OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutch may as well play 13, he likes tacking likes taking hit ups and can be a link man in the middle

need a real 7 running the show
Salmon has to go. Had his chance and blew it. Bring Kautoga in for him. We need his mongrel. I’m not sold on Mann, as he often runs around in circles. Hutch could play that role (minus the circles hopefully) or be dropped. Taffy or Sex to 7. Do it Ciro you coward!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Morrin was running some really good lines and it was obvious they had done it at training if Mahoney had done his job properly he would have scored at least one try, I like the strategy of morrin coming on and running at a fatigued middle with his leg speed but it takes finesse from the dummy half to create the space needed to score points.
I thought Morrin was really good yesterday. Actually threatened with the ball in hand.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
think sandon Smith is out for a month so it'll be keary and walker in the halves.

dont think roosters will risk collins if its a hamstring injury so hopefully he's out
Who cares they’re all average. People talking like Sandon Smith playing will be scary lmfao.

Same people saying we should get Hastings hahaha fuckin wot?!

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who cares they’re all average. People talking like Sandon Smith playing will be scary lmfao.

Same people saying we should get Hastings hahaha fuckin wot?!

I'd honestly rather have Hastings then hutcho at half.....

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Morrin was really good yesterday. Actually threatened with the ball in hand.
I have always like Morrin he has to potential to be a try scoring machine, he’s a fearless line runner and quick for a middle. Looking forward to seeing him run of Hayward.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Team for next week should be

1. Tracey
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Wilson
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Hughes
11. Kikz
12. Preston
13. Curran

14. Knight
15. Mann
16. Kitione Kautoga
17. Patalo

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Taaffe would be a better half option.
That’s what I would prefer. He played a great half back like game with those two great chips near the tryline. I agree with others that his defence in the line could be an issue but not sure it’s a certainty. Besides that you also have to weigh up the disruption of moving your fullback to half and playing a new fullback. It shouldn’t be too big of a deal but depends on how they’ve trained.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
IMO the attack is stifled more having too many ball players - or players try to ball play - Mann Salmon Hutchison Mahoney - going sideways. May as well play Mann or Taafe at half.
You have answered your own question in this post, the first man touching the ball all ways moves laterally that forces every player outside him to do the same every time, changing the halfback doesn’t fix any of that.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d rather have Sexton or even O’Neill. Hastings is trash. I’d even have Mann at 7 but I don’t think he has a kicking game?
mann is more of a runner, we're better off with sexton for now and leave the younger halves in nsw cup for the time being

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The attack
I honestly watch and think, "what goes on at training".
The halves do not take the ball to the line, they do not engage the line, there are no bodies in motion, players running decoys etc.
Its literally Burton and Hutch passing well before the line to either Kiks or someone else and saying, you do something.
You keep hearing that taking the ball to the line and passing requires bravery because you essentially expose your ribs.
I have a sneaky feeling that Burton is scared. That is why he does not do it.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The attack
I honestly watch and think, "what goes on at training".
The halves do not take the ball to the line, they do not engage the line, there are no bodies in motion, players running decoys etc.
Its literally Burton and Hutch passing well before the line to either Kiks or someone else and saying, you do something.
You keep hearing that taking the ball to the line and passing requires bravery because you essentially expose your ribs.
I have a sneaky feeling that Burton is scared. That is why he does not do it.
The fact is we HAVE NO HALVES.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mahoney is a much bigger issue than Hutchinson in attack. He thinks but he cannot engage any defenders out at all because they know he isn’t a threat out of marker but he still runs sideways in doing so. Just slows the shift down immensely. He had excellent service at Parra by just getting the ball quickly to their halves. Again this is a coaching issue. Burton kicking game been decent this year but fmd the ball playing and involvements of him was poor throughout. Salmon has been straight trash since trials, got nfi why Curran or Mann aren’t starting. Only change I think we must forcefully make is Patolo in for Salmon.

I think people expect way too much from this squad. We played better than them and they are a side challenging for the top 4 whilst this squad probably should be winning or getting close to the spoon. The troops are coming, our junior grades are flying with lots of talent. This won’t be a failed rebuild. Stick with the guys

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Same could be said for the Majority of 5/8ths in the NRL, you are right he’s not a playmaker but if we had a decent 7 he wouldn’t need to be.
The majority of 5/8s can pass a fucking ball. He can't. A halfback isn't going to make him any better.