Search results

1. C

Bulldogs Dean Pay fined $25,000 for criticising referees. - Update Page 18

I think it means the suspended 10k will be activated and added to the next fine. Does the suspended portion have an expiry date? Surely can't be suspended indefinitely.
  2. C

Todd Greenberg a no-show for lunch meeting with Bulldogs chair Ray Dib

Castle once said: Q: What's your take on the salary cap – good, bad? A: I had dealt with salary caps previously in netball so I had a pretty good idea how they worked. Obviously there's more in-depth machinations around the NRL salary cap because it's a complex beast. The best way I can...
  3. C

More dribble from Raymond Dib

CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 - SECT 249F Calling of general meetings by members (1) Members with at least 5% of the votes that may be cast at a general meeting of the company may call, and arrange to hold, a general meeting. The members calling the meeting must pay the expenses of calling and...
  4. C

NO MATTER WHAT I LOVE MY BULLDOGS

I love the club. But i have no connection with this team. And no confidence in this coach.
  5. C

Let's not get too excited

Agreed. Hasler just does enough to hang on to his job. Nothing more. Our problems are still there. We will go through another horror run. But then, Hasler will manage to get a "gritty" win, and then rinse and repeat. Surprised we didnt give him a further 2 year contract after that win.
  6. C

Bulldogs 2018

None taken. The writing was on the wall for at least 2 years.. and the pressure accelerated particularly in the second half of last year (even our wins were horrible against lowly opposition, and then we dropped out of the top 4 in such a horrible way too) .... and he did not do a single thing...
  7. C

Bulldogs 2018

I can't see Des changing. Some poster on here (too9u?) said that the board wasn't happen with simply making the finals (or the top 4?). Can't remember exactly. The pressure was on. On top of that, everyone was expecting Des to change something during the Panthers finals game last year. And...
  8. C

Reynolds vows to be fine-free in 2017

every year says the same thing. and every year he is still the same grub. Empty words. You can fool the gullible, but not those who expect words with meaning.
  9. C

Canterbury Bulldogs endure another disastrous Auckland Nines campaign

it's a cultural thing. When you put on that jersey, you do it with pride and respect. Des doesn't understand the culture. But what I would like to know, is what is Hasler saving our players for? He always rests our star players in the 9's to save them for NRL proper, like he has some master...
  10. C

Greenberg vs Raelene

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Greenberg bringing him over was a masterstroke at the time. 2 time recent premiership winning coach. What has transpired since, is all Castle and the board. They failed to reign in him until it was too late. The writing on the wall was there earlier. Scary...
  11. C

David Klemmer almost unrecognisable with a full head of hair and werewolf beard

About as unrecognizable as the Bulldogs. New look fits right in.
  12. C

Run on song

They should run out to Spice Girls, Dixie Chicks or George Michael. That would suit them just fine at the moment
  13. C

Josh Jackson urges James Graham to remain Canterbury Bulldogs NRL captain

He is not even a gentleman. He looks so unnatural in being polite. Hands behind back? Crooked finger point? Castle has turned him into a poodle. I reckon the refs laugh at him even more, I know I certainly do.
  14. C

Sam Burgess strikes David Klemmer violently.

Has Castle asked Klemmer to apologise yet?
  15. C

Daniel mortimer

Hasler works hard and sleeps 4 hours a day. That's enough @ the Bulldogs:( apparently
  16. C

Bulldogs coffs harbour bombshell

" review was concluded in mid-August and is now with the NSW Police Office of General Counsel, awaiting a decision on whether action will be taken over its findings" The review is completed
  17. C

The UNBELIEVABLE Contract Clause Which Could See Hasler Become A Free Agent On 1 November

There is nothing about Hasler that gives me confidence that he can be a genuine change agent.
  18. C

Football Club Members Forum

1. The strategic plan was ambitious. some would say way too ambitious. However, they did it in the spirit of transparency. So now, how could they not expect the members to hold them to account? That was the board's yardstick. They can't just change the goal posts because they failed and hope the...
  19. C

James Graham stunned the Bulldogs would try to move on coach Des Hasler

“You want people at the club who care and Des cares just as much as anyone else. “He is so determined to get things right with this group of players. You have to see it to believe how hard he works, it’s incredible.” He also only sleeps 4 hours a day. To think how much he "sleeps" and how "hard...
  20. C

Steve Mortimer leaves Bulldogs as Des Hasler survives board meeting

It is absurd that an apology was given to "Des and the distress it has caused to his family". The board and coach should apologise to the supporters for the distress they have caused us.
  21. C

Bulldogs roll out 6 new signings

Hasler will, in true form, put him in his unpreferred position on his unpreferred side. But as long as we complete at 80%, we are still good!
  22. C

Is the World Club Challenge worthwhile?

I know. They always say coz they want to focus on nrl season. Hasler also only sleeps 4 hours. Lol its so funny
  23. C

Which players will go if Des goes?

no-one. Who left Manly to come to Bulldogs when Hasler left? No-one. Besides money hungry Williams, who said "Any player would take what I got," Williams said. "As much as they say they are loyal, for me the difference in staying at Manly and going to Canterbury was massive"
  24. C

Haslers future will be decided on friday

We were in the top 4 this year. Too69u said the blow torch was on Hasler. Hasler did not change a single thing and we continued the slide out of the competition. The board are in a good bargaining position at the moment. The season is over. There is no contract extension. They have the cards...
  25. C

Membership. Continue or cancel it?

I wont be renewing. And just another opinion on the situation. The situation is too toxic. He has under performed with unlimited resources and control. Now the board want to wrestle back control and put performance measures in his contract, and Hasler as he did with Manly, spit the dummy. I...
  26. C

Sam Williams joins Wakefield

Our recruitment is appalling. And in the off chance we find a worthy player, they simply do not come because no-one wants to come here.
  27. C

Lichaa gone?

You have to put in perspective. Ennis started it Ennis "You won't be taking my spot next year" Lichaa "But I'll be taking all your money" Lichaa was signed before Ennis moved on. Also, Ennis was obviously negotiating, and it was niggle in a match to get under each other's skin.
  28. C

Lichaa gone?

Lichaa was paid based on potential. not on experience. And in any sense, it's not like he went to Bulldogs with a resume in hand and said "here is my list of experience". He was spotted by whoever, and an offer was made. Watching Lichaa at Sharks vs Lichaa at Bulldogs, it is clear that Lichaa...
  29. C

Keep the players, change the game plan

......... but he only sleeps 4hours
  30. C

How quickly things change.

Can someone tell me what he does? If I went to work at 7am and stayed till 3am and was so unproductive, i'd be fired a long time ago. So we should upgrade his contract based on 4 hours sleep, not on results?
  31. C

Hasler to clean out the Doghouse

No-one held a gun to their head. The strategic plan was their goals. Goals need to be realistic and measurable. They obviously thought they were realistic. They have failed so hard. They either set the wrong goals, or failed to reach the goals they set themselves. Either way, major stuff up...
  32. C

Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Our defence in 2013/14 was horrible hence why we were still chasing goals vs Palace even though we were 3-0 up.
  33. C

Bulldogs to make bid for foran...

I like how when Warriors speculation happened, noone really cared. As soon as there is a Bulldogs link, people lose their minds hahaha.
  34. C

Mick Ennis

Lol stuart is a sook. Him acting like a immature kid on the sidelines is disrespectful And if an opposition player disrespected our fans and our fans reacted like ferals in the picture we would have had the media hound us. And Castle would have had thrown our fans under the bus to please the media
  35. C

NRL 360 on the Dogs

The same thing the training cameras at belmore are supposed to achieve
  36. C

Dear Raelene...Are you listening!!!?

I wont be renewing until they give me my club back.
  37. C

NRL 360 on the Dogs

We are good for about 20mins in the first half. We fade at the end of the second half. And the second half - FORGET IT! I had a theory we needed to be up 10+ at half time to have a chance at winning. I change it to 26+
  38. C

NRL 360 on the Dogs

Of course he was. But even if we were playing great he would discredit us. My point being is he is not afraid to rubbish us, playing good or bad. We just made easy for him to take stabs at us the past month or so.
  39. C

If you were a bulldogs recruiter - what attributes would you value?

Under Hasler we have lost the ability to think, so no use bringing in playmakers. I would say Height and Speed. Just fast players that can run down opposition line breaks, turn quick in defence and defuse attacking bombs.
  40. C

NRL 360 on the Dogs

LOL he's never afraid to rubbish the Dogs. We just gave him free hits over the past month, ending with his beloved Panthers knocking us out which excited him that little bit more.
  41. C

Hunt & Milford to Test Market

We arent clever enough to make an attempt at them. They would be clever however by staying as far away as possible from Hasler's career killing structures.
  42. C

Dogs say Hasler criticism is unfair

All i hear is how much work Hasler does at training. Man, if i put 13 hour shifts each day for 5 years at work and still couldnt figure out what 1 + 1 was, i would have been long gone by now. I actually now believe Hasler doesnt have a clue.
  43. C

The Lurker: Surely Des isn't out the door already?

Why would Des feel under pressure? He is not a Bulldog. He has no history with the Bulldogs. Nothing to lose for him. Another club will pick him up and stump up the cash. Just a pity we didn't get the best out of him. But it wasn't through a lack of trying. Greenberg got him at his peak and we...
  44. C

How is Hoppa feeling today?

Blame the board, CEO and Des for this. Hopoate simply requested it. It's like asking your boss to change your hours and you accept the pay cut. The problem was that as a club, we should not have accepted it because it was against the club philosophy and what the club was built on. The club let...
  45. C

Time for the Bulldogs board to be accountable

The board should advance the rights of the supporters
  46. C

We are a laughing stock

I don't care when the Dogs aren't playing. Time to get back into the soccer now !
  47. C

Des' s Attack Set for Off Season Overhaul

Hasler is so arrogant and no respect for us or the opposition. Most noticeable comment from yesterday press conference was Halser saying “They did better than I thought actually". Really? That's what you say about your semi final opposition? What an utterly stupid comment to make. Just proves...
  48. C

All the smart and loyal fans knew long ago this team is shit

But we were called unloyal fans. They say your best friend is your most honest friend.
  49. C

Protest march

Make it happen
  50. C

FINALS WEEK 1 - Dogs vs Panthers - NRL Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Tegga, no offence, but come down back to earth. Be a realist. We do not have the game plan. We dont hve the coach. We do not have the team. We do not have the culture. We so not have the BUlldog spirit. We do not have the honesty. But somehow all is good coz we give free memberships to...
  51. C

Why can't they just shut up and play footy?

The amount of talk and gibberish this week, they might as well invite the Panthers for a sit down session and tell them everything.
  52. C

Steve Folkes > Des Hasler, so why not sack him?

We don't have the game plan to win the big one. So yeah it isn't good enough. We brought him over to win the premiership not be bridesmaid twice. That's why we forked out all the dollars to bring him over, and then meet all his investment demands 2014 was lucky. We have had the wood on...
  53. C

Canterbury under the radar for NRL finals — but is it a worry or part of Des Hasler’s plan?

Maybe the Souths game a bit of a nothing game. But we wanted to see was some sort of improvement, some momentum. Instead we kept going backwards. Embarassing. And please don't tell me we lost to Cowboys and Broncs to stay under the radar. 4 pts clear of 5th, 3 rounds to go. And we got rolled...
  54. C

LOL do you think they have a plan for different teams? I am convinced they do no video reviews. And I am convinced those cameras at Belmore are just for after-dark security.
  55. C

Dear Will.

It is not Hopoate's fault. He made a request, and the club granted it. The club failed to uphold it's only philosophy. When Moses Mbye wanted to put a coach clause in his contract, Castle said “Our philosophy at Canterbury-Bankstown is club first, team second and individual third. If we allow...
  56. C

why is the media so focused on us

Penrith quietly going about their business, while we are in the media talking ourselves up. I guess it's the only thing you can do, when you can't play football. It reminds me of this person at work, who said he was very proficient in excel during an interview. Only to get the job and didn't...
  57. C

I am quietly confident about Sunday

LOL good ol' Bernard
  58. C

Dogs are having a party

Mad Monday party is only 3 days away
  59. C

LOL I know. My general rule the past few months is if we are not in front by minimum 10pts at half time, we are 99.5% certain to lose the match. So all Penrith have to do is is stay in the game till half time and victory is theirs.
  60. C

Thoughts when we make the gf?

When Hasler came out in the media yesterday and put the blame and pressure on the players was clearly a person denying any responsbility which was an utter disgrace. The blame lies squarely at the feet of Hasler, and it is up to Hasler to turn it around. Nothing in 4 years gives me confidence he...
  61. C

Thoughts when we make the gf?

Hasler_Lover, you might still be in bed with Hasler, but the rest of us are waiting outside the house with pitchforks lol
  62. C

March to Allianz - 2.45 - Central Station

I love how they want to make Allianz their home ground for this game. But couldn't have given a toss playing at our Belmore the holy grail of the club! They couldn't even lift for that game and respect their hardcore fans, and the club. But somehow we are meant to believe that if Allianz turns...
  63. C

Four NRL coaches who should be sacked

We lost some close ones due to incompetence to close a game. That is how we play. So losing is just reflective on our performance. It doesn't "even" anything out And the second time we played Parra, I think they had a 20k team and still beat us.
  64. C

This weeks Penrith side

All our wins have been smokes and mirrors. We have struggled to put any of the weak teams away. And got put on show with the better teams. And all those latest 5 Penrith wins, I am convinced we would have gone to golden point in every one of those games.
  65. C

March to Allianz - 2.45 - Central Station

... the protest march
  66. C

Steve Folkes > Des Hasler, so why not sack him?

That "wealth of resources at his disposal" is about to be nullified. The NRL are about to bring a cap on off-field football dept. Hasler has had his time, the money, the resources the envy of every club - and failed to take advantage of it! If that's what he can do with this gap, can you imagine...
  67. C

And we have regressed. Next year, we won't be so lucky. And Hasler has not changed the "structure/plan" for years, so nothing gives me any confidence we will see a different look next year. Teams get better, we get worse.
  68. C

Alot of games we REALLY struggled to put struggling teams away, and we could have lost a few which would have put us out of the 8. Tedesco makes a big difference. Roosters and Souths hit form at the wrong end. If they hit their straps earlier, we would have missed the 8 easily. And Parra...
  69. C

No extension yet, but contract talks have opened. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/bulldogs/bulldogs-want-des-hasler-to-stay-on-as-coach-until-at-least-2019/news-story/0bb5f27401ae8726b0efd37dc4621930 Despite claims from Bulldogs legend Terry Lamb that Hasler doesn’t...
  70. C

Mural at Central Station showing the Dogs in a good light

Someone would think questioning the ref in an agressive manner started and ended with the Bulldogs. It started way before that. It's just the NRL chose when to crackdown on it - which by miracle was against us. It's like when the NRL crackdown on the shoulder charge by banning it, then...
  71. C

This weeks Penrith side

very poor vision by Hasler. He knew Hoppa was not playing on Sunday's come finals time, and instead of mixing it up to give players experience, he left him there to the end. And now we are left with an amatuer in Philips who is going to get bombarded the poor bloke! My feeling is that Hoppa...
  72. C

Josh Morris relishing Canterbury Bulldogs being written off on eve of NRL finals

How about the Dogs players all have a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up! They are convincing no-one with their talk. Performances are what matters.
  73. C

Mural at Central Station showing the Dogs in a good light

Well we certainly ain't playing football, hence no player with a ball in hand! They should have had Tolman being tackled by a player.
  74. C

Bulldogs fans ready to take over Allianz Stadium for Penrith clash

Last time we "took" over Allianz (2015), we got smashed by the Roosters. I guess that's all that Ralene is worried about. Rearing her head for a good PR story, rather than sort out the football dept! Anyway, I am staying home and organising at BBQ. I'd rather spend my money on my family and...
  75. C

Let's share some glory day stories about the bulldogs to make us feel better.

too young to remember much of the 80's. but I remember the 1994 run - only to be crushed by Canberra. Martin Bella! Redemption in 1995 with a truly backs-to-the wall premiership. And the 1998 finals run was legendary Bulldog spirit. Never-say-die attitude. 1999 Ricky Stuart banana kick to...
  76. C

James Graham backs Canterbury Bulldogs to regain their bite for NRL finals

I already have little to no confidence in the team. When they talk tough, it makes me even less confident. The Bulldogs of old used to mean what they say.
  77. C

How many Bulldogs will turn up to the game against Penrith??

2013. Horrible form. Played Knights first week and got spanked and nothing changed. 2014 - even worse form, lost 6 out of our last 8 and managed to make the GF. 2015 - won our last 5, and struggled to be St Geroge in week 1, then got spanked in Week 2. so in other words there are 3 Bulldog...
  78. C

Klemmer warned for throwing bottle

You obviously missed the point of the post. We are a Plan A team and that's it. If doesnt work, we have no Plan B. Players get frustrated chasing the game with no idea what to do.
  79. C

But I am gld the NRL have their priorities. Ban a player for a harmless water bottle. Apparently that's not a good look. But don't suspend/stand down Fifita for publicly supporting a convicted criminal.
  80. C

Its all frustration. Hasler either us getting belted or winning games in the 80th minute. Our absolutely diabolical structure and game plan has players gassed, panicked and frustrated.
  81. C

Moses Mbye

I blame the coach for every team selection I blame the coach for every player performance I blame the coach for every structure. I blame the coach for micro managing this team so much they have no instinct anymore.
  82. C

Des Presser

We will. Those free refugee memberships will triple to push up the numbers.
  83. C

Des Presser

Kevin Moore-esque
  84. C

Completions ay, Des?

In that half we completed 83%, 54% of possession and made 20 less tackles in that half and we look horrible
  85. C

Hasler, tell us what more do you want?

lol. Well in the last article Canterbury veteran Sam Perrett has revealed that the Bulldogs coach watches training from all angles on a monitor and will stop everything mid-session if he isn’t happy. “We have cameras all around the training ground (at Belmore) that live stream training to a...
  86. C

Hasler, tell us what more do you want?

Hasler has it all. EVERYTHING HE HAS EVER WANTED. We do not even look like anything that resemble the return we would have expected from the investment. That's what makes our performances all the more hilarious. Have a look below, and tell me how our return has been worth it? And tell me what...
  87. C

Decided to go to the game

No way I am going. I'll wait til Des gives me a team worth my time, effort and $. I have given enough of my time . If we go - crowds up, money in - where is the incentive for change?? The club is built on us fans, not the other way. We owe the club nothing. On the other hand, they owe it to us.
  88. C

Raelene Castle responds

Lol. They've only had 5 years. But going to belmore made me remember of the cameras recording the training sessions. I honestly wonder what their purpose is. Seriously. Over the years it still baffles me. No joke.
  89. C

Has Hasler lost the respect of the playing group?

Its all about completions. Hasler has been talking about completion since 2013. But its all about completion apparently. Hold the ball and we can have world peace too. Just catch the ball, look clueless and surrender the set - 100% completion. Mission accomplished. Target reached.
  90. C

History stacked against Dogs

Des has "unleashed" his comedians
  91. C

Josh Reynolds says the Bulldogs must cut their error rate if they’re to improve

Exactly. 5 sets completed is 100%. Does it make it ok to only have 5 sets for 80mins?
  92. C

Make Ennis an offer

If i was Ennis i wouldnt come back. Hasler is a killer
  93. C

Make Ennis an offer

If i was Ennis i wouldnt come back. Hasler is a killer
  94. C

Worst Set of Six in NRL History

Hasler will not change. He will sink or swim with his plan. And so far we are sinking very fast. Those wins in a row were diabolical and came down loke a tonne of bricks against decent opposition.
  95. C

All is not lost

Lol. Come back down to earth mate. We had a chance to threaten the comp. Instead we fold like assholes and dished out the same crap. We never stepped up. This is the best we can perform. And tbh after 5 years and all the money thrown and technology investment its an utter disgrace