Hasler is gone, BUT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mortimer comes out and says hasler needs to go, and says it's either him or hasler, dib picks hasler, fast forward one year and hasler is gone based on board elections next year! I doubt hasler would have been fired if dib wasn't worried about being elected next year... Dib wasted an entire year where another coach would have developed this team and a chance of still playing this weekend. Dib is about one thing, and that's himself! Whatever he does it's only to benefit him and his agenda/s!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dib is doing the necessary thing to protect his position. Time will tell if he is safe or goes the way of Des Hasler. All I care about is to see the Bulldogs rebuilt into a unit feared by every other club.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Facts are
It was last year when Mortimer threatened to leave if Hasler stays.
Dib come out and said Mortimer was wrong to let his feelings be publicly known, saying Steve was wrong to come out and say it, he (Steve) knows what we (as a club) agreed on, and Steve acknowledged that.
Isn't obvious that the club had made its decision to give Hasler another chance by allowing him to coach in 2017... He was getting paid for it anyway !!!
It's time to unit as a club.
Bring back the Dogs Of War !!!

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
I cannot believe a club such as ours stocked full of resources and a terrific fan base cannot get its act together in the board room.
These power struggles and the fight for relevance does my head in.
If Hasler is responsible for football related decisions and paid the price then someone who rubber stamped them is also to blame and now must also pay the price.
Des Hasler was yesterday humiliated by the very people who've humiliated themselves over the last 12 months with some moronic decisions in the area of the football club.
The Bulldogs need a complete clean out and need to suffer a year of mediocre results before they begin to claw their way up the ladder.
The perceived salary cap of $10M for 2018 was NOT Hasler's view but was Ray Dib's.
He made a bad judgement call and now we're paying the price for that both on and off the field.
It was a poor error from a guy who should've known better , time to move on Ray.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm so pumped that Hasler is gone, but I do believe that the board has a lot more to answer for and have only acted to save their arse especially DIB. Until we get rid of the current board in the next election I don't think too much will change behind the scenes. Can't wait to see what happens next but I for one will be voting for change in the next election.
Good on you the club needs a fresh approach. Decisions are not made from the bottom they always come from the top the difference being that when a wrong decision is made from the top they blame everyone except themselves for making the decision. No matter what club or company or government they all play the same game. Wouldn't it be nice for a change to see people own up to their responsibilities, admit their mistakes and fix them but then again that was a nice dream I had and I have just woken up.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before today was tomorrow yesterday and Hasler was still.coach, would many of you protect Dib?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perhaps Dib deserves more credit then he is getting LOL... this has turned out to be a masterstroke, Hasler sacked without a pay out.
Des will get paid, don't worry about that.
Des loves money.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whilst im glad hasler is gone. Dib is a fucken snake.
He doesnt give 2 shits about the club.
The only reason he moved on hasler was because his job was on the line too.
Narrow-minded, unenlightened, self-interest. Nothing more.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst im glad hasler is gone. Dib is a fucken snake.
He doesnt give 2 shits about the club.
The only reason he moved on hasler was because his job was on the line too.
Narrow-minded, unenlightened, self-interest. Nothing more.
I agree

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot believe a club such as ours stocked full of resources and a terrific fan base cannot get its act together in the board room.
These power struggles and the fight for relevance does my head in.
If Hasler is responsible for football related decisions and paid the price then someone who rubber stamped them is also to blame and now must also pay the price.
Des Hasler was yesterday humiliated by the very people who've humiliated themselves over the last 12 months with some moronic decisions in the area of the football club.
The Bulldogs need a complete clean out and need to suffer a year of mediocre results before they begin to claw their way up the ladder.
The perceived salary cap of $10M for 2018 was NOT Hasler's view but was Ray Dib's.
He made a bad judgement call and now we're paying the price for that both on and off the field.
It was a poor error from a guy who should've known better , time to move on Ray.
Exactly. I personally feel dib will be turfed in Feb as well

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jimmy Graham has come out today saying that the players didn't do the right thing by Des on the field. Interesting to find out why.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Facts are
It was last year when Mortimer threatened to leave if Hasler stays.
Dib come out and said Mortimer was wrong to let his feelings be publicly known, saying Steve was wrong to come out and say it, he (Steve) knows what we (as a club) agreed on, and Steve acknowledged that.
Isn't obvious that the club had made its decision to give Hasler another chance by allowing him to coach in 2017... He was getting paid for it anyway !!!
It's time to unit as a club.
Bring back the Dogs Of War !!!
How many of us here would have done the same thing as Mortimer for the club?? I'm willing to say most of us! He knew what he was doing, he sacrificed himself for the betterment of the club (club, team, individual), something that dib will never do! It's like when play chess you sacrifice the queen to get the checkmate, and not one person deserves yesterday's checkmate move more than Mortimer, period! Now bring the heart of our club back!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently the players like Dib and get along quiet well with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.