace him with ? Cleeland is out injured for a month and as much as I admire Lewis , I genuinely believe he's not quite...
  28. W

Enjoyable footy

Our attack was awesome compared to last season. Whenever we got down their end I anticipated scoring , when compared to the same scenario last year I'd get up to turn on the kettle. Foran will only improve as will Mbye. Our outside backs were excited last night and our forwards were eager...
  29. W

We need a mid season signing for our bench

Dumping Toleman isn't the answer. I know he won't bust the line but he won't miss a tackle either. Eastwood disappointed me last night as did Hoppa in his lack of line speed. Hoppa is quite a strong and intelligent defender as are most guys who've played fullback. If I was to bring someone in...
  30. W

Great start but!!!

I think in fairness to Bmoz his brother was right beside him and didn't offer much support. I know what you mean though.
  31. W

Eastwood

I agree with everyone's comments regarding Eastwood. I'm annoyed he missed that tackle that lead to the Storm try but I'm even more pissed off he didn't COMPLETELY iron out Cameron Smith when he had the chance. He was penalised for the late shoulder but that was a great opportunity to give Smith...
  32. W

Lachlan Lewis

I'm with you brother...... I've been talking this kid up since he arrived at Belmore and two days later steered the U20's team around really really well , and has done it consistently we'll ever since. He would NEVER have got an opportunity under Sir Desmond so it's refreshing to see Dean Pay...
  33. W

Did Dib lie about Des/Tedesco/Moses situation?

Tedesco after signing with the Roosters can't exactly turn around and admit he'd have signed with us as that would be a smack in the face to HRH Nicholas Politis. I've never met Tedesco but I know of 3 people who work at Bulldogs HQ who know James extremely well and showed me evidence we'd...
  34. W

Blake Austin

Not a bad suggestion for Austin but I believe Lachlan Lewis is the future. He's been consistently solid for us in whatever grade he's played in. I was at a freezing cold Belmore Sports Ground on a Saturday in 2016 , two days after Lewis arrived at the club from Canberra's feeder club in Qld. He...
  35. W

THE HEAT IS ON: Kieran Foran

Our boys have been written off by the bookies and generally by the so called experts. I believe they'll use all that as motivation not to mention the emotion of the great loss of Steven Folkes. Kieran Foran is a huge part of that new belief within the club to grab the elusive Premiership. They...
  36. W

A tribute to Steve Folkes by Paul Langmack

What an awesome team from an awesome era coached by a giant of the modern game. That 1984-1987 team is fundamentally the one that we all cling onto today and it was only matched by the 2004-2006 side who just bashed teams senseless . The Dogs of war had its roots from Warren Ryan. He may not...
  37. W

Steve Folkes passes away aged 59.

So incredibly sad. RIP Steve Folkes
  38. W

We need a goal kicker

It'd be nice to hear Dean Pay tell us who'll be kicking this season and how they've improved under the keen eye of Darryl Halligan.
  39. W

Frawley?????

I've said it many times on our supporters forum that we shouldn't be too harsh on anyone in these post Des times. I believe every player will be unshackled this season
  40. W

Frawley?????

Apparently he's trained an entire off season in that outside centre position and excelled surprising everyone including himself.
  41. W

Belmore Sports Ground

There have been some recent changes at Belmore Sports Ground with the addition of what looks like corporate boxes on each side of the Stewart Stand . Does this signify the club's wishes to play more than 6 home games at Belmore whilst ANZ Stadium is closed for renovations ? Does anyone have any...
  42. W

How is Gerrard Sutton the best referee the NRL has to offer?

I'm positive Gerard Sutton is on the Russell Crowe payroll......lol
  43. W

Canterbury try to find Moses Suli accommodation closer to Belmore amid reports the troubled recruit

Let's give the guy a break ....... Let's see if the board treats this issue like a real family would.
  44. W

Aiden Tolman wins 2017 Coach's Award

Toleman will thrive under the instructions of Dean Pay
  45. W

Captains leaving our club

Both Michael Ennis & James Graham should never have been allowed to leave our club although I rate Ennis the bigger loss. The old board should hang their heads in shame that they didn't intervene and stop the mad professor from spreading his misery on the fans and those great club men . I'm so...
  46. W

2018 Season Preview - Zero Tackle

Articles such as this one are the very reason gambling on NRL should never be allowed.
  47. W

Bill Woods comment: The slow march to Bulldogs’ extraordinary power shift

Nice article Bill but the shift of power is yet to turn a wheel. It won't be long before this new board makes its much awaited leagues club appointments , then begins to meddle in the day to day operations of the football club. Then the much anticipated suck job apology to the Hughes family for...
  48. W

Frawley?????

I have it on good authority that Lewis will be our centre in the years ahead.
  49. W

Frawley?????

All these guys deserve a chance to prove themselves under Dean Pay. I except everyone's opinion on this forum but I also urge everyone to not pass judgment on what they've seen thus far . Des Hasler killed off many a players career. I believe guys like Lachlan Lewis , Josh Cleelend etc will...
  50. W

Chris Anderson - "Kieran Foran is not a good investment"

You're quite right Moey Chris Anderson did win us a premiership although I believe when someone has ambition to become a board member they need to show some diplomacy and the role of board representative is basically a role of club diplomat. You're in a privileged position to bring a group of...
  51. W

Lynn Anderson on Talkin Sport today

Not one difficult question to his cousin. What about mentioning the fact that it'd be a bad look for a husband and wife to sit on both boards. The Hughes's will be back in the fold now.
  52. W

Chris Anderson - "Kieran Foran is not a good investment"

Yes he did. When things got a little tough in 1997 he stepped down , but only after receiving an offer from his Super League connections in John Ribot to be the inaugural Melbourne coach. When things get a little touch Chris Anderson always walks away. In 1984 he departed the dogs because...
  53. W

Lynn Anderson on Talkin Sport today

I've placed my trust in the democratic process that was put in motion at the AGM. I have a few concerns and I hope this new board doesn't disappoint me and other fellow members/fans. Just a few questions to be answered. 1. Will Chris Anderson sit on the highly lucrative Leagues Club board...
  54. W

Matty Johns: The must-have recruit who could spark Bulldogs attack

Let's wait and see how Moses slots into the fullback position. I believe we have the nucleus of a really competitive team.
  55. W

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

I'm really not sure about that but my point being why we allowed him to leave to begin with.
  56. W

It was also reported by Peter Tunks on talking sport this week that Josh Mansour had asked Phil Gould for an immediate release. He's always been open of his desire to one day wear the blue and white. How did we allow this bloke to slip out of our junior system and head West ?
  57. W

A little birdie , NO a BIG birdie ( hint hint ) mentioned to me earlier this week that his friend Jimmy Tedesco is regretting his move to Latte town. The pressure is on at Bondi and the players are feeling it . Coach Robinson is coaching for his career. Does anyone believe we should have a...
  58. W

Steve Price, Chris Anderson, Paul Dunn headline Canterbury Bulldogs board challenge

Graham is highly intelligent and clearly loves the club but he's agenda driven and thrives on settling old scores . He refuses to believe the Moore era ended long ago. I was really disgusted when he convinced his entire family to hand in their life memberships , really really childish.
  59. W

Steve Price, Chris Anderson, Paul Dunn headline Canterbury Bulldogs board challenge

Sponsors and third parties don't vote. In any case those thitd party sponsors are only intetested in both the individual player and the brand. I can assure you they would have very little interest in Ray Dib.
  60. W

I like Turvey , I really do but for all his astute observations on the football field he has bugger all politically. Why would he have aligned himself with Ray Dib when we all knew a rival ticket of considerable clout was imminent. He's really made it difficult for himself now if he's lucky...
  61. W

Warren Ryan found guilty of assault

Let's not knock the Wok , he's the man who created the Dogs of War. He changed the way the Bulldogs were perceived and this is exactly what we've been calling out for. Ryan has set the tone for our club.
  62. W

How do you think Des is spending his time these days ?

Des wasn't as bad as what some other coaching options might've been but he is gone now. I believe he did his best for the club but it didn't work out , we move on. He is however entitled to a payout any ANY of us in that situation would not only want but demand what is rightfully ours. Dib is...
  63. W

Mole reporting Dymock to Sharks (Confirmed by the Club)

Really disappointing from Dymock who's now taken the same job at another club. Why not stay at Belmore and prove to everyone that you can perform outside of Hasler's shadow. I wish him well.
  64. W

Turvey reappointed to the board

Weidler exclusive ? The only exclusive news from Danny Weidler comes from Team Mundine.
  65. W

sydney roosters

Nothing quite as enjoyable as observing the entire Eastern Suburbs go quiet. It was all Roosters in the Sydney papers today and they arrogantly expected to win. Next yr "Cock's"
  66. W

Poor Zappa.

No he couldn't have dodged any questions , he probably wrote them. Why doesn't he do some media like Shane Richardson did after they punted their coach last week ?
  67. W

Poor Zappa.

After watching that shambolic interview Steve Turner did with Ray Dib I really felt for the guy. Zappa is a great fella and has been a terrific Bulldog on and off the field but to have to do a scripted interview with Dib would have to be an ultra low for the guy. The Chairman should be doing...
  68. W

Non-binding?

It's so sad that Ray Dib is trying to slither himself out if having to pay out Des Hasler and appear as though he's saving the club a tonne of money. Do the right thing Canterbury and pay the man what is his and negotiated by both parties when this heads of agreement was signed. If it goes to...
  69. W

Hasler is gone, BUT!!!

I cannot believe a club such as ours stocked full of resources and a terrific fan base cannot get its act together in the board room. These power struggles and the fight for relevance does my head in. If Hasler is responsible for football related decisions and paid the price then someone who...
  70. W

Interest in Michael Maguire

I'm happy for Madge and his lovely family to relocate to the Gold Coast . If he was hired the majority of the board would be voted out. I'd rather keep Des over Madge
  71. W

Richie Kenner released to Souths

Good solid player who never got his shot at 1st grade because Des believes Chase Stanley was more deserved. He'll kill it at South's , another one that got away.
  72. W

des/players troubles

I like Graham Hughes and admire his intellect but let's not forget he's agenda driven. He's always going to put the 'family' ahead of the Bulldogs and if he had his way Garry Hughes would still be the manager and Mark Hughes the talent scout. As I said I do like the guy but he'd be doing the...
  73. W

Local pup is proof brutal Dog days can't last

What a great talent we have. Montoya is an awesome replacement for Rona who's relieved to NOT be playing under Des. Montoya is a shining light for the Bulldogs. Let's look after him.
  74. W

James Graham gone - confirmed

James Graham is a true gentleman and a genuine Bulldog , he didn't have any intention of leaving. Management should hang their head in shame.
  75. W

So is Graham gone ?

Yes sadly it is. He announced it to the players in the sheds after the game. He told me that himself after the players dinner at the club. It was never his intention to ever leave this club but that is footy. He was clearly gutted as was I.
  76. W

What will you do if Des is sacked?

My criticism of Hasler isn't and shouldn't be of a personal nature. He's got a brilliant footballing mind but has got it horribly wrong with regards to this statistically based game structure. That's like a game based around chess. What happened to players backing up and passing the ball ? The...
  77. W

1) Why? 2) Meant to be?

Our club needs to now wake up to itself and offer Lichaa a contract. He's always been the real deal. Our club cannot allow quality players AND people to walk away. Michael Lichaa is a very fine young man that's settled on and off the field.
  78. W

Ennis smashes Dib

Ennis has a great football mind and not only understands the Bulldogs but clearly loves the club.
  79. W

Re-sign Lichaa

It's imperative Lichaa is retained now that we know Des is leaving
  80. W

Dib speaks out on Looming Dogs decison on Des

I'm incredibly confused that such a bright footballing mind instructed such talented players to play such a dull style of structured football. I'm convinced the players made some type of pact over the last month. Really sad Des will depart on such a negative note. Bring on a new coach and some...