OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What we have in the first month of the season is 1 great win and 3 gutsy losses. I think a 2-2 record is probably more deserving given the teams effort but it is what it is. Our draw to kick off the season is horrendous and unfortunately we’re getting no luck. I’m confident the team starts to string way more wins together after the first bye.

There are some obvious adjustments Ciraldo needs to make though. The first is Curran is an infinitely better player than Salmon so if he insists on having a ball playing lock that can make metres then Curran needs to be that player. The game changed when he came on. The other is the spine as is, isn’t working. It’s either Taaffe or Sexton at halfback for mine with Hutchison on the bench or in reserves. The other is he needs to find a way to get Crichton into the game more, maybe that’s at fullback or maybe it’s an adjustment in attacking structure. But we’re wasting him at he moment and he’s having minimal opportunities to influence the game.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The majority of 5/8s can pass a fucking ball. He can't. A halfback isn't going to make him any better.
I didn’t say it would make him better, I just said he wouldn’t need to try and be a playmaker.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To create some balance on here RE certain players, Kiraz also missed a one-on-one tackle on Wighton in the first half leading to South’s 2nd try, his defence seems to get overlooked a lot on here. He was great for us last week and I rate him highly, but he has to firm up his defence - protected species to some degree.

Still feel we played well, we were the better team yesterday - but we just didn’t get the big calls when it mattered. If one of Jack Wighton (clear hip drop on Preston) or Latrell (contact to the head on Fox) get sin binned, South’s wouldn’t have had enough energy to repel us in that period where we had quality possession.

Positive signs for us, but I fear Roosters get a leg up next week for that bullsh!t “no try” call to Manu for the JWH obstruction.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I didn’t say it would make him better, I just said he wouldn’t need to try and be a playmaker.
He also wouldn't have to try and be a playmaker if he WASN'T PLAYING IN THE HALVES :rage:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who cares they’re all average. People talking like Sandon Smith playing will be scary lmfao.

Same people saying we should get Hastings hahaha fuckin wot?!
The Hastings talk scares me. The bloke is slower than Hutcho. Never engages line, just dishes out the back.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell now charged over Fox late hit yet Sutton didn’t think it was worth another look yesterday
Even the bunker thought it was fine. While the incident is unfortunate, you have to consider the variables: it was reckless and Mitchell’s history in foul play. I hope the referee’s in the game get demoted for weeks for the lack of care and unprofessionalism for player welfare throughout the game.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The morning after always a stark reminder of yesterday was triggering, most of us thought we had possibly turned a corner i also think thats why CC was so pissed. But we lost by 4, were in it to last min and calls didnt go our way.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even the bunker thought it was fine. While the incident is unfortunate, you have to consider the variables: it was reckless and Mitchell’s history in foul play. I hope the referee’s in the game get demoted for weeks for the lack of care and unprofessionalism for player welfare throughout the game.
All good points

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have answered your own question in this post, the first man touching the ball all ways moves laterally that forces every player outside him to do the same every time, changing the halfback doesn’t fix any of that.
The first player touching the ball generally goes sideways, but they dont have to. The problems are exacerbated if dummy half goes sideways first receiver (lock) goes sideway, second receiver (half) goes sideways. In the first four games Hutchison has been in half holes but doesnt have the pace to take adavantage of it - defenders can give him half a gap hedge their bets around runners and if he runs they can easily get to him.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Morrin to be suspended for 2-3 games. He played well off the bench and was unlucky to not score. That drop ball and tackle was his worst 5 mins ever for us. He could be our Cotter.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell now charged over Fox late hit yet Sutton didn’t think it was worth another look yesterday
I think Sutton has failed in the basics of officiating by not looking at the incident in particular if a player is not moving, unprofessional Sutton, time to have a chat Graham.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Morrin to be suspended for 2-3 games. He played well off the bench and was unlucky to not score. That drop ball and tackle was his worst 5 mins ever for us. He could be our Cotter.
Agree, Cotter like vibes, he’s a goer. Looked energetic in everything he did. The drop ball was just a good tackle and that sin-bin tackle, in my eyes, was more the ball carriers momentum though there was a minor lift which made it look worse than it was.