Search results

1. GUSLER

News Canterbury look at shifting Burton to free up his running game

The most Important part of the article is : “options including Toby Sexton, Drew Hutchison, Kurt Mann, Jaeman Salmon and Blake Taaffe.”
  2. GUSLER

News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

I think an RFM swap makes us favourable for the warriors
  3. GUSLER

Gus caught meeting with Blake Taaffe

lol. Gus can’t talk to any other player position until we have announce prop signings. He can only work on one position at a time, and only after it’s announced to fans. Fu&@en Turnips
  4. GUSLER

Gus caught meeting with Blake Taaffe

So we assume he’s not talking to props because there wasn’t a secret photo of him talking to one? [emoji53]
  5. GUSLER

100% Footy - Luke Brooks

Brooks defiantly improve us and let’s Burton develop properly. We aren’t winning any comp in the next 3 years so improvement is all I can hope for
  6. GUSLER

Official Gus on Twitter

Be careful what you wish for turnips. Imagine Gus resigned today, saying that he would not be able accomplish success at our club, and we are left with a rookie coach, John Koury , super board members Joe Thomas and Anthony Elias. Laundy follows soon after…just be very fu#%en careful
  7. GUSLER

Mahoney is no longer an 80min hooker

Love? Take it fckn easy
  8. GUSLER

Ch ch ch chaad

Yea, a placeholder 7 forms few years until a young one becomes available. Will take pressure Burton
  9. GUSLER

Time for mass Changes

So true. It felt like we kicked after every line break today
  10. GUSLER

Time for mass Changes

Perham and Alamoti must go to nsw cup asp. Burns and Wilson/Skelton in. Kikau and Thompson come straight in for Waddell and Morrin when they’re fit
  11. GUSLER

Rd 14 vs Roosters 3-2-1

Fox cost us 2 tries. Hard to give him 2. He was going for intercept first try and what was he thinking for last try
  12. GUSLER

Opinion Said it once say it again

Behind benji, He’s probably in the discussion of one of the best 22 year old 6s in decades. . Fittler, Daley and Locky all stated as centres or fullback
  13. GUSLER

Opinion Said it once say it again

He’s a 6 you turnip! But for now he’s the best 7. Watch him go when he’s next to a 7 that can actually contribute. Karl will be lock
  14. GUSLER

From the BIG MAN !!!

Hasler had control of the entire football dept m, it was a condition for him to leave manly. Its on him but also on Dib and castle. Would have probably been wort it if we had won one of the 2
  15. GUSLER

Opinion Fraud watch- RFM

Captain average
  16. GUSLER

Best 5 coaches of our club all time ranked?

Ryan Anderson Folkes Gould Glossop Des erased all his good work. He will go down as probably our worst. He’s to blame for yen last 6 years
  17. GUSLER

Best 5 coaches of our club all time ranked?

Illegal lol. We were the ones to get caught for what everyone did. all but 4 of our GF players played their first game for the dogs. Look at the knights, broncos,roosters and dragons squads from that time. They all had more rep players than us
  18. GUSLER

Opinion TPJ - Absolute waste of cap space

Yep he can go. Holding Horsboroughs hand in that first set. And the strip which he obviously wanted to give a penalty away. He’s not for us
  19. GUSLER

KO Debut

Reynolds gave him a horrible pass for his first run too. Did well to catch it
  20. GUSLER

MISSION get HAAS

Mahney Burton Karl Critter Pretty sure Gus and Ciro will be happy with this spine for at least the next year or 2
  21. GUSLER

Andrew Davey joins Parramatta Eels from Bulldogs

Tigers Fijian in to top 30. Plus we are resigning Waddell. Which we probably didn’t expect to in the pre season. We have many back rowers Topine etc, No need for Davey
  22. GUSLER

Will Burton ever be our Fittler or Lockyer?

None were 5/8’s at 22. Not even Laurie Daley was
  23. GUSLER

Opinion Do you think Mahoney was captain material today?

Reed was an abomination yday. He made it all about him. I don’t think we will see that gain. In saying that he is definitely over plying his hand this year. He is definitely being asked to cause we have no creativity from 7 or 1
  24. GUSLER

ENOUGH!!!!

He can do that at training. You can’t use games for practice
  25. GUSLER

ENOUGH!!!!

His 40/20 attempt (towards the end) went 20 metres and down the centre of the field.
  26. GUSLER

ENOUGH!!!!

Its insane that you’re probably right. A half back in his 4th year??? FFS
  27. GUSLER

Rd 6 vs Rabbitohs 3-2-1

Waddell and read by far our best. Burton was bad in 1st half but brilliant in 2nd half, but ffs he needs help from 7
  28. GUSLER

HipDrop Insanity

It’s not a hip drop, it’s 2 feet in the air now. That’s what they’re sending people to the bin now. PV is fc king kidding himself.
  29. GUSLER

Burton is overrated.

No, not for a Neanderthal
  30. GUSLER

News ‘He’s got a lot more’: Bulldogs rookie justifies the hype - and he’ll only get better

Alamoti would have scored it too but it would have been out wide. Pretty special of him to give up his first nrl try to get it closer to the posts.
  31. GUSLER

News Rampant Bulldogs shock Storm on their home turf

Agree. It wasn’t just pass and prey. It was structured ambitious attack.
  32. GUSLER

New Stadium

This is why Laundy is all over us. We’re set either way but this will set us up forever. The stadium is the final piece of the puzzle
  33. GUSLER

Burton is overrated.

In our team he would be horrible at centre. You put him in the roosters team and he’a Daly M 5/8 It’s not him being good at centre, he’s good everywhere in a good team. tit’s him being bad at Canterbury
  34. GUSLER

Dolphins proves coaching is everything

They werent missing 3 first team props man. Plus the Roosters went down to 12.
  35. GUSLER

Burton is overrated.

He was not a good centre but can play centre in great teams. He just fell over the line with most of his tries at Penrith. He is a 6 and always will be. Whether in FG or NSW cup. Probably never a rep 6., which will be a fckn disaster since we are building around him
  36. GUSLER

Oloapu and NSW Cup on now

It’s not about winning. It’s about a few young guns improving and making the first team.
  37. GUSLER

Oluapou , Paoalii, Skelton. Future!
  38. GUSLER

[emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]
  39. GUSLER

News Bulldogs to bomb Turbo Trbojevic in fullback's return

I hope that’s not all is he planning on doing this year. We hardly ever got a positive result off one last year
  40. GUSLER

Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

Even before injuries. Why didnt we re-sign Vaughn? The only dependable props we have are Thompson and King. It’s not like we have young great props waiting to step cup? Sutton isn’t a meter eater and Pele will get roasted around the ruck in defense. We can’t count on TPJ or Patolo
  41. GUSLER

Official Gus on Twitter

Penrith won every single grade last year except Matts, and they were Matts minor premiers lol. Cleary has nothing to do with that
  42. GUSLER

Opinion Josh Reynolds or Kyle Flanagan

Josh isn’t an option imo. He will get injured. On the bench is his best position
  43. GUSLER

Positives

We didn’t really have a prop on first team bench. They replaced TPJ with Brown. No wonder our go forward stopped after 20. Patolo was injured too. If Patolo and Pele step up then we will be ok this year.
  44. GUSLER

Burton

For me Burton’s issue was that he wasnt involved. Mahney either went short in good attacking positions, or Burton touched it 2 passes wide with the def right in his face. The concern yesterday was that the play wasn’t structured around Burton at all. That’s the huge concern. Seriously you...
  45. GUSLER

Official Bulldogs vs Sharks Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

We don’t have a top 8 roster. If we make the 8 it’s a massive massive achievement. We’ll win 10-12 games imo
  46. GUSLER

Official Gus on Twitter

They were about to go bankrupt when they recruited him. His first action was getting an unsecured loan from packer to keep them afloat. If he did nothing else he saved the club from bankruptcy
  47. GUSLER

Bulldogs AGM 2023

We will fill the c@nt out once we get on a groove and start winning again. That will help ;)
  48. GUSLER

Opinion Karl Oloapu

Don’t you think that he was outperformed at fullback in the pre season? I doubt Ciro picked Perham off a hunch.
  49. GUSLER

Paul Alamoti is a Right Centre and not a Left !

Yes but right side centre is much harder defensively.
  50. GUSLER

Post Match discussion

I noticed we played in the middle and short quite a lot yesterday. We only went wide after a quick play the ball and momentum. No aimless plays out wide. I like that
  51. GUSLER

Kayo sports Price raise

Last few years I’ve been canceling it by round 10
  52. GUSLER

Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

That’s one of the most uninspiring line-ups , but i get it.
  53. GUSLER

Opinion Karl Oloapu

The courier mail said that we paid it. This is after we announced it. I would never go off Rothfield article. I have no issues paying a release clause.I think it does go on cap but spread over the term of contract. Not sore though
  54. GUSLER

Opinion Karl Oloapu

We are one of the great destination clubs for young players agin. That’s a huge step back to ongoing success for the club
  55. GUSLER

Opinion Karl Oloapu

And we didn’t pay him 500k to join us, he wanted to join us. We paid 500k to broncos to release him.
  56. GUSLER

Opinion Karl Oloapu

Wooha! https://7news.com.au/video/sport/karl-oloapus-freakish-highlights-bc-6315350178112
  57. GUSLER

Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

It’s 650k old cap. That’s reasonable.
  58. GUSLER

Official Gus on Twitter

Again this is all based on what I saw last year. Who knows what’s going on now under ciraldo
  59. GUSLER

Official Gus on Twitter

Skelton definitely has the higher ceiling, but Alamoti seems to be the safer option this year.
  60. GUSLER

For 2 years he was as good as a centre could be imo
  61. GUSLER

Burton is on 700-800k with performance. Critter will be on the same. Gus will upgrade guns mid contract if they perform above expectation, so long as they also extend
  62. GUSLER

No chance were paying him more than Burton. It will be 700kish, Gould will upgrade and extend him mid contract if he lights it up. Panthers barely made him an offer and he’s on 400k now. If he doesn’t work at fullback then at least we have a gun centre. It’s worth the risk. Whatever you do...
  63. GUSLER

Cowboys half Tom Duffy rules out Bulldogs defection

Gus said this article was [emoji817] bullshite. The part about is trying to sign him
  64. GUSLER

Sualii might not be a pipe dream

He’ll go to rugby for a few years whilst being paid by nick the whole time. Then comeback to the roosters when he’s 26 on 700k per year, even though nick was paying him hundreds per year whilst he was at the wallabies. That’s (I know as fact) what happened to sbw.
  65. GUSLER

Don’t want to go against grown adults with responsibilities positing on forums, but I think Gus and Ciraldo would have a good educated opinion on what Creoghton is capable of.
  66. GUSLER

Official Burton Extends until 2027

he was on 400k this year (and next If opt in) so the 750k is a good upgrade, we have the advantage cause we can upgrade his current contract too. There would be a ratchet clause for any further cap increases but that’s fine. If he becomes a million dollar player within the contract then Gus...
  67. GUSLER

Official Gus on Twitter

Grow up you fckrs. This is Gus’ thread!
  68. GUSLER

Opinion Martin Taupau home coming?

I’ve seen him waking the dog around Sans Souci lately. Not far from Belmore but I reckon he’ll be a shark,
  69. GUSLER

Penrith had a premiership to win so couldn’t waste time or points for Crighton to adapt. They went with the safer and cheaper option,But Creightons ceiling is much much higher imo . Plus if he fails we have an elite centre. If GUS and CC are ok with it then so should all of us hacks too
  70. GUSLER

Just trust Gus FFS. Look what our club has become since he arrived, the team and overall squad will get better and better every year.
  71. GUSLER

News Jake Averillo Ready To Fight For Fullback Spot As Bulldogs Start Negotiations With Local Junior

You can start by never ever ever fckn turning your back on the ball mid air when attempting to catch a bomb
  72. GUSLER

News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

Woods told a few of us at a bulldogs corporate event
  73. GUSLER

News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

No, and this is a fact. Tedesco , woods and Moses all wanted to come to us as. A package but Hasler wanted Foran so said no. We ended up with just woods
  74. GUSLER

We’re not good at all. Not one of those is a guaranteed career first grader
  75. GUSLER

He’s a very good controlling 7 with a great kicking game. Parra don’t have the best team and pretty much finish up where they belong. If we buy him it isn’t a commitment to our future l, but a placeholder that keeps us in the 8 until our juniors come through under Gus, but we will challenge for...
  76. GUSLER

Exactly. 1 million percent. If there’s a better available half then fair enough. There isn’t even a better value for money half. That geezer from the UK isn’t.
  77. GUSLER

Lol. You’d rather Flanagan than Moses? I’m happy to have Moses for a few years until we can un-earth our own 7. With Moses we are guaranteed top 8 for next few year, and who knows what happens if Burton and a few others explode, I’m happy to rebuild from the top 8. If Gus does the deal then I’m...
  78. GUSLER

Official Gus on Twitter

Politis probably a guarantor on loan too
  79. GUSLER

Official Gus on Twitter

Yep, according to Rothfoled
  80. GUSLER

Official Gus on Twitter

Suaalii is on 650k already. That’s on the cap. He just bought a house in double bay
  81. GUSLER

It’s he Kikau tax mate, which doesn’t apply to us now ;)
  82. GUSLER

Official Bulldogs sign Bronson Xerri for 2024 season on two-year deal despite doping ban

He may as well stay on the gear until 6 months before. Roids will give you an increased base for life, especially if you stay fit and keep training
  83. GUSLER

Reynolds(not now) and Hughes? Nope. The others fair enough
  84. GUSLER

Alamoti re-signing

TBH he’s becoming less and less impressive with each day that passes. He has copped a fair few injuries though. I’m more excited about Skinner
  85. GUSLER

News Full NRL Draw 2023

We only play roosters, panthers and storm once. Good draw
  86. GUSLER

Opinion Hastings might be available for 23?

He only did that for a few games tbh. He’s just so slow that everyone backs off and preempts that he will pass. You can’t be a modern half without being able to take on the line imo In saying that, he’s better than Kyle but only on a short term deal whilst we develop or look for a longer term...
  87. GUSLER

Bulldogs sign giant Titans forward

A Motor bike accident messed him up a bit and he never really bounced back
  88. GUSLER

Rumour Jayden Sullivan

We’re 2+ years from challenging for a title. Nothing wrong getting George and some top 8 finishes in that time while we build from within
  89. GUSLER

Opinion Silver tongue Ciraldo

Only difference is that Gus hired him. We got the best available coach at the time. That’s all you can ask for
  90. GUSLER

Cameron Ciraldo | Consolidated thread

If only he was that assertive taking on the line and leading the attack