St. Helens into the Super League Grand Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
St. Helens beat Catalan Dragons 30-12 to reach the GF. Interesting thing is that James Graham could face his old team in the World Club Challenge.... Hopefully.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah he may have to play them... however if we get there it won't be worth it anyway thanks to the new format... as the broncos are bunnies are guaranteed admission.

Svoot

Waterboy
Reaction score
How are Brisbane in there, I understand the two grand finalists but surely Manly/Easts.....in all honesty though I'm not wanting Manly going over there for a nothing match just weeks before the season....

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think because souths are already going to the club challenge that we should be the next selection even if we lose

Svoot

Waterboy
Reaction score
For sure you should be,2 gf teams ,isn't there 4 teams each....maybe I saw wrong...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
For sure you should be,2 gf teams ,isn't there 4 teams each....maybe I saw wrong...
i think its only 3 teams, souths and brisbane automatically and also the champions

uk_bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sky sports have today said that souths and brisbane have confirmed their participation in the wcc with the bulldogs being the other team, st helens wigan and warrington from over here are taking part, I would love to see saints play the bulldogs next year, just to see jammer run out at langtree park

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it the two grand final teams and minor premiers that are in now?
No. It's the Premiers plus the two teams that the game was sure were most marketable overseas. Brisbane didn't "qualify" as such - they're simply the side with the most brand recognition in the UK.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So now the world club challenge is meaningless, because it includes sides that are rubbish this year like Broncos. So if Brisbane won a few matches, they could be world club champions, despite the fact they fell into the top 8 (lost their last match and went up the ladder) and were never any chance of getting far in the finals? Sounds dumb to me. Have i got it wrong?

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think because souths are already going to the club challenge that we should be the next selection even if we lose
Although we are going to win so it won't matter :p

id rather they took the Roosters regardless of if we win or not, teams always come back fro WCC flat. But if we lose I could see them taking the roosters as Minor Premiers. In all honesty though it should be us, souths and the roosters. The fact the broncos can just decide to do it is bullshit.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
So who the **** is in ??

Warriors (NZ) would generate a lot of interest through Tompkins.

Hope Wigan take SL out, Get my mind off NRL a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.