News Trying to bite my tongue’: Ciraldo wants ‘clarity’ after contentious calls cruel Dogs

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol @ Fitzgibbons view of the Kikau “no try”

“I’d rather defend it better, but he got obstructed. How does he not? If he doesn’t get stopped then he runs forward and makes the tackle five metres before the try line,”
It was his choice to run behind the ref, thinking that the ball was going wide. It was a poor read.

If it had been the goalpost in the way, would it still be a no try?

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

“I’d rather defend it better, but he got obstructed. How does he not? If he doesn’t get stopped then he runs forward and makes the tackle five metres before the try line,”
If the shoe was on the other foot I’m sure he would’ve had a different opinion!

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronulla's last two tries were great examples of what backing up your players can produce.

That has to be developed, it doesn't magically happen. If we keep changing the team structure it will never develop.
It’s been like that for years so many times yesterday kikau and Burton where threatening and a pass or offload to support would have resulted in a try .
Very upsetting man

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see;
1. Taffe tackled in the air. Play on.
2. Taffe contests a knock on. Bunker apparently could see his hand clearly knocking it on...no on e else could
3. We put up a bomb & Kiraz is run off the ball...whole team stops...play on & they go 60 meters down the field
4. Kikau open run to the line with a 4 foot gnome running around the ref & getting a result.
5. Kikau shoulder charged late & off the ball which was a clear send off....nope 2 sets later they give him 10
6. Kikau slaps a players chest.....he loos at ref...he gets penalty
7. Cronulla's last try which was an absolute joke but bunker could clearly see the kick was legitimate & he didn't knock on

But nrlol will come out and say everything is legit on monday

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hutchison has Flannagan vibes that disturbs me greatly.
No way bro, Hutcho actually takes the line on. He just ain’t got the speed, flanno would just pass two meters before the line never engaging it

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the worst calls was the Kiraz obstruction that didn’t get picked up. It was about 5 minutes after we were penalised for exactly the same bloody thing. The ref looked at the touchie but it happened near the posts so he should have called it himself.

The sharks then ran it back to halfway .

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lets see;
2. Taffe contests a knock on. Bunker apparently could see his hand clearly knocking it on...no on e else could
3. We put up a bomb & Kiraz is run off the ball...whole team stops...play on & they go 60 meters down the field
4. Kikau open run to the line with a 4 foot gnome running around the ref & getting a result.
5. Kikau shoulder charged late & off the ball which was a clear send off....nope 2 sets later they give him 10
7. Cronulla's last try which was an absolute joke but bunker could clearly see the kick was legitimate & he didn't knock on

Scary thing is there was more

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why didn’t CC go harder? If you are going to do it , do it properly and actually call it out

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

We all know of it was the other way round the Kennel would think Taafe could have stopped Talakai

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope the club has 14 hours of bad calls from the last couple of years on tape to take to the review.

It'd be great if a few of the clubs that regularly cop referees crap got together and commissioned to get changes implemented. Should have an independent committee reviewing any contentious calls (6agains included) and whether it was balanced or biased refereeing. If the refs display bias they cop 2 weeks at first steadily increasing their suspensions until they get sacked if they're not able to call games without bias.

It's gotten to the point that I only watch our games and maybe 5 minutes of the odd other game until I see which way the ref is leaning. It usually takes less than 5 minutes to see who they're favouring. Shouldn't be the case. And it's taken me from being footy obsessed, to it just being an interest I can't quite abandon fully.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Lets see;
Ramien was looking at the ball and bailed at the last second. Rough call but not the worst.
I could. Is what it is.
Tele angle was bad so not sure how bad that was.
Them the rules. Shit rule but the rule.
Now thats fair. Send off most days.
Now that was just plain funny.
Much as I hate it - both times were kicked.

Give ya 5 and 6.

5 is a bit each way but every team can complain about consistency on that. Some days thats a send, others its just 10.

6 was a laugh.

1 is given most days. Wasn't our day.

Now the one I reckon you missed was the forward passes. Half the sharts tries had forward passes in it. None were called. We made a break, sharts all stopped and screamed and next thing its called. Fair play - it was slightly forward.

Refs weren't great but we were worse. Is what it is.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

And people think Ciraldo is delusional in his press conferences hahaha

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Did someone drop kick his head