Search results

1. S

St. Helens into the Super League Grand Final.

For sure you should be,2 gf teams ,isn't there 4 teams each....maybe I saw wrong...
  2. S

Good luck for tomorrow

Ahhh remember that,was it about Ingliss.....
  3. S

Good luck for tomorrow

Haha Moedogg our clubs our pretty similar , both clubs are generally in the race every season and you have to respect clubs that do that.....I always knew this week was going to be about Souths, and I really think that is a disgrace to your club and I think it would have been the same had...
  4. S

St. Helens into the Super League Grand Final.

How are Brisbane in there, I understand the two grand finalists but surely Manly/Easts.....in all honesty though I'm not wanting Manly going over there for a nothing match just weeks before the season....
  5. S

Good luck for tomorrow

Just wishing you guys good luck tomorrow night,even though I'm a manly fan and wish we were there , ill be hoping you guys bring it home as I don't want to hear these Souths fans carry on all season next year. As I had mentioned in previous posts here I always thought you guys were going to be...
  6. S

Channel Nine and Issac Luke

If watmough got suspended so should Luke as well,lets see what happens.
  7. S

Two grand final appearances in three years

Even after you guys lost to Titans I told my bulldogs mates that Canterbury would be in the gf,as a manly fan I didn't want to meet Canterbury until the gf. I was hoping the storm would win as I knew we would beat them,and I expected to get beaten by 30 last week....at least a touch better...
  8. S

Refs tried their best to get panthers over the line..

Yeah I agree,looking on as a neutral I thought both teams got some good and bad calls. They just have no idea the refs.
  9. S

Kieran Foran admits his future at Manly Sea Eagles is uncertain

Lol...ohh I'm ok.....fair enough no probs
  10. S

Haha yeah saw that......he has had Foran going to you guys,Easts and now Souths......only another 13 to and he will be spot on.
  11. S

so explain why......mate I know quite a lot about Manly and this whole situation.....3 main parties are involved in this whole saga......1 player, 1 board member who tells stories to his mates in the media , plus basically the board.....
  12. S

Toovey and hasler are pretty much the same style of coach,Toovey has never blamed Hasler.....they are in fact pretty good mates and I see them often having coffee/lunch. Various members of the board though have expressed thier thoughts which they are entitled to do. The board I agree are a...
  13. S

Offside during golden point

With you on that, I'm not really concerned by Reynolds being off side,yeah sure we may have got a penalty to win but yeah with fwd passes,hands on ball , etc.....either side could have got a penalty way before golden point. The refereeing is abysmal, and all sides get a rough deal then get some...
  14. S

Grub Ben Barba link to Manly LOL???

Heard this rumour last Sunday, as a manly fan my first thought no way.....and I'm still in 2 minds but it probably wouldn't be a bad signing for us especially as he is mates with Sid. Saying that,the reason he left you guys he should be made to stay there but if Bennett doesn't want him.....but...
  15. S

Congrats

Lol well you have got a bit of maroon blood flowing thru the blue bit.......
  16. S

Congrats

Thx for for the comments everyone,yes at least we played a lot better tonight after that Souths rubbish. Sure I wanted to win , but didnt want to go out with 2 flogging a and you guys took up where you left off against the storm. I think with Souths,the fans just annoy me....lol....they all...
  17. S

Congrats

Been here for a couple of weeks now and it's only fair as a manly fan I congratulate your team on the win tonight. Prefer to lose in normal time and not by a field goal,but hey if I'm honest I'd take it if it was the other way around. Most of all I don't think there was anything major that the...
  18. S

Ennis free to menace Manly in NRL elimination final

I have mentioned before the media are fools,they hardly ever print anything positive about any team,ohh wait phil Rothfield always writes positive stories about cronulla.
  19. S

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Id take kasiano.......and Pritchard as well, one rumour I have heard is fui fui,I think he would fill a spot at manly
  20. S

both our clubs generally are not liked,doesn't worry me,mainly the dislike comes from both clubs having a reasonable amount of success over the years. I heard someone on the radio today say,at least come Sunday one of these clubs will be out,couldn't happen to better clubs....who did this person...
  21. S

Exactly a non story,and I know a lot of manly players respect Ennis. Just media garbage making out manly has complained.....I actually like Ennis when he is on BSB every week,he has been quite good.
  22. S

Watmough to Eels 2016 for 3 seasons

Well I agree there,these guys get paid well to play football,not worry about who should be getting contracts and who should be granted releases etc.....they need to think about what they are paid to do.
  23. S

Ill keep Tom you can take gutho but give us a big fwd......NOT trex.......hahaha
  24. S

I'll tell ya something for nothing

I think you are right....whoever wins this match will be in the gf......winning it not sure.....as a manly fan I'd only be too happy to play Souths in a gf as I think they will choke big time......too much pressure on them.....didnt want to play you guys as we play the same and well Easts are a...
  25. S

Winning the comp from 5-8

I think in the current afl format a team made the prelim final from 5th but not the big show.....Adelaide or west coast I think........
  26. S

watching clint I'm not so sure, I've seen him play a lot this year,he has all the manly plays down but I'm not sure . Matai main reason is obviously $ and to be with his family and to help them out with his disabled brother,so I'm certain that manly will let him go.......and Choc well he has...
  27. S

yes best tell him that.....I guess we will see who is right.....within 2 weeks we will know. Parra will announce they have talked to either Choc or his agent soon enough.....
  28. S

Glenn Stewart had just had an operation so that is why he didnt do a lap after the Penrith match. Brett Stewart ,Foz and Sid are not going anywhere,Watmough will announce next week he will be leaving and I'm certain Matai will be given a release.
  29. S

'The lunatics are running the asylum': Manly take a pot shot at Des

Yes he is I'm switching......as I have mentioned Stewart and watmough are tight,Glenn that is. Chocs main issue is with the club not offering G Stewart a contract thinking that they were saving that money for DCE and foz ,now they obviously would get some of it. The big problem is that lot of...
  30. S

This how I believe it is .....hasler left as manly were not going to pay him what he wanted......not that they didnt want to as they couldn't afford it,there is animosity in the club towards hasler....not just from the boardroom. Not all players liked Des as I'm sure it's the same at most...
  31. S

They have had what I believe the best backline not the best forwards. Never said you didn't have injuries I'm just going on Manlys. This comp is too hard to go back to back. We should have won in 2009 as I truly believe we were a very good side,thing happened that yr that didnt help. 2012,tony...
  32. S

No it's not about faith,I've watched Manly long enough to know when they were down and out. I could come here and be all parochial and say we will smash you guys,but that would be heart and not brain....if it was 5 weeks ago......might be a bit different.
  33. S

Media scum.r

The problem is as you said there are some decent stories as well,but these oxygen thieves thrive on gossip. If you don't read the paper then you have to put up with fool Danny weidler and his mates that are only to happy to give him a rent a quote.
  34. S

My very first game I went to was at brookvale,manly v wests ,parents wests fans,I remember manly giving wests a bath and a young bloke named bob Fulton seemed to score every time. After the game I got introduced to a few of the players by tommy raudonikis who was a family friend.....got a jumper...
  35. S

Sea Eagles hooker Matt Ballin in line for shock return against Canterbury Bulldogs

You will no probs........we are no hope.......
  36. S

No don't think so, didnt do to much wrong last yr, 2012 injuries and suspensions cost us dearly we limped into finals so it would not have mattered who coached. This was our yr but a few things have conspired to not help us,some coming from within which is annoying.
  37. S

Media scum.r

As you guys are aware manly having been copping it for most of the year from those clowns in the media,Rothfield who hardly wrote anything about cronulla and thier drug use,kept bringing up old stuff about infighting at manly. Now this happens with most clubs from this grub,Canterbury ,st George...
  38. S

Lol no probs except we don't know what a wooden spoon looks like.
  39. S

Sea Eagles hooker Matt Ballin in line for shock return against Canterbury Bulldogs

Hodges is out will not play nor will Matt and yes he is a loss regardless. Quite frankly I believe we will get smashed by you guys, injuries and playing garbage.....I expect a 40 point drubbing
  40. S

Manly did not dump him,sure we let him go but it's like the watmough situation, why have someone that doesn't want to be there. Also he got a few more $ from you guys,nothing wrong with that.
  41. S

At Manly Hasler did have a lot of say of who he wanted to keep and who he didnt. Your halfback being one,he was never concerned about losing Trent and nor were most supporters,because we knew what we had in Sid and Foz coming thru the Sunshine Coast sea eagles which was very good for us. No true...
  42. S

Correct about Sid....to answer who is the mole.......ill give initials ....easy to work out though....PP , good mates with Hasler or prob not as much these days. Since Hasler left he doesn't a lot of chances to get his melon on TV. People have been saying that Manly is going to fall apart for...
  43. S

Stewart,foz and Sid staying......Matai good chance to stay,watmough has signed and it's just a matter if manly release him.......not sure they will though. One person we will get rid of is the mole that has been undermining this club all year,and reporting back to his so called journalist...
  44. S

Finals Week 1 Discussion Thread - Non Bulldogs

And we have plenty of injuries, but who knows.......don't care who wins as long as I hear the cowboys whinge again.......
  45. S

As a manly fan yes he is gone and will be a loss but I think he will stay for 2015, by the end of this yr foz and Sid will have put pen to paper on extensions. Matai will still be here for this yr,as for Brett Stewart I'm almost certain he will be there as well. No club is going to pay snake...
  46. S

Hasler...

Hasler took his time to get the players he wanted at Manly,success didnt come straight away...the best buy Manly made was Ben Kennedy,he was one who showed the young guys what was needed. As a manly fan,most times I felt he could be too loyal towards under performing players ie trex. You guys...
  47. S

Just want to wish your team

Ohh I have said that here,we are in deep trouble and will not get to the 3rd week......if we keep playing like this. Injuries have come at a bad time for us.....I fear the worst though......
  48. S

Just want to wish your team

As a manly fan I'd prefer to be playing Melb this week,we have been rorted by the NRL and Nine over this match. Melb are not the same side as they once were but I guess we are not either but I'd be more confident of beating Melb than Souths, and yeah maybe we will meet next week.....hopefully on...
  49. S

same here for manly.......Jo are you in Qld
  50. S

How bad were Manly in 2009-10?

Yes injuries galore plus trex suspended,not that worried me too much.....actually starting to look like the same again. I think anytime a team makes the semis,you would have to say it was somewhat successful. As we know anything can happen during a semi final series.
  51. S

wow would you really take 1 origin win over 100 bulldogs premierships.....no way would I swap a manly premiership for an origin win. I think most of Qld prob feel the same as you though....lol..
  52. S

How many years can Des Hasler survive as our coach without winning a title?

toovey is underestimated in my book,sure in coming yrs this side will look a whole lot different,but I think he has done very well,except for a bad 20 mins and some strange calls we would be premiers,but that's my maroon and white eye talking. After hasler left,this club was expected to fall...
  53. S

I don't disagree but that will only happen once certain ppl are no longer involved at club. Manly rarely get coaches from outside thier own.
  54. S

2009 wasn't flash either....
  55. S

This what happened,2009 Stewart had his brush with that girl,which he got proved innocent,did his knee,we had a horrendous year with injury. 2010,same thing happened Stewart knee out for year....trex was useless,hasler had him at fullback ,wing ,centre.....if he had to turn and chase,it was like...
  56. S

Interesting topic,being a manly fan,I was livid when hasler walked away,didnt really allow manly to enjoy the premiership win in 2011. Do I forgive,not sure yet but yes he is a good coach..... I think in 2012 you guys over achieved,not being disrespectful ,that should have built a good base for...
  57. S

Agree very disappointing, only discussing today just prior to SOO you guys were 4-6 clear. SOO stuffs teams up,they are great games but Manly come before NSW for me. As for Snake,I know a little,as I mentioned not going anywhere in 2015. Who knows about 2016. Choc I'm certain will go ,but no...
  58. S

lot of Manly fans have been calling him Sid for ages, it's his long neck as in Sid the turtle......against you guys at homebush a few weeks back now,you could hear the players calling him Sid.....same at brookvale against broncos.
  59. S

Hi guys, Manly fan here, not here to cause any drama.....but snake won't be going anywhere next year.....2016 different story maybe. We will be losing a current SOO player and no surprises who that will be. As for Foz and Sid,I'm confident by end of yr they will have an extension. After...