Make Ennis an offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With the announcement of Michael Ennis retiring this year and still on a career high I would have assumed other clubs would be making beeline towards him .

He has been a master stroke for the Sharks and I still stand by him being the missing link in our team. He was held in high regard by all our players and knew how to motivate the team.

If des could just pull his head in and realise this , we might have a chance next year.
If i was Ennis i wouldnt come back. Hasler is a killer

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With the announcement of Michael Ennis retiring this year and still on a career high I would have assumed other clubs would be making beeline towards him .

He has been a master stroke for the Sharks and I still stand by him being the missing link in our team. He was held in high regard by all our players and knew how to motivate the team.

If des could just pull his head in and realise this , we might have a chance next year.
If i was Ennis i wouldnt come back. Hasler is a killer

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ennis wants to spend more time with his kids.

It was his call not to re-sign with the Sharks.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reason I want Ennis back is not for his hooker skills, its for his unique ability to successfully manage and execute des's stupid game plan plus motivate the team. It'd be like having a working coach on the field.

There's enough whispers to assume older experienced players are less desirable and worse than young athletic players which in fact is a fallacy .

You just have to look at the knights to see this failed theory.

On the other hand the storm and cronulla with their ageing spines are table toppers
If you have a flat tyre, you shouldn't let the air out of the other 3 tyres to equal the fucked tyre, what you needed do is replace the fucked tyre not bring everything else to its level. Des is our flat tyre

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Make REIN an offer, give him a creative licence, and give him support

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Inside scoop:

Mick wants to retire himself Wolfy. He knew he has 2 to 3 good years left in him and he gave 2 to the Sharks because he wouldnt toe the Des line...he wasnt a Des comedian like Bupper or Tols.

The thing that made Mick decide this year was the end was the change in the TV rights. With Fox now presenting EVERY game live themself AND having a rotating panel at the studio, Mick decided he better get in there established before he misses the boat. After his time on NRL360 Fox executives have offered Mick permanent time in commentary. Nows the time for him to properly establish his media career. His crook knees also couldnt stand up to another pre season...so the TIME IS RIGHT.

Reactions: DT

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Inside scoop:

Mick wants to retire himself Wolfy. He knew he has 2 to 3 good years left in him and he gave 2 to the Sharks because he wouldnt toe the Des line...he wasnt a Des comedian like Bupper or Tols.

The thing that made Mick decide this year was the end was the change in the TV rights. With Fox now presenting EVERY game live themself AND having a rotating panel at the studio, Mick decided he better get in there established before he misses the boat. After his time on NRL360 Fox executives have offered Mick permanent time in commentary. Nows the time for him to properly establish his media career. His crook knees also couldnt stand up to another pre season...so the TIME IS RIGHT.
I suppose you have to respect that.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fkn lol wanting him back. It's not like he won us a GF or anything.

Actually has he ever won a GF in the 43 teams he has played for?

Reactions: DT

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you mean Ennis for coach?

absolutely!
The planets have aligned .. It's like a scripted fairy tale .
If I'm to believe the reason he was dismissed was because be was trying out new set plays then he is definitely the man to have around our team.

He'd be an instant hit , he has credibility , he's passionate , has vision and the team respond well to him.

I say throw the cheque book at him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If I'm to believe the reason he was dismissed was because be was trying out new set plays then he is definitely the man to have around our team.

He'd be an instant hit , he has credibility , he's passionate , has vision and the team respond well to him.

Bet the cheque book is not the only thing you want to throw at him ayee

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

who would have thunk it, but i am sure ennis is happy where he is.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let the man rest. He's done his duty, don't bring him back and turn him into Terry Lamb

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis as an assistant
Wouldn't mind that
At least brings the players together

Status
Not open for further replies.